Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

holy shit some one thinks Mark Brooks art is bad
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Brooks isn't bad, but he was a complete mismatch imo and his run was the series lowpoint.

Otherworld >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AOA
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

And you cut out most of that AoA stuff and not miss a beat for the DAS.

I enjoyed this issue, not as much as last issue though, but I think this arc is gonna be a good one

Found the Wolverine story quite boring to be honest...but the Deadpool one was my favourite read this week! I actually loved it! haha

And is it bad that I miss Tocchini's art?...
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    holy shit some one thinks Mark Brooks art is bad
    eh, not a fan.

I thought Otherworld was good enough, but this latest issue is more in-line with the flavor of Uncanny X-Force that I've come to love. This arc is supposed to be nine issues long? damn. Strapped in for the long haul.

As for the Deadpool mini-story at the end. I read that between shifts at an fastfood Indian spot... not a good idea.

First off, this is a great jumping-on point for non-Uncanny X-Force readers. Writer Rick Remender lays out the status of each character and their befuddled angst. We also get an interesting take on digital Assassin shopping, complete with Omega Red DNA! Since it is a good jumping-on point not a lot progresses in the story though.

I reviewed this book with pictures at the link in my signature as well, but I mean...the psyches of all the characters is very clearly done, and writer Rick Remender should be commended. It’s a tough balancing act with these team books, and he’s consistently done a good job keeping things clear and in order.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Seems like the x-school field trip to Genosha might be where the new brotherhood of evil mutants are located? Or how about since the solicitation for the next issue reveals Psylocke was going to school and the Psylocke that visited was Mystique?

Two things, McKone's art was fine (I enjoyed it, and laughed at Betsy's baggy-ass Gap pants), and the White Sky Showroom with the Secretary Assassins needs to be fleshed out more

I wouldn't mind seeing some new characters join X-Force. Could be kind of cool if they ended up de-programming one of the Omega Gang and had him/her join up to replace Psylocke and Fanto. I know those two will be back at some point during this arc, but if they end up leaving after the arc is over of if one of them is dead or something.

I'm also starting to think that the character dying could actually be Deadpool since he's sans healing factor now. Remender did say that he was shocked that editorial allowed him to get away with it, and killing Wade would definitely fit the bill...

Wolverine giving Fantomex shit for leaving because of that loopy dame was also one of the few Wolverine scenes i've enjoyed in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Wolverine giving Fantomex shit for leaving because of that loopy dame was also one of the few Wolverine scenes i've enjoyed in the past few years.
    I know, rite ?

I can't take seriously any of Psylocke "love stories".

Yeah, that was a good scene.

"This one night stand was a test..."

lol @ futilely exerting whatever miniscule control can be applied to the situation, than skirting on by in Gap baggies and messenger bag like a carefree college coed. gtfo.

Yeah, I am thinking a cast shake is necessary at his point. The only people I suspect will probably still be around if Remender remains on the book will be Fantomex, AoA Nightcrawler and Deadpool.

Deadpool because unless Marvel is going for a complete shake up of the status quo, his popularity will not allow him to stay dead.

AoA Nightcrawler because he is too new to kill at this point.

Fantomex because more so then Wolverine, he has been at the center of the plot since after the first arc and is tied to the overall "Descendants" arc that Remender started building here and has since spread to Secret Avengers.