Fantacrap=Fantasy + Crap zipppoww's Avatar

Default What's up with Chamber?

Can someone tell me when and how Chamber got his powers back? I thought he had a gaping hole in him again and was being treated by Kativa? I know previously he was shown to be a descendant of Apocalypse and had a new look. But I know he reverted post Age of X. When did he re-power?

I know he's there to play up the Apocalypse connection (also he looks cool), but I think it was an oversight. Thoughts?

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zipppoww View Post
    Can someone tell me when and how Chamber got his powers back? I thought he had a gaping hole in him again and was being treated by Kativa? I know previously he was shown to be a descendant of Apocalypse and had a new look. But I know he reverted post Age of X. When did he re-power?

I know he's there to play up the Apocalypse connection (also he looks cool), but I think it was an oversight. Thoughts?
    He got the Apocalypse ties, and his face back in New Excalibur #9.

He turned up with his sonic powers in New Warriors (vol. 1) #4.

Past that, once reality reset after Age of X, as you stated, he was restored completely to his original power set, with his X-Gene. Legion trumps Wanda Maximoff, apparently.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Fantacrap=Fantasy + Crap zipppoww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Legion trumps Wanda Maximoff, apparently.
    First of all thanks for the update. I was with you up until Age of X, because that confused the hell out of me (I didn't get that Legion trumps Wanda). But if Legion can restore mutants, why haven't they pushed him to be the new "hope"?

That is so odd of a shift... did Age of X change anyone else? Is there a dead person who now lives because of this?

That is so odd of a shift... did Age of X change anyone else? Is there a dead person who now lives because of this?
    Everyone had their memories from AOX, but most elected to have them wiped. Frenzy and Rogue being notable exceptions.

Chamber, Hellion and Rachel retained their AOX forms too for some reason. Rachel's was just an astral projection though.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

First of all thanks for the update. I was with you up until Age of X, because that confused the hell out of me (I didn't get that Legion trumps Wanda). But if Legion can restore mutants, why haven't they pushed him to be the new "hope"?

So far, nope, just Chamber (who Mike Carey had a soft spot for). No dead characters came back, and no one else has been shown to have been repowered as a result (although I hold out hope for Marrow).

As far as why they don't push him to restore their race... Moira (X) was the one with the personality that could warp reality, apparently. Putting Moira (X) in charge again, given its last intent was to try and kill all the ungrateful mutants and David for not liking the world it created... maybe that's not the best idea as a plan to try and repeat. Could result in all of reality being unwritten.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Everyone had their memories from AOX, but most elected to have them wiped. Frenzy and Rogue being notable exceptions.

Chamber, Hellion and Rachel retained their AOX forms too for some reason. Rachel's was just an astral projection though.
    It's arguable that because of her time as Revenant, too, that Rachel's Phoenix Shard may've been restored. Since she had the Phoenix on the Astral Plane against Exodus.

Age of X restored him to his original look/powers. Also Im pretty sure with that, he's been severed of any connection to Apocalypse. Also he's apparently forgotten that he used to know Husk.

Before having her mind wiped, Pixie claimed she could still 'feel' Nightmare inside her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerukun878 View Post
    It's arguable that because of her time as Revenant, too, that Rachel's Phoenix Shard may've been restored. Since she had the Phoenix on the Astral Plane against Exodus.
    I think that was all supposed to be mental images for them, not the actual Phoenix Force. I haven't got the impression Rachel considers she still has a part of it so far.