Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    Ah, I see you're sticking with the "The X-Men are a @#$%ing awesome force of nature that could kill anyone they want and that's why they'll win/ should be in charge, and any victory against them is just bad writing/ jobbing" schtick.
    That's true though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Characters interacting with few characters makes for really boring. And that's Post-Decimation.
    What's the point of having new characters if you aren't using the old ones?

Ah, I see you're sticking with the "The X-Men are a @#$%ing awesome force of nature that could kill anyone they want and that's why they'll win/ should be in charge, and any victory against them is just bad writing/ jobbing" schtick.
    The X-Men never wanted to be in charge of anything except themselves, it's the Avengers that are playing super-cops here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    The X-Men never wanted to be in charge of anything except themselves, it's the Avengers that are playing super-cops here.
    The X-Men set up their own nation and the Avengers are officially recognized by the US and the UN as a peacekeeping force that have saved the world dozens of times. That kind of sounds like "wanting to be in charge" and the Avengers aren't "playing" at being something they already are.

Cap didn't seem to mind the X-Men setting their own nation when he came begging for Cyclops to accept a medal in order to look good himself.
    And being recognized by the US don't give them the right to kidnap anyone.

BANNED

Cap didn't seem to mind the X-Men setting their own nation when he came begging for Cyclops to accept a medal in order to look good himself.
    Yeah.

None of that has any bearing on what is going on, mind you.

And being recognized by the US don't give them the right to kidnap anyone.
    AAAaannd that never happened.

Nice try though.

Wait, I forgot I was talking to an Avengers fan. I'll type slow and make sure every sentence is as clear as possible.
    Cap didn't seem to mind that the X-Men set up their own "rogue nation" until the time he's got a beef with them and decide to lock them up. Can you spell hypocrite ?
    And the Avengers kidnapped the Utopia kids. And would have done the same to Hope, had real heroes not been there to face them.
    Now let me know if there is anything you don't understand, I'll be patient and explain it to you.

BANNED

Wait, I forgot I was talking to an Avengers fan. I'll type slow and make sure every sentence is as clear as possible.
    Cap didn't seem to mind that the X-Men set up their own "rogue nation" until the time he's got a beef with them and decide to lock them up. Can you spell hypocrite ?
    And the Avengers kidnapped the Utopia kids. And would have done the same to Hope, had real heroes not been there to face them.
    Now let me know if there is anything you don't understand, I'll be patient and explain it to you.
    Because "Avengers fan" automatically means "Complete idiot?"

That sort of thinking explains so much about where some of the people defending the X-Men are coming from.

Because "Avengers fan" automatically means "Complete idiot?"

That sort of thinking explains so much about where some of the people defending the X-Men are coming from.
    If I was judging by your precedent posts, I'd say yes but that would be a little reductive. Now do you have any arguments against the points I've made ? Not even the usual "It's not kidnapping if it's for their own good." Or even "this isn't a prison camp, they have board games !!!". I know you guys love these...

Considering the fact that Cyclops basically stated that no nation on earth can administer due process to mutants, he seems to feel he's got authority over every legal system on the face of the earth.

Steve can legitimately say he's a super cop to some degree (though it may not specifically justify what he's doing in AvX). I'm not entirely sure what authority Cyclops thinks he's got when he made those demands in his letter. But either way, Scotts demands seemed a hell of a lot more far reaching to me.

*back from re-reading Uncanny X-Men 11*
    He asked that their sovereignty be respected and that no individual be persecuted for being a mutant. How dare he ?

*back from re-reading Uncanny X-Men 11*
    He asked that their sovereignty be respected and that no individual be persecuted for being a mutant. How dare he ?
    Specifically, he states that human law cannot judge or imprison mutants.

What authority does he have to tell any other nation on earth that they cannot adminsiter due process?

"How dare he" is the right question here.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Specifically, he states that human law cannot judge or imprison mutants.
    Do you have scans ? I can't remember that happening, though I wouldn't put it past him.

Do you have scans ? I can't remember that happening, though I wouldn't put it past him.
    It's in the Frequently Asked Questions part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uncanny-xmen-letter.jpg  

Meh, I thought you were talking about the press release in last Uncanny. For all we know this letter isn't canon, much like the whole Jean Grey School program in WATXM #01. Those were just bonuses.