Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Avenging Spider-Man #7 *SPOILERS*

Well this issue is a lot of fun. She-Hulk and Spidey take on some kind of slug, then head on over to an Egyptian exhibit at a museum. Some dudes in cloaks, we never find out who they are, try to take a cat totem. It makes She-Hulk have a cat tail. Then cats start raining from the sky. A cat Egyptian God attempts to kill She-Hulk, but is fooled by Spidey wearing a Minotaur head. Ooooookay. I reviewed it with a bunch of pictures; link in my signature.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Why I love Spider-Man.

In on of his books he is saving the world from the sinister six, in the other he is stopping a Cat god by wearing a cow mask.

Same universe, same character; two stories that couldn't be further away in tone.
    "Dan Slott was also unbelievably helpful during this period as he helped me formulate some of the ideas that eventually be used in "OMIT." Dan is a champ and an idea machine" - Joey Q

BANNED

I like this issue. I really thought it was a lot of fun.

I think I missed the joke near the end of what got She-Hulk so extremely mad. Was it because her tail was gone?

YOU HEAR THAT WACKER?! I liked this issue! Now stop hating me!
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 05-09-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Did you read the stuff at the end where it said Wacker was afraid of cats?
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Lovin that Psylocke Spiderman 1's Avatar

I've never read anything with SHe-Hulk and Spidey before, but is she always such a jerk to him?

I liked the book by the way!

I was also confused by She-Hulk being mad. I guess...Spidey stole her tail?
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman 1 View Post
    I've never read anything with SHe-Hulk and Spidey before, but is she always such a jerk to him?

Yes, she always bickered with him, and never suported him being invited to avengers.

Of all the AvSM issues thus far, this one felt the most like a classic MTU issue. I thought it was OK overall. It had some fun moments, but was somewhat dumb too. I did LOL at the "WTF is this?" scene.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

This was the best issue of AVENGING so far. Just a fun team-up with great interactions between Spidey and She-Hulk and beautiful artwork. I almost dropped this book after the initial storyline but I'm glad I stuck with it as it's been getting better with each issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This was the best issue of AVENGING so far. Just a fun team-up with great interactions between Spidey and She-Hulk and beautiful artwork. I almost dropped this book after the initial storyline but I'm glad I stuck with it as it's been getting better with each issue.
    I don't know. I really enjoyed the Joe Mad issues. The art was awesome and the story was very bubbly.

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    Yes, she always bickered with him, and never supported him being invited to avengers.
    I think that she bickers at him because of his wisecracks, which prevented a mutual relationship from forming between them. Otherwise, if she got to know Peter Parker out of costume, they could actually become very close friends in the same way as Ms. Marvel has with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that she bickers at him because of his wisecracks, which prevented a mutual relationship from forming between them. Otherwise, if she got to know Peter Parker out of costume, they could actually become very close friends in the same way as Ms. Marvel has with him.
    I think that's true of almost every hero and Spider-man. His hero persona keeps him on tense terms with most other heroes. That said I think his relationship with She-Hulk here was shown to have a touch of playful ribbing.

Found this issue to be amusing and a good example of a fun one-shot/team-up/spider-man story.

Can't wait for the Captain Marvel team-up, love seeing how those two interact.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Did you read the stuff at the end where it said Wacker was afraid of cats?
    That and the "previously" page at the beginning...Having "Kitty Cats" as one of the character's bio made this issue for me

Oh and the part where the bad guys said "Don't come any closer" and spidey swings in saying "Is this too close? I bet I'm too close."

All around just a fun great issue.
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman 1 View Post

Yeah I didn't get that either.

Here is a weird panel I found on the interwebs while trying to find out...Please someone tell me the context of this panel...

The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

The context is that it's an edited panel.

Anyway, I'll be in the minority that didn't really care for this issue one way or the other. "Avenging" is starting to lose me.