Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    At the very least, I'm starting to think Comics Beat might be on to something. Their theory is that the aftermath of this event will result in the Marvel Universe splitting into two separate ones, with the X-Men and the mutants in one, and the Avengers and other Marvel heroes in another.
    You mean Marvel film properties and non-Marvel film properties?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    So the X-Men are in charge during act 2. Looks like we know who will win in act 3.
    The Great Lakes Slingers?

At the very least, I'm starting to think Comics Beat might be on to something. Their theory is that the aftermath of this event will result in the Marvel Universe splitting into two separate ones, with the X-Men and the mutants in one, and the Avengers and other Marvel heroes in another.
    And in this proposed scenario, will Wolverine be given multiversal teleportation powers so that he can continue pulled double duty?

I said this from the beginning...No one didn't want to believe me. I do think that this will happen.
    TEAM TEEN JEAN 2013!!

*2,000,000th X-Books Forum post goes to...Yours truly Vivica Kang*

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbrownisonfiyah View Post
    It's pretty transparent how this all plays out if you've been reading and paying attention-

1.The whole point of the crapfest that is New Avengers current fungus storyline is to show that the red headed chick who's mother was a whore, actually learned to resist the phoenix, using time-honored eastern methods. Thus implying that once Hope is "trained" by IronFist and Wolverine, she will reject the flying bird of fire. White girl can meditate, yo.

2. The phoenix will pick another host, after Hope rejects it. Emma Frost, with her icy demeanor and cold cat trap needs a little warmth. How in the hell they will explain how Emma is able to control the Phoenix, is anyones guess, though I assume like all other Phoenix cliche's, she will teeter on control/losing control - a metaphor for the modern woman, I am sure. Cyclops will create a "Planet X" - as per teaser image - with his new powerhouse girlfriend. Mutants are free, in control, a REAL, global utopia, you get the idea. (See his "press release"...lord jesus)

3. The Scarlet Bitch will realize now is her chance to redeem herself, save the planet and wrestle control of her incestious thoughts of her brother. So she takes a stand against the phoenix, possibly even calling back the "Life Force" to help her cause.

4. Battle. People fight, no one wins, because it's a comic book.

5. Scarlet Witch manages to tap into the Life Force which will be revealed to be the creative aspect of the Phoenix Force and will put the world right, Fixing Planet X and causing Mutants to start being born normally again. Cyclops realizes what he has becomes sacrifices himself to help her. In the end the remaining X-men return to the school and resets the X-men status quo to a pre-2000 status. all titles get reshuffled and the Avengers forget about this in 2 months. Scott is redeemed by his Death, SW is redeemed by her actions
    Fixed that for you.

It's somewhat cliched, but I'm excited as hell anyways! Even though Act 2 promises this "No More Avengers" angle I think it's still setting the X-men up for a big loss. After the success of the Avengers movie, I just can't see Marvel letting the Avengers come out on the losing end of this. The more the X-men seem to decimate the Avengers, the more they'll come clawing back to take on the X-men. I think it's setting the stage for quite a spectacle and I look forward to seeing how it plays out, especially since another Infinite Comic is supposed to come out in conjunction with AvX #6.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    And in this proposed scenario, will Wolverine be given multiversal teleportation powers so that he can continue pulled double duty?
    LOL! I've always suspected bi-location was Wolverine's real secondary mutation.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Nah, this has all been to get the two brands more integrated, not to completely segregate them. Everyone will be happy friends by the end.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    OMG! Funny AND astute!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    OMG! Funny AND astute!
    The Fantastic Four and Daredevil are not mutants.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

How many times does Marvel have to say it?

There won't be a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    Also, Nick Fury is stepping down for a more Ultimate looking Nick and Dan Slott implied he'd be writing Miles soon.
    When did Dan Slott say he was going to be writing Miles Morales in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Nah, this has all been to get the two brands more integrated, not to completely segregate them. Everyone will be happy friends by the end.
    Yeah, but usually they have to end on something that lives up to the whole "things will never be the same again" I don't think having them all be friends again by the end would fit that. Besides, given how there's practically close a dozen X-Men titles, that's more than enough to create an "X-Men only universe." Of course, the last time Marvel tried to do something like this we got "Heroes Reborn."
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post

There won't be a reboot.
    As many times as they have said that the Ultimate Universe wasnt going to meet 616.

Anyway, relax folks, this just means that there will not be a bunch of Avengers team, there will only be ONE Avengers team that will resemble the movie version. Buh bye Secret, New, Academy and say hello to plain on THE AVENGERS!

But wouldn't that classify as a reboot in way and be also similar to the likes of the former "Heroes Reborn" series back in the late 90s ?

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post

There won't be a reboot.
    There will be a rebirth instead

Default Teleporters and Mutant Robots...

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Well good bye Marvel Universe, and this time you can pin the blame on Cyclops for this.

Because without the Avengers who will stop the threats of Kang and Ultron or even the Masters of evil ?
    You make it sound like any of the Avengers gallery of superpowered, hyperintelligent villains could stand being teleported to hell or burned by the Phoenix or have the water in their blood be frozen or have all the iron in their body moved into a concentrated area like their brain or their scrotum. Just all sorts of fun stuff could happen to Kang and Ultron and the Masters of Evil. A world without Avengers would be cool. At the very least, kill Wolverine and Beast. Please.