Well, Marvel just gave away that the Avengers will take the win in the end. With the X-men gaining the upper hand like this by the end of act 2 of the story, the basic rules of drama dictate they'll lose the overall event.
Starting to think my theory of the reboot/merge with the Ultimate Universe might have some merit....
It's pretty transparent how this all plays out if you've been reading and paying attention-
1.The whole point of the crapfest that is New Avengers current fungus storyline is to show that the red headed chick who's mother was a whore, actually learned to resist the phoenix, using time-honored eastern methods. Thus implying that once Hope is "trained" by IronFist and Wolverine, she will reject the flying bird of fire. White girl can meditate, yo.
2. The phoenix will pick another host, after Hope rejects it. Emma Frost, with her icy demeanor and cold cat trap needs a little warmth. How in the hell they will explain how Emma is able to control the Phoenix, is anyones guess, though I assume like all other Phoenix cliche's, she will teeter on control/losing control - a metaphor for the modern woman, I am sure. Cyclops will create a "Planet X" - as per teaser image - with his new powerhouse girlfriend. Mutants are free, in control, a REAL, global utopia, you get the idea. (See his "press release"...lord jesus)
3. The Scarlet Bitch will realize now is her chance to redeem herself, save the planet and wrestle control of her incestious thoughts of her brother. So she takes a stand against the phoenix, possibly even calling back the "Life Force" to help her cause.
4. Battle. People fight, no one wins, because it's a comic book.
5. Hope, Cable, and Professor X take a stand against One Eye and his hot harlot.
6. Hope sacrifices herself and/or Jean Grey comes back, in all her mom jean glory. She is revitalized after reading 50 shades of grey (no pun) and realizes scott, and the phoenix must be stopped. So she resets the universe, and Marvel can start all over - ala DC.
[Level 1 antagonism]
Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
[Level 2 antagonism]
Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
[Maximum hostility factor]
Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!
Also, Nick Fury is stepping down for a more Ultimate looking Nick and Dan Slott implied he'd be writing Miles soon.
Bring back X-23's series petition
Bring back X-23's series facebook page
I guess only Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Bow Boy and Gun Girl will be the only Avengers left after this event
Maybe Marvel is planning to kill off all the other characters to simplify and streamline the comics and films?
Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
Check it out, if you'd like!
This happens in issue 7 of a 12 part event, so there's the whole climatic finale yet to go. The end of act 2 is the point where the heroes are at their lowest and all hope seems lost, so they can start to fight back in act 3.
So the X-Men are in charge during act 2. Looks like we know who will win in act 3.
Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!
Comics Beat might be on to something. Their theory is that the aftermath of this event will result in the Marvel Universe splitting into two separate ones, with the X-Men and the mutants in one, and the Avengers and other Marvel heroes in another.
Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!
Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton