Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king arthas View Post
    Wait I have a question how can you be a lesbian pastor if Christianity is against gays? It just doesen't make sense to me for gays to be Christian, Jewish, or Muslim. I mean I can get gays being atheist, Buddhist or other religions that don't have anything against gays. But it just seems weird to me, kind of like a black guy joining the KKK, or a jew joining the Nazis.
    There are sects of Christianity that teach that interracial marriage is a sin and that blacks are inferior to whites.

Does that mean it's hypocritical for blacks to be members of other sects of Christianity that don't teach that?
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Now I know you're joking since there is no such thing as a gay Muslim I mean the middle east hates gays more than any place else. Heck in those countries you can be put to death over it.

I honestly don't get why gays would want to worship the abramic god. I mean I wouldent worship a god that thought I was an abomination.
    Historically, Muslim societies have been all over the map on gay rights - from total acceptance to punishing people with death.

Today, even in the middle east, there are lots of homosexuals and most of them consider themselves Muslims. Outside the middle east, there are a number of majority-Muslim countries that ae reasonably tolerant towards homosexuality.

Bizarrely, Iran of all places is one of the most tolerant countries in the world when it comes to transgender women.
    Last edited by Iangould; 05-10-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Now I know you're joking since there is no such thing as a gay Muslim I mean the middle east hates gays more than any place else. Heck in those countries you can be put to death over it.

I honestly don't get why gays would want to worship the abramic god. I mean I wouldent worship a god that thought I was an abomination.
    What the hell! Did I miss an episode of House of H where Oprah broke down over the corpse of her Life Lessons shows and whispered a silent malediction?

I actually briefly dated a gay Muslim guy. He was deep in the closet and very secretive about his sexuality, however he was also a true believer in his faith.

It's the same that you will find the odd Muslim who will secretly drink or have pre-marital sex.

Any-hew, just confirming that there Is such a thing as a gay Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiquinn View Post
    I actually briefly dated a gay Muslim guy. He was deep in the closet and very secretive about his sexuality, however he was also a true believer in his faith.

It's the same that you will find the odd Muslim who will secretly drink or have pre-marital sex.

Any-hew, just confirming that there Is such a thing as a gay Muslim.
    Or will assure you that the ban on premarital sex only applies to vaginal sex so it's perfectly okay for her to suck you off while you use a dildo on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Or will assure you that the ban on premarital sex only applies to vaginal sex so it's perfectly okay for her to suck you off while you use a dildo on her.
    Or whatever, nobodies perfect. If someone slips from there chosen beleife or code in life, I personally would be a hypocrite to lord over them for it.

And just so you know, the Muslim guy I dated was actually a decent guy.

I also knew a straight Muslim guy who was constantly sleeping with girls. He was a faithful Muslim in many other aspects and I believed him when he said he loved his faith and culture.

I never judged him for it. I know plenty of Christian guys and morally upright atheists that have done exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    And let's face it, even if it did, there's a ton of crazy shit in there everyone ignores. To quote the great biblical scholar Rev. Timothy Lovejoy, "Oh just about everything is a sin, have you ever sat down and read this thing? Technically we're not allowed to go to the bathroom."
    I would like, if I may, to put forth a modest proposal. If we're going to be making laws and amending constitutions based on Bible verses, then in order to be consistent the following legislation must be passed immediately:

Tattoos are now illegal. "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:28

Working on a Sunday will be prohibited. No exceptions. If your house catches fire, let's hope you've got a garden hose and a few buckets of water handy.

Slavery is good to go again, provided it's done under loving, compassionate Biblical principles. These principles are outlined in detail here.

Every house, apartment or other dwelling where women of child-bearing age reside must include a menstrual hut or other isolation facility for use during the time of the month when women are unclean.

I'm afraid your favourite seafood restaurant will be closing down. As will all the rest.

And that's just for starters.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

there is no such thing as a gay Muslim
    This is a factually incorrect statement.

I wouldn't be too keen myself, but that's up to them to work out.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I would like, if I may, to put forth a modest proposal. If we're going to be making laws and amending constitutions based on Bible verses, then in order to be consistent the following legislation must be passed immediately:

Tattoos are now illegal. "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:28

Working on a Sunday will be prohibited. No exceptions. If your house catches fire, let's hope you've got a garden hose and a few buckets of water handy.

Slavery is good to go again, provided it's done under loving, compassionate Biblical principles. These principles are outlined in detail here.

Every house, apartment or other dwelling where women of child-bearing age reside must include a menstrual hut or other isolation facility for use during the time of the month when women are unclean.

I'm afraid your favourite seafood restaurant will be closing down. As will all the rest.

My very favorite example that no one knows about: "When you build a new house, make a parapet around your roof so that you may not bring the guilt of bloodshed on your house if someone falls from the roof." (Deuteronomy 22:8)

It was a useful rule at the time; houses were built close together with flat roofs that attached to each other, and hey here's a simple idea to help you get along with your neighbors and not be brought to court if one of the neighbor kids trips and falls off in a game of roof tag. But the rule is irrelevant now and nobody puts a railing inside their rain gutters. Because we're not stupid and can understand the cultural context of what we're reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Algren View Post
    My very favorite example that no one knows about: "When you build a new house, make a parapet around your roof so that you may not bring the guilt of bloodshed on your house if someone falls from the roof." (Deuteronomy 22:8)

It was a useful rule at the time; houses were built close together with flat roofs that attached to each other, and hey here's a simple idea to help you get along with your neighbors and not be brought to court if one of the neighbor kids trips and falls off in a game of roof tag. But the rule is irrelevant now and nobody puts a railing inside their rain gutters. Because we're not stupid and can understand the cultural context of what we're reading.
    Course, the irony now, you try to enforce a housing code, "You're inflicting on my constitutional freedoms!"
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

I guess you missed where all those rules pretty much were thrown out? It is in a little known bit of the bible called the New Testament.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Originally Posted by StoneGold
    And let's face it, even if it did, there's a ton of crazy shit in there everyone ignores. To quote the great biblical scholar Rev. Timothy Lovejoy, "Oh just about everything is a sin, have you ever sat down and read this thing? Technically we're not allowed to go to the bathroom."

Well I don't know about you guys but I think staying away from women on their periods is a good idea. I mean women can be pretty irrational and get mad easily. I mean just recently my mom looked at my grades and when she found out I had 1 E and 2 D's she got mad and took my computer away, and when I said she was overreacting she called me dumb. Now tell me doesn't that sound irrational.
    Mylife can sure be difficult. I feel sorry for myself.

BANNED

What is their to debate? Its a waste of money regulating gay marriage. let gay people do what ever. Hell id let them screw a goat if i weren't scared of getiing new plagues and diseases.
    Then again I don't know how that one would go it kind of be like rape if the goat didn't give consent.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I guess you missed where all those rules pretty much were thrown out? It is in a little known bit of the bible called the New Testament.
    So God is a flip-flopper?

Well I don't know about you guys but I think staying away from women on their periods is a good idea. I mean women can be pretty irrational and get mad easily. I mean just recently my mom looked at my grades and when she found out I had 1 E and 2 D's she got mad and took my computer away, and when I said she was overreacting she called me dumb. Now tell me doesn't that sound irrational.
    Mylife can sure be difficult. I feel sorry for myself.
    You make me feel so very very very old. My kids are older than you are.

And your mother is very lenient
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied