Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

And considering this happens at the end of act 2 of this story, it's pretty much confirmed the X-Men will come out as the losers of AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I guess that would make some sense, given that some of the X-men will be leaving Scott's side around this time during the second act when they see him going TOO FAR.
    At the very least, I think Magneto, ironically enough, will be the first to turn against Scott and teams up with Charles Xavier--who definitely would think Scott has gone too far--to stop him. And the only weapon they've got to go up against the Phoenix: the Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'd rather Wanda be next next host than Emma, since she's already been shown to not be able to host it for more than a short period.
    Couldn't Emma, though, potentially contain the Phoenix Force while in her diamond form? I imagine if Emma ends up becoming the host for the Phoenix that's what she'll end up doing. Which of course means Cyclops will essentially be bluffing everyone by claiming they have complete control of the Phoenix while in reality, he and Emma are trying to find a way to keep it contained and figure out how to use it to jump start the mutant population.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

I think you guys are just assuming that Wanda/Scarlet Witch is going to have something to do with this due to the catch phrase...

"No more Avengers".

It's not going to have anything to do with her.

I heard Emma Frost is going to become the host of the PF in issue #5. She'll likely be the one behind this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    My guess? The Phoenix takes control of Emma Frost and Cyclops uses this opportunity to force the entire world to surrender to their authority, promising a world in which there is no more war, discrimination, or violence, that there will finally be everlasting peace. But if any one commits a crime or atrocity anywhere in the world, then he'll sick the Phoenix on them. Thus, Cyclops, with his X-Men, essentially take over the world and the Avengers become outlaws.
    So Cyclops turns into Doctor Doom? He won't go that far and the X-Men wouldn't support that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10kirk View Post
    So Cyclops turns into Doctor Doom? He won't go that far and the X-Men wouldn't support that anyway.
    Well, there's five more issues coming out after that, most likely depicting how the heroes recover from whatever it is that Scott does, climaxing in the final fight to take down Doomclops.

Cool. Act 1: Hunt for Hope. Act 2: House of Summers. Act 3: ??????? Well should be entertaining watching the Avengers being hunted.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Cool. Act 1: Hunt for Hope. Act 2: House of Summers. Act 3: ??????? Well should be entertaining watching the Avengers being hunted.
    Not really, the Avengers are cancelled and everyone is happy.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    Their speculation that the outcome of this event will result in The Marvel Universe being separated into two comic book universes--The X-Men franchise in one and the Avengers and Marvel Heroes in another--I think could be very plausible outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    And considering this happens at the end of act 2 of this story, it's pretty much confirmed the X-Men will come out as the losers of AvX.
    Technically, it's happening at the beginning of Act 2, but yes, if what I'm guessing is true, then I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10kirk View Post
    Oh, of course some of them wouldn't. But I'm sure there are a few who will stay with Scott because they may think that if having a world in which they won't be persecuted or hunted means taking over the world under threat of force is a better alternative than what things were like before.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

My guess? The Phoenix takes control of Emma Frost and Cyclops uses this opportunity to force the entire world to surrender to their authority, promising a world in which there is no more war, discrimination, or violence, that there will finally be everlasting peace. But if any one commits a crime or atrocity anywhere in the world, then he'll sick the Phoenix on them. Thus, Cyclops, with his X-Men, essentially take over the world and the Avengers become outlaws.
    That's a pretty plausible and workable theory. And it sounds pretty spiffy. But this has a lot of character breaking potential. The Fall of Cyclops? Yeah, that would fit right into the arc that he's been written into over the past few years. He'd out-Magneto Magneto...and that would be wild.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

Quote Originally Posted by cybrestrike View Post
    That's a pretty plausible and workable theory. And it sounds pretty spiffy. But this has a lot of character breaking potential. The Fall of Cyclops? Yeah, that would fit right into the arc that he's been written into over the past few years. He'd out-Magneto Magneto...and that would be wild.
    I wouldn't be surprised.

Heck, the first issue retconned into existence those *DAILY* sparring sessions during which Cyke beats up Hope, didn't it?
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    No More Avengers, except the Avengers the end up magically being saved to continue the main avengers story line.

This is just Marvels way of canceling the other Avengers books that aren't selling well.
    Sadly this is how it will probably happen
    Thing of the naow: Please let Scott Summer die in AVX

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I guess you're right. Sad but inevitable.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Their speculation that the outcome of this event will result in The Marvel Universe being separated into two comic book universes--The X-Men franchise in one and the Avengers and Marvel Heroes in another--I think could be very plausible outcome.
    This would be a terrible, terrible idea. Plus I think they already tried this with the Heroes Reborn "pocket" universe.

Ugh, couldn't we get through this event without a reality warped world?

I'd settle for a decent on-panel continuity within the actual event.
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11