Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    Maybe the Phoenix will make everyone a mutant, just like Oprah would.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    You get an X-Gene! And you get an X-Gene! And you get an X-Gene!
    I was thinking the same thing. Give everyone an X-Gene, whether it manifests or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    IMO, Hope cannot die until the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The thing that' bugging me about Hope's life or lack of one is that she sort of dissapears from solicits and covers. Considering this Event is sort of centered around her, you would think she should still be central.
    This. Hope isn't mentioned, nor does she appear on any of Act 2's covers, thus far. I guess they could be keeping their cards close or she could show up in Act 3, but there is a decided absence of Hope in Act 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I
    This. Hope isn't mentioned, nor does she appear on any of Act 2's covers, thus far. I guess they could be keeping their cards close or she could show up in Act 3, but there is a decided absence of Hope in Act 2.
    Yeah, everyone keeps saying Emma's a good candidate, and though yeah I can see that, she's still on the Cover of AvX 7, which is more than we could say for most people who should be key in this event.

Quote Originally Posted by zipppoww View Post
    Wow... too bad Wanda never said, "No More A$$holes". In one fell swoop she would have gotten rid of Magneto, Quicksilver, Ironman, Captain America, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine and many others, not to mention all villains...

Well, she would have gotten that or a serious beat-down for lower GI damage. The event "Marvel: Constipation"
    People would just stop pooping, and the world would be much worse off than it was from DeciMation.
    XPOTM:September 2010

Over this work week. SovereignPrince's Avatar

Omigawd omigawd omigawd!!! This would be almost better than an orgasm if this happened for real. I was so pro House of M when it happened so this would be perfect.

I hope the avengers(<-----lowercase meant) get seriously dissembled this time, ala Quentin Quire versus The Cuckoos.

Okay now that the crazy rant is over I know this going to be some great bait and switch that screws over us X-men fans in the ends. I mean come on, Marvel. Who's gonna believe this with how much the avengers movie just grossed.

Besides, they're already ruined the Phoenix with all this Iron Fist stuff. One of the greatest things in X-history has been retained into crap. Why would they hesitate at this point to bend us over?

Thank the heavens.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    And what if? Xorn is in Scott?
    Sounds totally hot.
    Life looks better in black and white.

I've been predicting that Avengers would be cancelled since 1984. So, I guess I'm ahead of the curve on this. I'm always right.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

I'm hoping Quicksilver gets his ass killed by Wanda. Leave him alive a little bit to be emotionally broken and sad, as Magneto watches and does his best Palpatine "good, good Wanda!"

Wanda being off her rocker was her reason but why would Scott waste reality altering power on such a stupid wish.

It's time like these am thrilled that Monica and Angelica aren't Avengers anymore. I just wish Wolverine still was so he can finally die for good.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Return of the Jedi Last1oftheJedi's Avatar

It's probably been said, but yeah, I don't see an end to the avengers with them breaking the box office wide open. I'm certain it will make an excellent comic event, but even if the avengers disassemble again, they won't be gone. To what form they will be, I don't know. But to just see an end to a 200 milllion dollar in opening week-end franchise isn't Marvel's style. Atleast, I hope it's not.
    I was playin' in the beginnin'. The rules all changed. I've been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage. - Eminem
    I dare you to make less sense - Dean Venture
    Squirrel Tactic!- Dale Gribble

Mark my words: The pheonix will rapture mutants to a world where the Avengers never existed which ends up being a total hell hole. The Avengers end up in a world without Muatants (the Marvel Movie U) where things are happy and that pisses off Cyclops so he asks Hope to punch a hole i the walls of nto reality.
    Last edited by Relique; 05-09-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relique View Post
    Mark my words: The pheonix will rapture mutants to a world where the Avengers never existed which ends up being a total hell hole. The Avengers end up in a world without Muatants (the Marvel Movie U) where things are happy and that pisses off Cyclops so he asks Hope to punch a hole i the walls of nto reality.
    Now sis......

Youre not making any sense, and apparently not reading the same books I am -

Let my genius intellect break it down for you, boo.

"no more avengers" is hardly going to literally mean what you think it's going to mean. Lol. It spells it our for you in the solicits if you read between the lines. Also, if you have been reading the books, you can logically ascertain the plot, based on the set ups thus far.

Cyclops temporarly gets a Phoenix host(Emma) and creates a global utopia. Hope, as per the set up in new avengers, is going to be taught to resist the phoenix force by iron fist and wolverine. Iron fist is the avenger who "switches sides", because of the fungi legend....the girl who was taught to resist the bitchy bird via self-discipline. Hope isn't fungi reincarnated, the story is meant as a parallel.....

The phoenix is like khloe kardashians face, it cant be contained. So, it goes apeshit. The scarlet bitch is going to fight the Phoenix....clearly. Why else would she be drawing ominous shit in her old school journal about the bird ending the world? What, you think that panel was just for shits? Or maybe wanda has had it with everyone, and is like Fuck it, let me help bring about the end of the world? Lol. Also, book 0 clearly sets her up as desperate to redeem herself.

The battle then becomes a three way fight, because we know prof x has a "role" and obviously cable was brought back for a reason. There won't be a "winner", because despite "movie rights", marvel still makes $$$$ off of their characters and properties, and it makes zero sense to destroy one over the other, simply because a shitty studio happens to own the films rights at the moment. lol. $$$ is $$$.

Anyho, pretty sure the end of this event will bring about the return of the mutant race, a possible reboot, possibly the return of jean gay, and some other earth breaking shit that fanboys and girls will wreck their moms basements over.

Egotistical Meglomaniac TJKernan's Avatar

I think it is funny that people keep thinking the X-Men are going to "lose" this fight when all is said and done.

How could they possibly lose-or more importantly, what do mutants have left to lose? At this point nothing, they are already at their low point in their existence.

They have nowhere to go but up.

In the end of this, mutants are going to get a gift. mutant babies will start popping up again, and I wouldn't be surprised to see depowered mutants juiced up again and (hopefully) some mutants come back from the dead. More characters in play=more stories to be told.
    Bring back my DC! In the meantime, make mine Marvel and Image!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbrownisonfiyah View Post
    Now sis......

Youre not making any sense, and apparently not reading the same books I am -

You didn't catch my sarcasm as evident from my reference to DC's Infinite Crisis (which featured Superboy Prime punching a hole in reality)... Of course, it didn't help that I used a cell phone to type my post.

And I ain't no sis.