Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Agreed

also ares followed all the rules while serving with the MA as well.

God i miss ares

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    Please the X-Board blame everything on the Avengers. I bet you they'd probably blame the Legacy Virus on them too.
    Yea I really don't get them. It's like they literally think that they're mutants blaming everything on humanity and thinking they're superior. Every time I'm over there, I gotta resist going off on a tangent on them reminding them that the Avengers are just as much heroes as the X-Men and it's gotten worse with AvsX going on in which they're making death wishes on the Avengers simply because they're trying to save the world. You'd think they look at the Avenegrs and always see Osborn or something.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Most of them dont believe the shit they write they are pretty much a mini 4chan

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

You know, I was wondering why I was reminded of 4chan when I go there. I've just kinda given up on trying to talk about things from a logical standpoint and retreat to the other boards before long. I almost think a chair would be thrown at me for being a fan of both teams.

Worst part is, it's not even the event that did this, they've always been like this. The event just made them worse.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 05-10-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

So, Ares was terrible pick as well. I was never fan of him along with Wolverine on the team to begin with. Also its not a matter of how much they blood spilled its the characters traits and how they wouldn't fit with the team.
    Wolverine from when I grew up was someone who hated being on other teams except the X-men who he considers family.
    Ares is the god of war who's as reckless as they come. Who brings in on the team a guy with the title God Of War.
    Bad writing thats what. So you can bring up any reason why they would fit great with the Avengers but by the end there just completely different characters I can no longer recognize.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

The X-boards aren't that bad. Just a little, uh. Devoted. It does get a little tiring reading the Anti-avengers stuff, but they're just buying the product that Marvel is selling.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea I really don't get them. It's like they literally think that they're mutants blaming everything on humanity and thinking they're superior. Every time I'm over there, I gotta resist going off on a tangent on them reminding them that the Avengers are just as much heroes as the X-Men and it's gotten worse with AvsX going on in which they're making death wishes on the Avengers simply because they're trying to save the world. You'd think they look at the Avenegrs and always see Osborn or something.
    I checked over there a couple time and every time I go there I feel like I need to wash my hands of all the enormous amounts of hatred they have for non X-men characters. Its even worse now they've invaded the Avengers boards. Its one of the reasons why I think X-men should become separate from the whole of the Marvel U comics. There too much of an alternate universe to even remotely co-exist with the Marvel U.

Wolverine from when I grew up was someone who hated being on other teams except the X-men who he considers family.
    which is why he would only believably join the way he did

When logan joined he was still reeling from enemy of the state [best Wolverine run ever BTW] he had left the X-men and was in a self imposed Exile. he was offered membership as a way to redeem himself and make amends to the superhero community, additionally, the team he was offered membership to had a few friends of his on it which made his joining up easier for all parties

Ares is the god of war who's as reckless as they come. Who brings in on the team a guy with the title God Of War.
    the same people who bring in the God Of thunder as well as the Black widow.

Ares is reckless but he proved he was a team player in his first arc, The avengers have had guys like him on the team before, and it was better to have him where they could keep an eye on him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Ares is reckless but he proved he was a team player in his first arc, The avengers have had guys like him on the team before, and it was better to have him where they could keep an eye on him.
    Ares try to kill the team just because he wanted to kill his brother. Its not like Black Widow where she was brainwashed by her government. He acted on his own accord. Ares works best either in a Suicide Squad team of other villains or an anti hero group not a super hero team like the Avengers. Its the appeal of Ares he's anti hero who enjoys the blood lust, the body count and destruction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    The X-boards aren't that bad. Just a little, uh. Devoted. It does get a little tiring reading the Anti-avengers stuff, but they're just buying the product that Marvel is selling.
    And here is the reason why crappy comics sell.

Ares try to kill the team just because he wanted to kill his brother. Its not like Black Widow where she was brainwashed by her government.
    actually it was it was stated mars was in ascension so it cause him to become irrationality violent.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    as opposed to working construction/minding his own damn business? that's logical.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

I checked over there a couple time and every time I go there I feel like I need to wash my hands of all the enormous amounts of hatred they have for non X-men characters. Its even worse now they've invaded the Avengers boards. Its one of the reasons why I think X-men should become separate from the whole of the Marvel U comics. There too much of an alternate universe to even remotely co-exist with the Marvel U.
    I agree that on paper Ares was an odd choice to join the team. In all fairness though, I think he turned out OKAY. He's not going to win the Avenger of the Year award anytime soon... but I genuinely think Ares took the Avengers gig seriously and did his best to do the job. Even when he was with Osborn.

As for Logan... I never found him joining the Avenger as that unbelievable as some people have. And I do believe the New Avengers have sort of evolved into a family of sorts. In genuinely think in Logans free time he'd rather hang out with the New Avengers at this point than a lot of the X-Men. I'm not saying he's got more loyalty to the X-Men than Avengers, but I think he genuinely see's Cages crew as his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    as opposed to working construction/minding his own damn business? that's logical.
    that's fine until he decides he wants to go back to kicking ass. which even ares admitted would happen eventually

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Op is making it seem a lot more cold-blooded than it was. Falcon, She-hulk, and Moon Knight were sent to see if any more of Wolverine's staff were joining fight. Rogue tells them to keep 100 yards out, they agree. Frenzy later on decides to confront them and gives a hannibal lecture to Moon Knight over what a nutjob he is. He crosses the line she drew, she decks him.
    she told Moon Knight some unpleasant truths. Moon Knight entered into the fight willingly. and it was ridiculously stupid to send an unstable individual into an unstable situation. did you realize that Spector is an admitted sadist; that he fights to maim others? why would you send him to a school? Rogers wouldn't even let him take part in Civil War because of his mental health issues.

She-hulk was not pleased and throws down on Frenzy (Remember Frenzy *picked* the fight), Helion and Glob Herman rush into the middle of things, Glob (while on fire) screams: Mutant power! in She hulk's face, she gives a thunderclap and knocks out Hellion and Glob. It was self-defense. As always, Glob and Hellion are morons.
    they are children.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time