Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lobster johnson: The prayer of neferu

Mike Mignola (W), John Arcudi (W), Wilfredo Torres (A), Dave Stewart (C), and Tonci Zonjic (Cover)

On sale Aug 22
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    One-shot

The Heliopic Brotherhood of Ra hold a Victorian themed party complete with the unrolling of a mummy, with decidedly unexpected results, including a gun-blazing vigilante promising justice!

From the pages of Hellboy!

That sounds decidely amazing, I just finished the last part of the burning hand and found myself wanting some news of another Lobster story and here it is!

So I assume this is Panya's unrolling ,or do the dates not line up right

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    So I assume this is Panya's unrolling ,or do the dates not line up right
    I'll have to go back and read Garden of Souls to be sure but I believe her unrolling took place in the late 19th century not the 1930's where Lobster Johnson presumably takes place.

Ah, I just checked, Panya was 1859, so not her, but apparently mummy unwrapping is a popular thing

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Ah, I just checked, Panya was 1859, so not her, but apparently mummy unwrapping is a popular thing
    Well, yeah. It seemed clear from when we see Panya unwrapped that this was a big thing among that crowd, and not the first time they'd done it. And probably not the last...

Could be somehow related to Panya though. Sounds interesting.

BrianGaiser, where did you hear about this? I can't find the article anywhere. Anyway, gonna go update the Publishing Order thread...

Here is Wilfredo Torres's Deviantart page if you want to check out his work. And here's his blog.
    Last edited by Middenway; 05-09-2012 at 06:04 PM.

His Breaking Bad, Bride of Frankenstein & Kuato pics are awesome.

I saw it posted on Dark Horse's Facebook page under their photo album for "August Covers."

Cool! I'm trade waiting for the Burning hand because I assumed the DHP story 'Tony Masso's finest hour' would be
    collected alongside it, is it safe to assume this one shot will be added to the Burning hand TPB too?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Uk View Post
    Cool! I'm trade waiting for the Burning hand because I assumed the DHP story 'Tony Masso's finest hour' would be
    collected alongside it, is it safe to assume this one shot will be added to the Burning hand TPB too?
    No, it almost certainly won't. The Prayer of Neferu will probably be in the third trade, which will be made up of short minis, one shots and short stories, all featuring covers by Tonči Zonjić (we already know he's doing a bunch of them, and when covers form a set like this, they have always been collected together in the past). As for Tony Masso's Finest Hour, it could go either way. Maybe it'll be in the second trade, but it could just as easily be in the third. We won't really know until the second trade is officially announced.
    Last edited by Middenway; 05-14-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    No, it almost certainly won't. The Prayer of Neferu will probably be in the third trade, which will be made up of short minis, one shots and short stories, all featuring covers by Tonči Zonjić (we already know he's doing a bunch of them, and when covers form a set like this, they have always been collected together in the past). As for Tony Masso's Finest Hour, it could go either way. Maybe it'll be in the second trade, but it could just as easily be in the third. We won't really know until the second trade is officially announced.
    haha right, I'm obviously behind on my news, didnt realise Zonjić was doing a full set. Might have to pick them up in single issue form just for that reason!

I definitely think this will be related to Panya- maybe we'll get some insight into why she's...well, "alive" seems a bit strong a term to use, but certainly animated.

Maybe the Brotherhood has a means to animate such things and Panya was an early success?
    Tension, Apprehension, and Dissension have begun.

Yeah, I really hope this story touches on Panya in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Uk View Post
    ...didnt realise Zonjić was doing a full set.
    It was in the Hellmail of The Burning Hand #5.
    Last edited by Middenway; 05-15-2012 at 06:30 PM.