View Poll Results: What should Damian's fate be after Morrison?

Voters
97. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Kill him off; nobody else can write him properly

11 11.34%
  • Let him live; he’s a great addition to the Batman family

50 51.55%
  • Let him switch to being Nightwing’s sidekick

14 14.43%
  • Change his code name to something more appropriate

0 0%
  • Have him replace (or kill off) Jason Todd and take over the Outlaws

1 1.03%
  • Give him a sex change and have him be the new Batgirl

4 4.12%
  • Have his brain / thought patterns transplanted into Titus (his dog)

3 3.09%
  • Have him and Bruce change bodies, so he takes control of Wayne Industries

0 0%
  • Have him dispatched into the past, possibly eventually returning to the present

0 0%
  • * Let him just disappear until Morrison eventually comes back to the Bat-books

5 5.15%
  • I don’t care

5 5.15%
  • Other (please explain)

4 4.12%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Some of the things he first did, like dispatching/beheading the Spook, soundly thrashing and injuring Tim in the Batcave, and a few other pre-Tomasi incidents could be seen as being somewhat "psychotic" . . . just because he was raised differently and really didn't understand they were not proper actions doesn't mean we just laugh them off and dismiss them as "innocent, childish mistakes".
    Of course not. But he was taught that killing is fine. And with Tim he applied the League's system where you had to kill your predecessor and take his place.

But it isnt that he has a mental disorder, it's that he was raised as ninja and he never had a proper childhood. I mean that's an issue in itself, sure, but he is no Jim Gordon Jr. I really hated how he killed those animals in B&R. I could understand his anger, but not that. I dunno, in Streets Dini had him show empathy towards children victims and i prefer that over Tomasi's Damian.

Dini and BQM's Damian > Tomasi's

In good hands Damian is a fantastic character. It would be a waste to kill him or turn him into a villain. And we really don't need another (most likely male and white) new Robin.

I voted other. I'd like to see Damian stay as Robin but I would like someone else to be writing him. Damian is a great character and different from the other Robins and good writer could expand on his character. I don't think Tomasi is that writer though. I didn't care for the story Tomasi wrote in B&R pre-reboot and I'm really not caring for the story he's telling currently either. Dini and Miller had a better handle on him I think.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-09-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

I'd like him to team up with Dick again

they worked pretty well together IMO
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

I view Damien as a perfectly round piece of clay. There's plenty of things you can do with him, but ultimately it's up to the writers to do the right thing. The base fact is this: Damien is a great starting point for some amazing things.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I'd like him to team up with Dick again

they worked pretty well together IMO
    I really liked that dynamic. Agreed.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Give a Damian his own book if he survives Batman Inc. There is no Robin/Red Robin book after all for the first time in almost 20+ years.

Damian, Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain lead Dustin Nguyen's Gotham Boys And Girls Club book alongside Colin Wilkes, Klarion and maybe other "minor" young Gotham heroes. (I feel Supergirl may have to be cut from the concept...she's not socialized enough yet like she was preboot.)

Steph and Damian already are great foils for each other, add in Cass who he had such an interesting exchange with and you'd get a great book to explore and build his character.

Keep him as Robin. To me its a no-brainer. Not every legacy replacement is a hit. Damian has been, so you keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by maximiliani View Post
    Give a Damian his own book if he survives Batman Inc. There is no Robin/Red Robin book after all for the first time in almost 20+ years.
    And do you realize how long we went without a Robin / Red Robin book prior to that?

Dick had a feature or co-starred in other books at various times prior to becoming Nightwing, but Tim was the first (and only one) to achieve his own solo regular book, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Keep him as Robin. To me its a no-brainer. Not every legacy replacement is a hit. Damian has been, so you keep him.
    But they have had a pretty good track record with the Batman franchise, what with Dick as Robin / Nightwing, Tim as Robin / Red Robin, and all the Batgirls.

Dick had a feature or co-starred in other books at various times prior to becoming Nightwing, but Tim was the first (and only one) to achieve his own solo regular book, wasn't he?
    As Robin that would be correct although Nightwing did get his own solo regular book as well. I'm not really sure whose came first. I do believe that Tim's solo books collectively lasted longer than Nightwing's though.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    As Robin that would be correct although Nightwing did get his own solo regular book as well. I'm not really sure whose came first. I do believe that Tim's solo books collectively lasted longer than Nightwing's though.
    According to comics.org, Nightwing didn't begin until 1995 (four issue series).

Tim's first solo effort (also a mini-series) began in 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    Dini and BQM's Damian > Tomasi's

In good hands Damian is a fantastic character. It would be a waste to kill him or turn him into a villain. And we really don't need another (most likely male and white) new Robin.
    I gotta agree. I like Tomasi, I just don't think he has a grip on Damian. I would love to see either Dini or Miller take over B&R.

But yeah, keep Damian around. He's a very enjoyable character when written well.

I just don't want to see him killed off at the end of Batman Inc...and really don't want him to eventually become Batman. I think I would like for him to, in the future, become the second Nightwing.

Keep him alive and as Robin. Batman doesn't need a new one.

And do you realize how long we went without a Robin / Red Robin book prior to that?

But they have had a pretty good track record with the Batman franchise, what with Dick as Robin / Nightwing, Tim as Robin / Red Robin, and all the Batgirls.

What I meant is that for the first time since 1991 we haven't had a Robin ongoing. Tim held a book for a long long time! It's a shame after 20 years we don't have a Robin book of ANY type!

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I really liked that dynamic. Agreed.
    it's one of the things I most enjoyed about batman and robin, while damian with his pops has been ALRIGHT, but not as great as that for me
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings