Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Is there a "secret" Fantastic Four? (ULTIMATES #10 SPOILERS)

SPOILERS FOR ULTIMATES #10...BE WARNED

Okay, with the spoiler warning out of the way, let's get on with it...

Sue was seen today in Ultimates #10 wearing her Fantastic Four uniform. But that makes no sense - the Fantastic Four are broken up! There's only three explanations:

1) The artist made an error.

BORING

2) Sue hasn't changed since Ultimatum.

GROSS

3) Sue reformed the Fantastic Four after Ultimate Doom.

AWESOME!

Think about it - the Baxter Building is being rebuilt. Several characters that were integral to the plot of Bendis's Doomsday trilogy have not been seen since that book ended. We've been speculating for a year now that Sue, Ben, Nova, and Mahr Vehl may one day form a new Fantastic Four. But what if they already did?!

I really hope this happens and a new FF book spins out of Divided We Fall. The team would be perfect. Brian Wood said there's a reason that Johnny isn't pictured in the character designs for his X-Men run, so maybe that has something to do with this (a connection that has already got several of us speculating). Though, to be honest, I'd rather Johnny remain on the X-Men, where I believe he is a better fit, and the aforementioned group (aFOURmentioned...HA!) keep operating as a secret Fantastic Four team.

But first, they have to kick Reed's ass.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

4) New comic readers would need to know who she was and what better way than the iconic "4"?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    4) New comic readers would need to know who she was and what better way than the iconic "4"?
    Right. The Baxter Building, having Tony call her Sue and Invisible Woman, and implying a relationship with Reed wasn't enough. Without that continuity error, there's no way they would have understood the story.

There probably is something to be said about character recognition here.

I'd love the FF to be back though. As you said, leave Johnny with Iceman and Kitty, he belongs there. I'd really like to see Jessica end up with the FF also, but maybe she's doomed to stay on background Ultimates duty...
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

Didn't in the Ultimate Doomsday Trilogy she wear her F4 uniform as well? I mean those uniforms are specifically created for their unique powersets/biology. Also as for the reason to stay in the Baxter Building?, she was doing research and stuff there before the Doomsdays attack.

Maybe the uniform is just really comfy, why doesn't anybody ever think of comfort?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post
    Didn't in the Ultimate Doomsday Trilogy she wear her F4 uniform as well? I mean those uniforms are specifically created for their unique powersets/biology. Also as for the reason to stay in the Baxter Building?, she was doing research and stuff there before the Doomsdays attack.
    Was just coming in to say this lol

going with #2 the uniforms are very strong

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post
    Was just coming in to say this lol
    Sue didn't put the uniform on until Ultimate Mystery, when She, Ben, and Johnny were made agents of SHIELD by Danvers and Fury. She went to work at the Baxter Building wearing street clothes. They put on their uniforms because they were going into battle. In Ultimates #10, Sue is not planning on fighting anything. Fittingly enough, Enemy #1 has the same markers for identity that Ultimates #10 does - "Sue" (well, "Susie"), "Invisible Woman," and the Baxter Building. Ben does eventually say "Fantastic Four," but that's a long ways into the scene.

Sure, she could be using the Fantastic Four outfit as a lab coat, putting it on every time she does science, in remembrance of the old days. But I think it would be kind of daily wear that connection to Reed while engaged to Ben unless you were actually putting the outfit to work. Also, she's a research scientist; why does she need an outfit like that to do her work?

More than likely, it's just an art error, like Johnny and Reed wearing them in Ultimate Avengers #1. But there's no harm in hoping for more. And there's plenty of logic behind the theory.

I'd love it if the FF were actually around, but not so much a Secret FF, but rather we (the reader) just didn't know. However, I'll remind you that the Fantastic Four were already broken up for about 8 months by the time Reed's first attack occurred and not only was Sue and Johnny still wearing their FF uniforms at that point, they also made Ben one for his new form. I don't think it's artist error at all, but rather the fact that it's just something they wear. Forgive me if I'm just assuming it's the same as the movies, but don't their costumes cater to their particular powers? As in they pretty much NEED to wear them?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I wouldn't mind a revamped FF but they should be called something else since I would like too see at least 5 members

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I'd love it if the FF were actually around, but not so much a Secret FF, but rather we (the reader) just didn't know.
    That's more what I meant by secret, not necessarily a shadow-ops kind of thing. Possibly secret from the public, like they were for so long in the original run.

Forgive me if I'm just assuming it's the same as the movies, but don't their costumes cater to their particular powers? As in they pretty much NEED to wear them?
    Yes and no. They are made to react to each person's power set, but they are by no means necessary. Johnny doesn't wear it in UXM and he didn't during his time at Aunt May's. Sue has also been seen (rather, not seen) wearing civvies while invisible.

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

The way I see it, the FF is coming back in some form, but the team hasn't gone public yet. Sort of like how The Ultimates were a secret up until they saved New York from the Hulk. I don't know if they're getting a new comic, but the team is definitely returning in the Ultimate-verse.

BANNED

Tony may have told Sue to suit up. She's gona have to be using her powers when they break into the City.

It's her super suit. Why bother making a new one just because the 4 have split? Plus maybe she just likes the suit, it reminds her of a simpler time.