Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    I wish Cannonball would hurry up and become an Avenger.
    i used to really really want this. he's like a present day Steve Rogers in some way; humility and leadershipwise.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i used to really really want this. he's like a present day Steve Rogers in some way; humility and leadershipwise.
    Well, at times. And that's mostly because sometimes, he's a character brought to the forefront, and he's that. Other times, he's the guy posing with the New Mutants somewhere in the back of the big X-Men photo.

He would make a good Avengers recruit, though. At least in part because he seems a little less wrapped up specifically in the mutant struggle than some of his comrades. Not that he isn't involved, but he's a little less consumed by it than some, he'd cross over well.

Come to think of it, so would Roberto for the same reasons. Except on the opposite side of the personality coin, where he's basically the Hawkeye/Quicksilver to Sam's Cap.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Well, at times. And that's mostly because sometimes, he's a character brought to the forefront, and he's that. Other times, he's the guy posing with the New Mutants somewhere in the back of the big X-Men photo.

He would make a good Avengers recruit, though. At least in part because he seems a little less wrapped up specifically in the mutant struggle than some of his comrades. Not that he isn't involved, but he's a little less consumed by it than some, he'd cross over well.

Come to think of it, so would Roberto for the same reasons. Except on the opposite side of the personality coin, where he's basically the Hawkeye/Quicksilver to Sam's Cap.
    well (in the 90s) the New Mutants were supposed to have evolved into something different from what Xavier or Cable intended. that didn't really happen, of course. but i think they might have been helped by branching out into the world. Dani Moonstar did become a S.H.I.E.L.D agent for a little while. i'm backing Cannonball because he has descriptive codename and battlescene-approved powerset.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    But yeah, there are no Southerners currently active on the Avengers.
    meaning he was right.

Humility, leadership honor and integrity pretty much makes him a bad match for the current Avengers
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Humility, leadership honor and integrity pretty much makes him a bad match for the current Avengers
    then let him be the example. Hawkeye's presence alone was enough to get the Thunderbolts moving in the right direction. maybe that's what Guthrie would be for whatever Avengers squad recruits him. an organization like that periodically needs new blood. because what you saw with Civil War is that being part of the infrastructure can warp a way a hero thinks. they weren't able to see things from the others perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    meaning he was right.
    None of the Avengers currently have a working TV sitting on top of a non-working TV.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    meaning he was right.
    1 isn't a lot more than 0, but isn't Sharon Carter active?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    1 isn't a lot more than 0, but isn't Sharon Carter active?
    Sharon's not an Avenger. She's SHIELD. A secret agent.

Gambit seems a strange choice to make a big deal about southerners anyway. Southerners, especially southern aristocrats, were the ones stealing Cajun land back in the day. If the South had won the Civil War, Cajuns wouldn't have a spec of land left in modern times. Cajuns and ethnic southerners are natural enemies.

then let him be the example. Hawkeye's presence alone was enough to get the Thunderbolts moving in the right direction. maybe that's what Guthrie would be for whatever Avengers squad recruits him. an organization like that periodically needs new blood. because what you saw with Civil War is that being part of the infrastructure can warp a way a hero thinks. they weren't able to see things from the others perspective.
    That would not be a bad idea

You guys do know that Gambit is a comic book character. And that this is the writer of the book plus marvel editorial whom are making " gambit" say this.

Quote Originally Posted by devrim View Post
    You guys do know that Gambit is a comic book character. And that this is the writer of the book plus marvel editorial whom are making " gambit" say this.
    We are talking about it in that context

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Really ive herd it be counted but ill take your word for it
    Did you mean Maryland or Delaware? Those are the ones considered borderline and near the Mason-Dixon line

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    Or, you know, he may have been joking. He's been known to do that once in a while. He gives a more serious reason in Legacy, wanting to keep the students from doing anything stupid.

Of course, that's before the Avengers show up on their front lawn to keep them on a leash.

But yeah, there are no Southerners currently active on the Avengers.
    Thats how I saw it

Well I find it strange that the X-men don't have ONE Black American Male member.......................
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)