Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just not Seth Rogen . . . he already destroyed Green Hornet.
    Oh, that was really really bad.

No, sure the classic Batman of 1989 is one of my favorite movies, and it's my favorite comic book movie to date, but he shouldn't work on any comic book character and stick to his fairy tales or stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just not Seth Rogen . . . he already destroyed Green Hornet.
    Green Hornet is the one character I never cared about in that movie, had to watch the old show to get the good version of the character
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by medioCORE View Post
    I should hope not, because all it would be is a confusing, muddled mess starring Johnny Depp in weird makeup and acting like every character he's playing in the past ten years, and Burton would make it quirky and grim for the sake of being quirky and grim. Just the thought is making me want to dip my brain in a bucket of bleach.

Spoiler alert: As much as I like Batman '89 and Returns, I loathe the Tim Burton of today and want him to go away forever.
    I agree totally. I also hate how he remakes something and changes characters' personality and back stories just to be different and shocking. He kind of fits in with the new DC though. LOL. When they make Batman movies after Nolan, I hope they continue the story, rather than starting over from the beginning again like Marvel is doing with Spider-man.

Tim Burton's Batman movies are so overrated it's incredible. Specifically Batman Returns just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate10 View Post
    Tim Burton's Batman movies are so overrated it's incredible. Specifically Batman Returns just my opinion of course.
    Returns is overrated mess, the first is underrated
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

what about Ben Affleck he is good in Directing criminals with personality and knows how to Make the city a character like what he did with Boston in his two movies

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate10 View Post
    I agree COMPLETELY.

No. Not ever. Thanks.

BTW, Gene Wilder is Willy Wonka. That is all.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

lol wow, some people are dissing the Burton movies . Without the Burton films, there would be no Batman: the animated series. That cartoon borrowed a lot of stuff from the first 2 films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fanofthegoblins View Post
    lol wow, some people are dissing the Burton movies . Without the Burton films, there would be no Batman: the animated series. That cartoon borrowed a lot of stuff from the first 2 films.
    But that doesn't change that Burton's films were crap. If we had gotten better Batman films in place, we would still have TAS and TAS borrowing elements from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanofthegoblins View Post
    Ok, so what are the good things that B:TAS took from the Burton movies? Certainly not the Devito-esque version of the Penguin or the Blond Selina Kyle. I will concede that the animated Jack Napier Joker is great, and even better than the movie counterpart (IMO). So that and maybe a theme song by Danny Elfman?

BANNED

With the same logic, Green Lantern TAS wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for last summer's movie. True, but doesn't make the movie any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Ok, so what are the good things that B:TAS took from the Burton movies? Certainly not the Devito-esque version of the Penguin or the Blond Selina Kyle. I will concede that the animated Jack Napier Joker is great, and even better than the movie counterpart (IMO). So that and maybe a theme song by Danny Elfman?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	selina-kyle-catwoman-batman-the-animated-series.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	93111

2 Things from your post:

Is it really that big of a deal to you that Catwoman is blonde? Enough to compare it with Burton's Penguin?

The reason why people say that is not because they took from the movies. Is because thank to those movies - like them or not- people took Batman seriously enough to not only allow, but create interest in a Batman Cartoon that didn't involve a Batmite and a crossover with Scooby Doo.

And Yeah, I know now there is a wave of nostalgia for that era. But back then people were sick of it, specially comic book fans, and that's the only thing a producer was going to give to a cartoon.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    With the same logic, Green Lantern TAS wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for last summer's movie. True, but doesn't make the movie any better.
    True, but regardless of how well it aged, it's positive impact and legacy can't and shouldn't be denied.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	selina-kyle-catwoman-batman-the-animated-series.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	93111

2 Things from your post:

Is it really that big of a deal to you that Catwoman is blonde? Enough to compare it with Burton's Penguin?
    It wasn't really a complaint, as much as a statement: B:TAS Selina Kyle was Blond because Burton's Selina Kyle was blond. I wouldn't say it was a good or bad change. I personally don't care for it, but I generally don't care for blondes, so there's that. I was just trying to see what were the good things that were taken from Burton's films and applied to B:TAS. I guess another one could the the Batmobile; while being blockier and more angular, it's pretty clear that the B:TAS Batmobile was inspired by the '89 movie.

The reason why people say that is not because they took from the movies. Is because thank to those movies - like them or not- people took Batman seriously enough to not only allow, but create interest in a Batman Cartoon that didn't involve a Batmite and a crossover with Scooby Doo.

And Yeah, I know now there is a wave of nostalgia for that era. But back then people were sick of it, specially comic book fans, and that's the only thing a producer was going to give to a cartoon.
    I loved BATMAN when I saw it in '89, but I was also 10 years old. And yeah, I'm sure the success of both Burton movies is why we got the B:TAS when we did, but for me, looking back, the Burton movies got just as much wrong as they did right.