Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    True, but regardless of how well it aged, it's positive impact and legacy can't and shouldn't be denied.
    Yeah I'm glad obviously that the Burton movies allowed for a serious Batman to become mainstream. But in retrospect, I don't find them to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanofthegoblins View Post
    lol wow, some people are dissing the Burton movies . Without the Burton films, there would be no Batman: the animated series. That cartoon borrowed a lot of stuff from the first 2 films.
    Hey, I liked the first one. It wasn't exactly the comic book, but it was still entertaining . . . sort of like watching the first Superman movie with Reeve.

The second of Burton's Batman movies was too over-the-top with the DeVito Penguin, and it felt like he overshadowed the main, title character. Not at all enjoyable, and I haven't seen any Batman movies since then.

I love Burton's 1st Batman movie since I was seven and first saw it. But I did not like Returns when I saw it at ten. Now I like it as an adult. If Returns was never made it could be possiable. No chance WB would sign off on him returning. I would love to see Burton reunite with Keaton one last time.

I shudder at the thought of the current Burton touching Batman. Although seeing Johnny Depp as a villain perhaps might have been nice, while on the other hand seeing Helena Bonham Carter wouldn't have (I've only ever liked her in the King's Speech).