Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The whole event is contrived what do you expect. And watch after its over they will be all buddy buddy. Just like the Avengers after Dark Reign ended. They acted like Civil War didn't even happen. That Ms. Marvel Tony Stark and others weren't beating down fellow heroes and putting them in jail. I know in comics writers can seemingly just erase grudges and hard feelings, but it does kind of irk me that we kind of swept some stuff under the rug here. I mean Civil War wasn't just some simple skirmish, but watch the Avengers and X-men will be best buds 2 years after this event
    I get the feeling that there'll be some kind of grudge between the groups for a while until something forces them to team up again. Though possibly the school still associates with them since either Rogue or Ms. Marvel change sides at the end of the Legacy tie-ins and we've been told Carol will still be an Avenger after she becomes Captain Marvel after AvsX.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I get the feeling that there'll be some kind of grudge between the groups for a while until something forces them to team up again. Though possibly the school still associates with them since either Rogue or Ms. Marvel change sides at the end of the Legacy tie-ins and we've been told Carol will still be an Avenger after she becomes Captain Marvel after AvsX.
    Historically there's always been a LITTLE BIT of tension between the teams. And I imagine there always will be.

Though in the same breath I'm sure they'll get over their issues to a large degree and work together when they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Really ive herd it be counted but ill take your word for it
    It is very hard to find a state More Yankee than Conneticut
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I think US Agent was from the south but he has no legs at present time.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

I wish Cannonball would hurry up and become an Avenger.
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

So will Gambit be waving the Confederate flag at some point during his fight with Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    So will Gambit be waving the Confederate flag at some point during his fight with Captain America?
    It would have been fun seeing him do that in Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Gambit was talking out of his ass since they couldn't give him any deep reasons for wanting to fight the Avengers.
    Or, you know, he may have been joking. He's been known to do that once in a while. He gives a more serious reason in Legacy, wanting to keep the students from doing anything stupid.

Of course, that's before the Avengers show up on their front lawn to keep them on a leash.

But yeah, there are no Southerners currently active on the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    Of course, that's before the Avengers show up on their front lawn to keep them on a leash.
    Leash? you mean the three avenger [2 of which have no powers] that showed up just to sit on their quin jet and play poker, all to make sure a supposedly neutral party dosen't send any more combatants to the front lines

BANNED

listen, no one expects gambit to make sense. his job is to sit around and look pretty until its time to blow something up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Leash? you mean the three avenger [2 of which have no powers] that showed up just to sit on their quin jet and play poker, all to make sure a supposedly neutral party dosen't send any more combatants to the front lines
    They showed up to make sure, and this is a quote from the book, "Nobody else decides to take 'individual action'." That's trying to put them on a leash. You don't show up on someone's front lawn and makes threats like that.

I think Gambit was speaking for the current roster rather than the history of...but that's me trying to rationalize the comment.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

There are also no Albanians. Never trust a team without Albanians.

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superchick View Post
    There are also no Albanians. Never trust a team without Albanians.
    They also don't have any members of the Church of the SubGenius and this upsets me.
    I rule me.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    listen, no one expects gambit to make sense. his job is to sit around and look pretty until its time to blow something up.
    i think he was asking to be recruited. it's like when Triathlon showed up and called it a rosterful of crackers.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time