Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    san francisco - the free range twink farm

Pixie would have been perfect for a vital cast shakeup, but Wood got to her first. Too bad for X-Force, great for "X-Men".

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Yeah, I am thinking a cast shake is necessary at his point. The only people I suspect will probably still be around if Remender remains on the book will be Fantomex, AoA Nightcrawler and Deadpool.

Deadpool because unless Marvel is going for a complete shake up of the status quo, his popularity will not allow him to stay dead.

AoA Nightcrawler because he is too new to kill at this point.

Fantomex because more so then Wolverine, he has been at the center of the plot since after the first arc and is tied to the overall "Descendants" arc that Remender started building here and has since spread to Secret Avengers.
    Hmm...then who do you think is going to die, Wellman? I don't think it's going to be Psylocke, as she's also appearing in X-men as a regular cast member. So unless her stint as regular cast member in Wood's adjectiveless book is one of the shortest in history, my money is on either Fanto or Wade and then some secondary cast member (e.g., Deathlok, E.V.A., Ultimaton) as the two deaths. At this stage I could see Logan exiting the book, but I hope he doesn't.

Going off the fact Remender stood by one character dying for a while, then changing it to two at a con interview, my money is on Fantomex/EVA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Pixie would have been perfect for a vital cast shakeup, but Wood got to her first. Too bad for X-Force, great for "X-Men".
    Would she have slept with half the cast too ? Nightmare strikes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Oh boy. I appreciate your dedication to your favorite, but Pixie joining X-Force would be like a Lars von Trier movie staring Miley Cyrus.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Oh boy. I appreciate your dedication to your favorite, but Pixie joining X-Force would be like a Lars von Trier movie staring Miley Cyrus.
    I fail to see a downside in your example.

BANNED

Frenzy or Sebastian Shaw. With Shaw's inevitable betrayal becoming a recurring subplot.

I like the idea of Pixie in UXF. Not sure how she'd fit the mood of the book though.

I'd like:
    Wolverine
    Psylocke
    Marrow
    Nightcrawler
    Genesis

With an eventual arc with Secret Avengers trying to eliminate "Apocalypse". The irony of course being the role reversal of UXF this time around. Apocalypse Solution part deux!

I want a major shake up:

- Cable
    - Deadpool
    - AoA Nightcrawler
    - Domino
    - Genesis

Fantomex and Deathlok are the deaths, Psylocke and Wolverine leave the team and "disband" it. But much like Wolverine kept it going at the end of Second Coming, Deadpool and AoA Crawler just recruit some more killers to the cause and off we go again. I actually wouldn't mind Wolverine sticking around and co-leading with Cable, but something tells me that the major changes that Remender has in store for the character involve him swearing off killing as a first resort (i.e., unless it's absolutely necessary) along with Psylocke. All the blood on their hands has finally caught up with them and taken its toll and all that jazz...

And it would be pretty cool if Cable had Genesis on the team, if for no other reason than he's started to show violent tendencies and Nathan wants to keep a close eye on him in case he has to end his life.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-11-2012 at 12:24 PM.

When Fantomex dies (assuming he does) it will represent a severing of Genesis' ties to his 'family of origin' back in Kansas, as well as an increased likelihood of his ending up a villain rather than a hero. I could see Cable stepping in to fill the void of ol' Uncle Cluster and doing what he can to assure Even doesn't become Apocalypse. I don't know what the effect of removing Wolverine would have on UXF sales-wise, but if he goes Cable would be the obvious replacement.

Yeah, I'd love to see Wolverine stick around because he and Cable butting heads would be great IMO. And regardless of what happens with the cast, Jerome Opena needs to come back soon.

Wolverine isn't that much of a factor in sells. Top selling book (event not-withstanding) is one he isn't featured in (Uncanny X-Men). Logan isn't that essential to the plot so I hope he leaves. Let some other character benefits from the Remender magic.

Seems almost to me that Wolverine was going even darker in the last issue, which goes along with the stuff in the other titles (getting booted from the Avengers air boat, going feral on Hope, etc).
    I see Betsy doing the opposite of whatever Wolverine does, character progression-wise. In other words, if he goes no-kill, Betsy will go evil, and vice versa.

BANNED

Of course the Psylocke/Fantomex tryst was unfulfilling. She's dead inside and Fantomex's nervouse system is a spaceship. If Betsy wanted her world rocked she would've fucked EVA.

Betsy getting it on with E.V.A. would've been hot...I think.