Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    As many times as they have said that the Ultimate Universe wasnt going to meet 616.

Anyway, relax folks, this just means that there will not be a bunch of Avengers team, there will only be ONE Avengers team that will resemble the movie version. Buh bye Secret, New, Academy and say hello to plain on THE AVENGERS!
    IMO not gonna happen. Marvel basically publishes 3 Things. X-men Books, Avenger Books and Spider-man Books. I see no reason to cut down to a single book if anything marvel is more likely to expand.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    How many times does Marvel have to say it?

There won't be a reboot.
    Technically, DC didn't call their "New 52" relaunch a reboot, either. Heck, if the split Marvel Universe theory pans out, they could simply say "This is not a reboot but a re-adjustment."
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Technically, DC didn't call their "New 52" relaunch a reboot, either. Heck, if the split Marvel Universe theory pans out, they could simply say "This is not a reboot but a re-adjustment."
    Phoenix = REBIRTH

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, but usually they have to end on something that lives up to the whole "things will never be the same again" I don't think having them all be friends again by the end would fit that. Besides, given how there's practically close a dozen X-Men titles, that's more than enough to create an "X-Men only universe." Of course, the last time Marvel tried to do something like this we got "Heroes Reborn."
    The problem with this is that it basically destroys Marvel's primary calling card: it's a shared universe. Additionally, as you noted, they've tried it before and it didn't really amount to much.

My guess for major shakeups is that the X-Men manage to kick start the mutant gene, but the event will also resolve itself with the government adopting a legit DoFP style Sentinel program.

As many times as they have said that the Ultimate Universe wasnt going to meet 616.
    Joe Quesada said that once, offhandedly, how many years ago? Alonso has said "no reboot" at least 2 or 3 times in the past couple months.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Well good bye Marvel Universe, and this time you can pin the blame on Cyclops for this.

Because without the Avengers who will stop the threats of Kang and Ultron or even the Masters of evil ?
    The X-men, duh.

So, after Civil War II, we get House of M II? Now, that's creative. The ol' House of re-hashed Ideas at work. I'm really looking foward to what will come ot at the other end of the tunnel that is AvsX, because, from what I've seen, so far it's been an awful jorney. (My opinion, of course. I'm sure there are many enjoying it. Good for you).

Peace

Best Coast Avenger BartonisHawkeye88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    The Extinction Team was designed to handle all that.
    Then it's too bad that those threats are far out of their league then.
    I hope this is just a misleading teaser.
    PULL: Hawkeye, Star Wars, Daredevil, Thor: God of Thunder, Secret Avengers

And it took something like seven years and a complete turnover in editorial for that to be overturned. So, sure, we can use the whole Ultimate/616 thing as a precedent, but if so we also have to assume that AVX won't be the catalyst for a reboot as said reboot isn't due until 2019 or so.

Marvel already had a new 52, it was called Heroes Reborn.

THey are already beating DC in sales once again, they are not going to reboot their universe just so they can have 6 months of 'okay' sales. Can we move past the reboot thing.

Besides if it was a reboot why would it be in Act 2 and not act 3?

Do you think Act 3 is just "Every stands around and gets new #1s"?

I'm waiting to see Wonder Man's reaction to all this..

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    How many times does Marvel have to say it?

There won't be a reboot.
    Forgive my lack of faith if it's Quesada saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quesada is the guy who made the crack about the ultimate universe and crossovers off hand years ago. People seemed to take that pretty much to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    It wasn't. Why would Quesada make sweeping statements about the publishing division when he retains very little connection to it?
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by BartonisHawkeye88 View Post
    Then it's too bad that those threats are far out of their league then.
    I hope this is just a misleading teaser.
    Do you even know the roster of the Extinction team? If the Young Avengers can handle the likes of Kang, I'm pretty sure a lineup consisting of one of the world's premiere telepaths, a guy powerful enough to shift the planet's poles, a robot designed exclusively for trying to kill people, the avatar of Cyttorak, the demon sorceress ruler of Limbo, a woman who can control the weather, a girl so powerful she's considered the consensus candidate to house the Phoenix Force, the king of Atlantis and a guy who just managed to outwit Captain America multiple times in the span of a couple issues can handle him. Seriously, Namor may well be the second least dangerous member of the Extinction Team (Ahead of Emma), that's how powerful overall that roster is.