Default Sebastian Shaw runs the Avengers gauntlet

Sebastian Shaw from XM: FC takes on:

1. Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Captain America
    2. Iron Man
    3. Hulk
    4. Thor and Loki

How far does he make it?

No BFR allowed.

I remember we had a Shaw vs Thor thread waaaaay back when First Class came out. That was one of the most tiring debates I've participated in on rumbles.

*runs far away from thread*
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

1 and 2 are pretty much fucked, at any rate, unless Iron Man had sleeping gas or something in Avengers.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

The Thor vs Shaw match did go a long time, in terms of discussing exactly how his powers operated. At the end of the day, it was pointed out that Shaw's ability to absorb energy wasn't unlimited anyways, so anything significantly stronger then what he'd absorbed would probably kill him. That is assuming he was hit with such force all at once.

While it didn't really solve the whole "how do his powers work?" debate, it made the discussion moot in that topic because Thor was a lot stronger then anything Shaw had absorbed instantly.

With that in mind, I think it is at least safe to say Shaw won't win fights 3 and 4. It is likewise also safe to say he would certainly win fight 1, unless Hawkeye has knock out gas or something in his arrows.

I think him vs Iron Man is the most interesting fight. Mainly because I don't know if IM has power significantly above the strongest things Shaw absorbed instantly, which were bullets and rockets. Plus an energy blast that easily cut through what seemed to be a stone statue. I know he had rockets, and one would think they'd be stronger then rockets from 40 years earlier. I'm just not sure how much stronger.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-09-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I'm curious as to how Shaw would react to his own energy projection being rebounded on him. Cap's shield reflected both Loki and Thor's attack pretty devastatingly. I imagine Hawkeye firing an explosive arrow gets absorbed in Shaw who sends it back at the trio, only to have Cap deflect it back via his shield. Considering Shaw would be hit by a reflecting energy source, would that change the manner in which he could absorb it, or would he be hurt by it considering it was an attack he himself sent out? I'm not even sure if it matters, but I'm curious anyway.
    Co-Winner of Character Creation Battle # 2
    Won Character Creation Battle # 5
    Finalist of Tami's Create a Martial Artist Tournament

Winner of Cleric of Hell Brigade's Secret Marvel Tournament
    Winner of KJS1982's Video Game, TV, Movie, Comic/Book Tourney

Won the Internet: 1 time
    Awesom Award: 2 times

Shamelessly plugging my fanfiction:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/576259/

That which does not kill you, pick up a knife and make sure it doesn't get a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    I'm curious as to how Shaw would react to his own energy projection being rebounded on him. Cap's shield reflected both Loki and Thor's attack pretty devastatingly. I imagine Hawkeye firing an explosive arrow gets absorbed in Shaw who sends it back at the trio, only to have Cap deflect it back via his shield. Considering Shaw would be hit by a reflecting energy source, would that change the manner in which he could absorb it, or would he be hurt by it considering it was an attack he himself sent out? I'm not even sure if it matters, but I'm curious anyway.
    Well, I think that if Shaw took the time to gradually absorb a whole crapload of energy, and then unleashed every single bit of it and it got reflected..it would probably be potent enough to kill or at least damage him.

If instead the amount of energy he has in him was only comparable to the amount he got from absorbing that grenade, then I'd say no he'd just re-absorb it.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-09-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

BANNED

Does Shaw have "auto absorb"? Seemed to with the bullets, but the explosions from the grenades and rockets he seemed to have to consciously do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    Does Shaw have "auto absorb"? Seemed to with the bullets, but the explosions from the grenades and rockets he seemed to have to consciously do it.
    This is basically what the big debate was about. For every feat of absorbing I can remember, Shaw had time to activate his power. For the grenade, he had plenty of time to activate it. For storming the X-Men headquarters, it's safe to assume he wouldn't of gone in without activating his powers.

Though that doesn't exactly prove his powers aren't automatic, but it does show it's possible that they aren't.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-09-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    The only real question is if he has to turn the ability on or not - he certainly has feats for absorbing attacks that he couldn't see coming. (Like being shot in the back.)

Since nobody here will be blitzing him, it's not really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Well, I think that if Shaw took the time to gradually absorb a whole crapload of energy, and then unleashed every single bit of it and it got reflected..it would probably be potent enough to kill or at least damage him.
    Actually, it's been shown that the energy just sort of over in front of him while he absorb it. (See the grenade and rocket.)

He could probably be overloaded, but I'd say it would take an attack that's above his maximum capacity. So reflecting his own attacks back at him should do nothing.
    ...Mind you, I'm not entirely sure why he would resort to energy blasts when can just walk up to Cap and beat him to death with his own shield, given that a light shove from a charged up Shaw threw Magneto through a wall.