View Poll Results: What should Damian's fate be after Morrison?

Voters
97. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Kill him off; nobody else can write him properly

11 11.34%
  • Let him live; he’s a great addition to the Batman family

50 51.55%
  • Let him switch to being Nightwing’s sidekick

14 14.43%
  • Change his code name to something more appropriate

0 0%
  • Have him replace (or kill off) Jason Todd and take over the Outlaws

1 1.03%
  • Give him a sex change and have him be the new Batgirl

4 4.12%
  • Have his brain / thought patterns transplanted into Titus (his dog)

3 3.09%
  • Have him and Bruce change bodies, so he takes control of Wayne Industries

0 0%
  • Have him dispatched into the past, possibly eventually returning to the present

0 0%
  • * Let him just disappear until Morrison eventually comes back to the Bat-books

5 5.15%
  • I don’t care

5 5.15%
  • Other (please explain)

4 4.12%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Combination of your two options; I think he should be left alive, I think he should be left Robin, and I think he should be paired with Dick Grayson again, because the chemistry there was MUCH stronger.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I think it would be really interesting that after growing up being Robin and always believing because he is Batman's son, that he would one day take over being Batman. And now Damian realizes he doesn't want to be Batman at all. Then he would have to go through this whole 'who am I?' and get a new identity that way. I also think it would be interesting to see Bruce's reaction that his own son doesn't want to take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by starsonfire View Post
    I think it would be really interesting that after growing up being Robin and always believing because he is Batman's son, that he would one day take over being Batman. And now Damian realizes he doesn't want to be Batman at all. Then he would have to go through this whole 'who am I?' and get a new identity that way. I also think it would be interesting to see Bruce's reaction that his own son doesn't want to take his place.
    Actually, I don't think Bruce would want anyone else to take over as Batman when he's done.

The role as a fighter of crime / protector of the innocent, yeah. But not as Batman II. He originally said he didn't want a replacement before the events of R.I.P., and Dick only assumed the mantle reluctantly (when you had Jason and Tim fighting for it). Bruce did later acknowledge that it made sense for Dick to do what he did, but I'm not sure he'd want to put that same burden on Damian (at least, not yet).

Can't really kill Damian after only 9 issues of Batman and Robin... that's stupid. Wait until the book breaks 100 or something. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez12 View Post
    Can't really kill Damian after only 9 issues of Batman and Robin... that's stupid. Wait until the book breaks 100 or something. Geez.
    You do realize he's been around for a few years already, don't you?

Have you read the tpb Batman and Son, which reprinted Batman stories from late 2006?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You do realize he's been around for a few years already, don't you?

Have you read the tpb Batman and Son, which reprinted Batman stories from late 2006?

Yes but the title was just renumbered as we all know and I think it's a good point. The title sells well, and people like Damian so its a safe bet he's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yes but the title was just renumbered as we all know and I think it's a good point. The title sells well, and people like Damian so its a safe bet he's not going anywhere.
    But, remember, the title is "Batman and Robin", not "Bruce and Damian".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, remember, the title is "Batman and Robin", not "Bruce and Damian".
    true but unless they bring back Steph as Robin... it's too soon for yet ANOTHER Robin... also... I don't know. If anything ever happens to Batman's SON... I do think he'll close down Robin school for future members...

How long (real world time) was Dick Batman and Damian Robin? If Batman and Son was in 2006.... what was Damian doing in the comics before he became Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    But that title also has the lowest sell among four Bruce titles...
    Is it suggest that more people do not like Damian?

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxandwall View Post
    More like a lot of people seem to dislike the concept of Robin, and the other Batbooks has better artists or writers. And the main book has both. Outsold X Men for a while, anyway.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by foxandwall View Post
    Is it Damian or the writing?

I would originally be good with 'change his name and he moves off on his own, under some other tutor'; perhaps Lady Shiva or Richard Dragon. The idea of Nightwing's sidekick would be pretty cool, too.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

He should come back one day. Don't let Tim's plague upon the Batfamily return.

And look, Steph Brown is back, who doesn't want to see those two react?
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

Keep him dead, that brat has no morals and is a blight upon the Bat Family. Tim was always right about him.

Stephanie doesn't need to be plagued by that 11 year old lightweight who made it his mission to try and constantly put her down or make her feel bad.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Keep him dead, that brat has no morals and is a blight upon the Bat Family. Tim was always right about him.
    No morals? Did you read Batman and Robin by Morrison? He evolved from a spoiled psycho to a full on superhero dedicated to Batman's war on crime. He was like Cass, but with much more personality and dimension. He may have killed, but it's not his fault he was the only Batfamily member with some bloody balls.

Tim is the real psycho. He allowed his parents, Steph and Kon to all get killed so he could become a full Batman wannabe. Not the official explanation behind those events, but you can totally read it like that (it's the only way to give Tim an actual personality).

Stephanie doesn't need to be plagued by that 11 year old lightweight who made it his mission to try and constantly put her down or make her feel bad.
    The two had sibling banter. His insults where never meant to bring her down and they didn't bother her.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...