Default Some help please

I have only began reading comics with DC's New 52, and now I would like to try out some vertigo books and was wondering if anyone can give recommendations, offer advice etc?

Some of my favorite titles are:

Animal man
    Swamp Thing
    Batman
    Justice League
    Demon Knights
    Supergirl

If you like Animal Man and Swamp Thing, I'd definitely recommend Hellblazer. Also, Jeff Lemire, writer of Animal Man, writes and illustrates Sweet Tooth, which is an excellent book, and Scott Snyder writes American Vampire, which I don't read but know is highly regarded.

If you like Demon Knights, then I'd say check out Matt Wagner's Madame Xanadu series. It's available in four tpbs.

As far as just picking up a Vertigo book, I'd say that The Unwritten is my favorite right now.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    If you like Animal Man and Swamp Thing, I'd definitely recommend Hellblazer. Also, Jeff Lemire, writer of Animal Man, writes and illustrates Sweet Tooth, which is an excellent book, and Scott Snyder writes American Vampire, which I don't read but know is highly regarded.

If you like Demon Knights, then I'd say check out Matt Wagner's Madame Xanadu series. It's available in four tpbs.

As far as just picking up a Vertigo book, I'd say that The Unwritten is my favorite right now.
    FanboyStranger got this on lock Get The unwritten NOW

if you like noir check out 100 bullets
    Preacher will be mentioned on this thread and it is such a great, unique read

check out Grant Morrison's Animal man
    vertigo titles are truly unique because some titles are really hard to compared to the mainstream comics I mean you won't find anything too action paced and not enough plot like Justice League
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

check out

doom patrol
    extremists
    preacher
    enigma
    shade the changingman
    100 bullets

not vertigo books
    tankgirl
    popbot
    automatic kafka
    metropol
    stray toasters

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I am the reverse. I have been reading Vertigo and similar titles for a while but only started reading super hero titles with the New 52. Swamp Thing on Vertigo, especially the Alan Moore written ones, is fantastic. Madame Xanadu is cool and gives a lot of back story to her. Fables in got a fun vibe like super hero stuff.

Recommendations for classic Vertigo:

Sandman (made the author, Neil Gaiman a superstar in literature... have you seen the movie Coraline?)
    Preacher (Violent, blasphemous, hilarious, best buddy story ever.)
    Transmetropolitan (Sci-fi homage to Hunter S Thompson & gonzo journalism - think Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas in the future.)
    Y The Last Man (Half-Post-Apocalyptic... Every man on earth dies except one.)
    Scalped (Superficially like Sopranos on an Indian reservation, but MUCH better.)
    Bonus: My favorite non-classic Vertigo is Young Liars - mind blowing 3 TPB series

Half-Vertigo recommendation - Alan Moore's swamp thing run, #20-64 of Swamp Thing volume 2, collected in 6 Hardcovers, started in DC mainline but was very Vertigo-like and is now published under Vertigo banner.
    Non-Vertigo recommendation - Hellboy is consistently one of the best comics out there.

Well, as this thread is going to pretty quickly turn into a long list of everyone's favorite Vertigo titles I'm going to limit my recommendations to current Vertigo books.

As you like Animal Man, Swamp Thing and Batman I'd recommend American Vampire. It's an interesting take on vampires by Scott Snyder with fantastic art by Albuquerque. (He's the guy that did the art in the latest Batman back up story.) It's got great characters and is a rather interesting take on the vampire myth.

I'll go out on a limb and recommend Sweet Tooth by Lemire. I didn't read past issue one, but a lot of people on this forum speak highly of it and since you like Animal Man it's probably worth a shot.

I didn't care for Demon Knights and in general I haven't enjoyed Cornell's other works. I am however rather intrigued by Saucer Country. It's Cornell's new (only three issues so far) tale of a serious presidential candidate who believes she's been abducted by aliens. It's been pretty interesting so far.

I'm pretty much going to leave it at that. Though I would say you owe it to yourself to read Sandman. Also if you like the current Swamp Thing you should read the orignal Wein/Wrightson run and the Moore run as well.

Other Vertigo books I'm reading:

Unwritten
    Fables
    Spaceman
    The New Deadwardians
    Hellblazer
    Fairest
    If you're not reading Lazarus you should be.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I just started on Sweet Tooth being a big Animal Man fan.....read the first 2 chapters so far. WOW!!!!! I can safely say I am now a HUGE jeff Lemire fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jabari18 View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I just started on Sweet Tooth being a big Animal Man fan.....read the first 2 chapters so far. WOW!!!!! I can safely say I am now a HUGE jeff Lemire fan.
    Essex County is powerful, The Nobody is a great retelling of a classic tale. Underwater Welder is coming out soon. He's also taking over Justice League Dark.

Jeff Lemire is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by NCatron View Post
    Essex County is powerful, The Nobody is a great retelling of a classic tale. Underwater Welder is coming out soon. He's also taking over Justice League Dark.

Jeff Lemire is the man.
    I have to get me some more Lemire!!!! I read his JLD and it was refreshing. I have to look for Underwater Welder

Default зоо клиника

посоветуйте пожалуйста хорошую зоо клинику в москве