Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Wanda messing with the fabric of reality damaged it and they needed to put it back, not to mention humans being oppressed, and the massive amounts of mind rape.
    if Franklin Richards hadn't messed with the fabric of reality, the Avengers would be mostly dead. and he wouldn't have a sister.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    if Franklin Richards hadn't messed with the fabric of reality, the Avengers would be mostly dead. and he wouldn't have a sister.
    yes but when Franklin did it he didn't change EVERY THING like Wanda did, and note they told him for the longest time not to do any thing with it.

Wanda's powers where unstable, while franklins are not only stronger imo but more stable

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya
    I always knew Rogue was a horrible leader when she put Sabertooth on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    That really was a terrible leadership call. Plus, Mystique and Lady Mastermind?
    However, I really enjoyed that phase of the X-Men. Supernova is a great collection of stories. In my opinion, of course. But, Carey love for Rogue non-whistanding, she sucked as leader.

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku
    Hell Mystique was pushing it.

The Difference with rouge is that she was a scared little girl who was just following her mothers guidance. It's kinda different with Raven And Creed
    *sigh* Rogue did not take Mystique and Sabretooth on her team because she trusted them and was trying to give them a second chance.

Sabretooth was a prisoner injected with nano-sentinals. Mystique was let in the front door by Cyclops, Rogue actually protested against letting Mystique join the X-men. No one listened to her. So Rogue wanted Mystique on her team to keep an eye on her and keep her away from the institute. Lady Mastermind was the only one she made a bad call on, and thats forgivable since Mastermind didn't have a big rapsheet as the other two. She could've been like Rogue/Emma/Juggernaut and turned another leaf, but she didn't and turned out to be a double agent for Sinister.

Rogue's not guilty of being stupid with her choices, just arrogant at being able to control them all. And to be fair, when it did blow up in her face it was because she was severely weakened and not in her right mind.

//end bias off-topic rant

As for Rogue dropping the ball with protecting the students, meh. What could she have done? She told them to stay inside and they didn't listen. The only one at fault at the JG school is Frenzy for the provoking the conflict.

beast has studied it, and was there when it first came to earth, like i said rachel didn't;t know what she was doing, she got really lucky.

Beast has already created a device to deal with it and a back up plan, that qualifies him as an expert
    He studied it she lived it, and Rachel was "lucky" for more years than Beast observed it.

It only qualifies him as a expert if the device and the plan work.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

this is a fair point, maybe wolverine is betting on the fact it hasn't formally possessed her yet and couldn't revive her afterwards
    A really dumb bet if she is already linked to it as she clearly is

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    A really dumb bet if she is already linked to it as she clearly is
    And yet you keep saying "Well what if she isn't what the pf is after" make up your mind.

Wolverine sells books and the avengers books seem to need " his" help selling more books. So Wolverine will still be an avenger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by devrim View Post
    Wolverine sells books and the avengers books seem to need " his" help selling more books. So Wolverine will still be an avenger.
    No, Wolverine was forced into the Avengers because Editorial pushed it.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    No, Wolverine was forced into the Avengers because Editorial pushed it.
    no more then any other character

And yet you keep saying "Well what if she isn't what the pf is after" make up your mind.
    It could be either nobody has any wat of knowng, In euther case killing her is either stupid or useless or both

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    It could be either nobody has any wat of knowng, In euther case killing her is either stupid or useless or both
    unless it is the right call.

I would be very shocked if Wolverine was still allowed to be an Avenger after he flat out attacked Captain America and got himself thrown off a plane. He's always been volatile, but when he resorts to stabbing teenage girls and going behind the back of the team then I think Captain America and pretty much every other Avenger draws a line. That's not to say the end of AvX won't vindicate Wolverine in some ways. Perhaps it will and Captain America will give Wolverine a second chance. But as it stands, I think Wolverine can pretty much turn in his Avenger membership card because he's done a good job of ensuring that he's not welcome anymore.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

I'd be very shocked if he wasn't still an avenger next year.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Yeah, me too. I think it's far more likely that he leaves X-Force based on some of Remender's comments about changes to the character and the line-up coming in that title after the current arc. Wolverine will remain an Avenger...despite that probably not making much sense at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by pharoahe22 View Post
    Cap and Logan have a lot of bad history...I don't think anything that has happened in AVX thus far is enough for them to completely sever all ties. They've both betrayed each other at certain points in their history, and have been able to work together up until this point and have even become friends. Logan's probably pissed off at Cap right now for kicking him out of the plane in the middle of nowhere...but he understands why he did it. I doubt he'll hold a grudge for long.
    Also, Gage said that Cap wasn't the one to send Falcon, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk to the school...so it was probably Iron Man.
    And will people please stop the "murderer" and "he should have never been on the team" talk? It's just old and completely ridiculous AND hypocritical. It's stated in CANON that Hercules AND Thor have killed over 10,000 sentient beings before. Scarlet Witch has killed thousands. Black Panther has killed thousands. War Machine has killed, Beast has killed, Ms. Marvel has killed, Cap has killed...and Namor stabbed an unarmed foreign dignitary in the chest with a trident on panel. Valkyrie has killed while on active duty as an Avenger...and yet no one makes arguments that any of these characters should be kicked out or should have never been on the team. More than half the Avengers roster has blood on their hands...and many of them have killed while being on the active roster. Unless you guys are going to hold everyone to the same standards, just stop it. Wolverine hasn't killed a single sentient being while on mission with the Avengers outside of the Secret Invasion...and that was a war (Hand Ninjas are already dead). The only people he attempted to kill while on Avengers duty were two beings wielding dangerously unstable universe-changing power.
    As I've said a thousand times before, Wolverine's accomplishments as a hero outshine the vast majority of the Marvel Universe. His hero resume alone qualifies him for a team called "Earth's Mightiest Heroes"...and that has nothing to do with "Sales". Besides, once you have Ares, the God of War as an Avenger, every argument against Wolverine that you can possibly think of automatically goes out of the window.
    Good post.

Regarding the orignal question of the thread: I think we have to wait and see how Wolverine comes out of this event, 'cause I'm sure will see some changes still. Look at the AvX #4 solicit "Hope has a suicide mission to propose to Wolverine!" Hmm.