Page 35 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Man, Cyke is gonna bite it at the end of this. I just know it. Well it was inevitable i guess.
    I think it's highly possible. Especially with all of the comments about Cable taking a more pronounced role in the Marvel U going forward from Alonso and Loeb. My guess is that he could potentially take over the X-Tinction Team after Scott dies (assuming there still is such a team after AvsX, that is).

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Frankly, I'd like to see them do more with the Xkids they've got now.
    Exactly why we need new faces: to give established characters more to do.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

One good thing to come out of it if the Avengers cease to exist - No More Jessica Jones!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Exactly why we need new faces: to give established characters more to do.

How does that work, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    But Scott used a Press release to discredit the Avengers, and he was the one who attack Cap first, so does that make him a bad guy overall ?
    Truthfully part of me is starting to wonder if the one we should REALLY be worried about is Scott rather than the Phoenix.

But it's too soon to tell. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Man, Cyke is gonna bite it at the end of this. I just know it. Well it was inevitable i guess.
    He might get a comic book death (ie Batman or Captain America a few years back) ... but there's no way Cyclops would REALLY die.

So House of Summers, IMO sounds good.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    But Scott used a Press release to discredit the Avengers, and he was the one who attack Cap first, so does that make him a bad guy overall ?
    When Cap showed up at Cyke's door with the military and an Army making mim look to be the aggressor is easy. Having two groups of mutant teens help prisoner makes it even easier.

It would be hard to convince o[people that the guy who brought an invading army was not the aggressor

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Truthfully part of me is starting to wonder if the one we should REALLY be worried about is Scott rather than the Phoenix.

But it's too soon to tell. We'll see.
    n Why worry about Cyke instead Cap who think that firepower gives him all the authority he needs
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post

n Why worry about Cyke instead Cap who think that firepower gives him all the authority he needs
    I'm more worried about Scott for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, I think he's flat out more desperate of the two.

And secondly, because he's seeking to harness the power of the Phoenix force, rather than just stop it.

As far as Steve thinking fire power gives him authority... I recall you arguing that Cyclops having weapons of mass destruction gave him authority over every nation on the planet at one point, in regards to that letter he sent. So from that context, they at least break even.

I suspect Emma Frost will become the host of the Phoenix, or at least a 'tame' version which is easy to control. I'd say she's more likely to bite it than Scott.

When Cap showed up at Cyke's door with the military and an Army making mim look to be the aggressor is easy. Having two groups of mutant teens help prisoner makes it even easier.

It would be hard to convince o[people that the guy who brought an invading army was not the aggressor
    First. Captain America didn't show up on Cyclops' door with an army. they were off in the distance, and only showed up when Cyclops irrationally blasted Captain America, If Cyclops tried to talk it out first, like a real leader then the "Avengers Army" never would of appeared.

Secondly I fail to see how Captain America had an "invading" army, when A) they didn't "invade" anything, they defended their leader when he was blasted while trying to negotiate with Cyclops. and B) How can one "invade" they country you're apart of?

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    How does that work, exactly?
    Characters interacting with few characters makes for really boring. And that's Post-Decimation.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Characters interacting with few characters makes for really boring. And that's Post-Decimation.
    Are they actually interacting with fewer characters? Since Utopia they've been living on an island with like 200 other mutants? It's really the largest standing X-Men team they've ever had, because pretty much everyone is in the book.

I think the books problem isn't too few characters, but frankly too many.

Quote Originally Posted by infiltr8r0618 View Post
    First. Captain America didn't show up on Cyclops' door with an army. they were off in the distance, and only showed up when Cyclops irrationally blasted Captain America, If Cyclops tried to talk it out first, like a real leader then the "Avengers Army" never would of appeared.
    that Army was close enough that they fell just a short distance from Utopia. And that Army was always going to be used because Cap was not negotiating he was demanding they surrender Hope and that was never going to happen. He knew it would never happen because members of his own team told him that making that demand would get him blasted off the island before he went there. So with that knowledge Cap started the negotiations with something he very well knew would start a fight.His statement I am not asking showed that he was willing to fight to get his way. His words showed that he intended to start a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by infiltr8r0618 View Post
    Secondly I fail to see how Captain America had an "invading" army, when A) they didn't "invade" anything, they defended their leader when he was blasted while trying to negotiate with Cyclops. and B) How can one "invade" they country you're apart of?
    The folks of Utopia think they are a nation. They are in the same legal status as the US was fore the first five years of it's history. They consider themselves independent and are willing to fight to prove it.

Defending Cap in no way required they take the island, and by the time they defended him he was no longer in danger, if the X-men had wanted to harm him he would have simply died long before anyone could intervene.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

BANNED

The folks of Utopia think they are a nation. They are in the same legal status as the US was fore the first five years of it's history. They consider themselves independent and are willing to fight to prove it.
    Thinking you are something and actually BEING something are two different things.

I could think that a 4x4 patch of land is a sovereign nation that I rule, and that anyone attempting to cross into it is an invading army. Doesn't make it true, doesn't make me a ruler, and it doesn't make the cops who come to take me away a bunch of invaders.

I mean, there have been "invasions" before, doesn't make them real "invasions."

http://www.molossia.org/article202.html

Defending Cap in no way required they take the island, and by the time they defended him he was no longer in danger, if the X-men had wanted to harm him he would have simply died long before anyone could intervene.
    Ah, I see you're sticking with the "The X-Men are a @#$%ing awesome force of nature that could kill anyone they want and that's why they'll win/ should be in charge, and any victory against them is just bad writing/ jobbing" schtick.