Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Captain America #11 *Spoilers*

The action pics up with Cap protecting a villain in witness protection called the porcupine from a gunman.
    Flashback to a week ago, and a regular sort of looking guy who happens to be armed with tech he plans to use for petty reasons is killed by the new Scourge.
    The police find an AIM suit in his apartment, and just then, Dum-Dum Dugan and Rachel Leighton arrive to take over the investigation.
    It turns out that all the Scorge's victims are recent entrants into the witness protection program.
    Dum-Dum and Diamondback reminisce a bit about her past with Steve, and she says that one way or another, she's always trying to impress him, such as she does by holing up with one of the suspected targets, the viper.
    Steve tracks down the source of the leak to three people in his employ, and before he can do the parlor scene, one of them pulls a gun, opens fire, and jumps out a window shouting "Hail Hydra". He has a flying rig, but Cap still take him out.
    The mole makes does the standard gloating before dying of a cyanide pill.
    Despite Diamondback's efforts, the Scourge gets to viper and wounds Rachel, though he doesn't kill her. At least not yet. She apparently recognizes his voice.

My verdict: Brubaker is back in form. Arm and story are top notch.

BANNED

I really enjoyed this!
    I sighed in great relief that Diamondback wasn't killed at the end!
    ...though, the yellow outfit is gonna take a while to get used to.

When did Diamondbak become a secret agent, though?

And since when was Cap involved with SHIELD? Does he have authority over Daisy Johnson?

Epic Shield Toss was Epic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulabulbul_Amir View Post
    When did Diamondbak become a secret agent, though?
    You kidding?! She's been with SHIELD for a LONG time!

I guess she just decided to going back to helping them.

I loved it.

I really enjoyed Diamondback's role in it. I guess Brubaker doesn't hate her after all, since she would've been dead in the end. I'm glad the new Viper is dead, never liked him. I'm curious who the new Scourge is, though, and how Diamondback knows him.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I loved it.

I really enjoyed Diamondback's role in it. I guess Brubaker doesn't hate her after all, since she would've been dead in the end. I'm glad the new Viper is dead, never liked him. I'm curious who the new Scourge is, though, and how Diamondback knows him.
    Constrictor.
    That's my bet.

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

I feel like Brubaker's regaining his composure this issue. Great work!

And Zircher on art *drool*
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

Fantastic issue. Love Cap on a murder mystery. This is Captain America and Brubaker in their element.
    Comics are more better.

One of the best reads in a while, I love how Brubakers takes old Cap related characters and breaths fresh air into them. I mean I loved Diamondback in Initiative, but this suits her well, same with Dum Dum (who is one of the best characters in my opinion). Zircher on art is just bloody brilliant, I thought it would be hard for him to top his art from Hulk of Arabia, but man he managed to accomplish that feat. Beautiful. I hope this book stays this good, because right now, this and Winter Soldier are a solid Two Thumbs Up.

So I had no idea who the new Scourge was when I read the issue, but once I saw Songbird/Diamondback's post on her opinion, I instantly agreed. To me that would make perfect sense, although, I think I would be heart broken because I became quite interested in Constrictor during his tenure with Shadow Initiative, and would love to see him as a agent of SHIELD again.
    "I visited Latveria and all I got is a bunch of Doombot heads."

-Deadpool-
    Doomwar # 5

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack J Napier View Post
    One of the best reads in a while, I love how Brubakers takes old Cap related characters and breaths fresh air into them. I mean I loved Diamondback in Initiative, but this suits her well, same with Dum Dum (who is one of the best characters in my opinion). Zircher on art is just bloody brilliant, I thought it would be hard for him to top his art from Hulk of Arabia, but man he managed to accomplish that feat. Beautiful. I hope this book stays this good, because right now, this and Winter Soldier are a solid Two Thumbs Up.

So I had no idea who the new Scourge was when I read the issue, but once I saw Songbird/Diamondback's post on her opinion, I instantly agreed. To me that would make perfect sense, although, I think I would be heart broken because I became quite interested in Constrictor during his tenure with Shadow Initiative, and would love to see him as a agent of SHIELD again.
    I don't think Brubaker changed her that much. She seemed pretty in character, which is the best thing that Brubaker could do!
    ...I still disagree with Yellow as her outfit color. That's just doesn't click with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I don't think Brubaker changed her that much. She seemed pretty in character, which is the best thing that Brubaker could do!
    ...I still disagree with Yellow as her outfit color. That's just doesn't click with me.
    I didn't quite mean characterization, as in she seems in character, I mean her role as a clandestine agent. It isn't something we've seen her doing in a very long time and I think i prefer this to her superheroine career.
    "I visited Latveria and all I got is a bunch of Doombot heads."

-Deadpool-
    Doomwar # 5

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack J Napier View Post
    I didn't quite mean characterization, as in she seems in character, I mean her role as a clandestine agent. It isn't something we've seen her doing in a very long time and I think i prefer this to her superheroine career.
    Ah. Yeah, I do think her role as a "cop" is kinda cool.

OK, thought something weirder happened than what actually did. I knew Diamondback killed (if semi-accidentally) the Porcupine. For a second, I thought that Bru was saying she hadn't, and he was just placed into wit-sec. This would be the second Porcupine, though. Because lord knows, that was a name that needed reviving.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You kidding?! She's been with SHIELD for a LONG time!

I guess she just decided to going back to helping them.
    I don't know much about Diamondback, I'm afraid. Last I remember of her is fighting Ms Marvel at some point during the registration era.