Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    It's just a cover, everyone needs to chill lol
    I agree. Is everyone really going to freak out now whenever we see Miles' life in immediate danger? Wow. Looks like Bendis actually made the right move by killing Peter. Now everyone's gona keep thinking 'Oh no, Miles is in trouble!' every time we see him lying down or bleeding or getting shot or whatever. Lol.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I agree. Is everyone really going to freak out now whenever we see Miles' life in immediate danger? Wow. Looks like Bendis actually made the right move by killing Peter. Now everyone's gona keep thinking 'Oh no, Miles is in trouble!' every time we see him lying down or bleeding or getting shot or whatever. Lol.
    Coincidence?

That's a beautiful cover!
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Coincidence?
    No not a coincidence. Just Marvel trying to f*** with us. And I think it's an excellent marketing strategy as well as an excellent tease. Something that will create a lot of questions. And something they can do time and time again. Bendis has an excellent marketing strategy in his hands.

Just watch, Bendis is gona be pulling this one out on us A LOT over the next few years or so. And so many people are gona fall for it every time.

Bendis, you sneaky little bastard. I know what you're up to.

EDIT - Plawsky I re-edited 'that' swear word with stars because I didn't like mess. I hope that's OK. If not could you change it to screw then please. Thanks.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 05-09-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Language

Marvel would never kill Miles Morales a year into his debut. That would be one of the absolute worst business decisions ever made.

The cover looks pretty cool though. =p
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Dude was banned last time I checked.

Wolverine just got killed and 0% of his DNA remains "IT MEANS HE'S COMING BACK!"
    I was never banned. I just no longer care. Stopped reading comics and concentrating in my work.

The Avengers is brilliant though.

I hope you're enjoying this.

Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    I was never banned. I just no longer care. Stopped reading comics and concentrating in my work.

The Avengers is brilliant though.

I hope you're enjoying this.

Night.
    No wait, stop! You'll miss Ultimate Peter Parker's return!!! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Oh Fuck. Do not tell me Miles is going to die and 616 Peter is stuck in the UU. No. Just No.
    A lot of people were speculating that would be the case over on the Spider-man forum. That 616 Spider-man basically needs a fresh start and moving him to a different universe to face new challenges and villains would do that. After a while in 1610, he'd move back to 616 and start up against his old enemies again. Kind of like, you don't miss it till its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    I was never banned.
    Yes, you have been. Twice.
    I just no longer care.
    Well atleast you cared enough to share this.

Stopped reading comics and concentrating in my work.
    Haha so wait, all that talk about Dan Slott blowing Bendis otu of the water and how much you we're enjoying other comics, all that was irrelevant and you just lost total interest when you learned about Spider-Men?

Night.
    Good night, sweet prince.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

'This story will have ramifications.'

Hmm, seems kind of familiar...

'Things will never be the same!'
    'Everything changes!'

Oh, yeah, there it is.

I'm sorry, but Alonso is in full-on salesman mode whenever he gives an interview, and saying that a story will have ramifications is the same old tactic that Marvel salesmen have always used to try and hook in readers. Then Newsarama uses it as the article title to draw in the same readers who would be drawn to the book by said sales pitch? Ughh. I just don't think it's newsworthy. Sure, they need to draw attention to their interview, but the best thing they could come up with is the same old pitch that every Marvel editor has been using for decades?

I'm already interested in Spider-Men, don't get me wrong, I will buy it and read it. But these ramifications could be anything. If Miles learns a lesson about responsibility and heroism, then takes it back home with him, that's a ramification. You'd have Alonso (and probably Wacker) arguing that Miles learning that lesson was important, and that lesson will be subtley reflected in his character from now on, and that lesson was what Alonso was hinting at in that interview all along, etc. All I'm saying, is that these ramifications may be much less impressive than you all may expect, and that the Marvel editors will spin it to reflect favorably upon them after they've already convinced you to purchase their book.

Edit: And Zauri was totally banned.

Anyone notice that Alonso changed his fucking story?

Originally, it was the editors who came up with the crossover idea before pitching it to Bendis, while in this interview he states Bendis came up with the idea first.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Good night, sweet prince.
    i almost died laughin at this

The only ramification this story will have is that Peter will probably give Miles a pair of Web Shooters.

Well, that or Peter will get Gwen pregnant and she'll eventually have his child; Ben Stacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    The only ramification this story will have is that Peter will probably give Miles a pair of Web Shooters.

Yeah, I was thinking that.

Still, The kid needs a pair, he can't go around jumping to rooftop to rooftop and he pretty much treated as a cute kid anyway! For pete's sake:

That's Fury HOLDING MILES HAND.

That's just wrong. He needs those web shooter so people can finally say, "I guess you really ARE Spider-man," Oh man, I can hear Peter!616: You're just a kid.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    No not a coincidence. Just Marvel trying to f*** with us. And I think it's an excellent marketing strategy as well as an excellent tease. Something that will create a lot of questions. And something they can do time and time again. Bendis has an excellent marketing strategy in his hands.

Just watch, Bendis is gona be pulling this one out on us A LOT over the next few years or so. And so many people are gona fall for it every time.

Bendis, you sneaky little bastard. I know what you're up to.

EDIT - Plawsky I re-edited 'that' swear word with stars because I didn't like mess. I hope that's OK. If not could you change it to screw then please. Thanks.
    How long until Bendis starts up with doing what 616 Spider-Man writers have been doing with Ben Reilly and tease Peter's return, even going as far as to drop hints that it could happen only for it to turn into exactly that, a tease. Hmm has Peter become the new Ben Reilly?
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.