View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimates #10?

Voters
58. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! I can't wait for the next issue.

38 65.52%
  • Good. I enjoy where this is going.

15 25.86%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

3 5.17%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

1 1.72%
  • Awful. I wish I didn't read it.

1 1.72%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Finally was able to read Ultimates 10. I liked it. Loved seeing Sue again. The Baxter Building being rebuild and her wearing a F4 suit tells me she is reassembling a F4 team with her as the leader. I'd love to read it. If Mahr Vehl does becomes a part of this team, I'd like to see Carol Danvers get into it as well. Maybe on one of their adventures she gets her DNA altered and becomes Ultimate Ms Mahr Vehl.

Enough day dreaming, definitely enjoyed the final panel with Modi breaking out of the tree with the hammer. I saw some speculating that Modi is going to come after Thor and be a villain. Maybe down the line, but seriously the heroes need a break. Modi needs to be on the heroes side, at first anyways, because with the Children, People and Nimrods, the good guys need something to give them a fighting chance. Only two more issues till DWF and Reed and company are still pretty strong. Is he just going to chill and fix up the City while DWF happens or is he going to get finished off in the next couple issues?

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    I think that's true of anyone, though. The guy writes mutants, 1000 year old super-geniuses, assassins, and even people of a different gender than himself and yet black people have too different a point of view? For a writer, especially of this genre, that seems like a very odd thing to be hung up on. I don't even think there's anything really about the voice or personas of the characters of Fury or Falcon that are specifically "black." I mean, in a way, I could maybe understand a white writer feeling odd writing some of the things that Luke Cage might say, being this kinda Shaft-ish Harlem guy, but for the most part, I would think you'd just write them like anyone else. Even if you feel they have a different perspective, I think most writers need to be able to write characters that don't necessarily share their same background and ideas.

I don't know. I think that's just kind of weird for him to say.
    I completely agree, I was just about to write the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    It was confirmed in Humphries last interview that he'll be bringing Cap, Thor and Ironman together again as the 'Big 3', along with Hawkeye and Blackwidow. It's an attempt to attract fans of The Avengers movie who don't usually read comics.
    He is doing the movie team minus the Hulk is what I got from the interviews so the question is who replaces the Hulk. Spider-woman or Captain Britain.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    He is doing the movie team minus the Hulk is what I got from the interviews so the question is who replaces the Hulk. Spider-woman or Captain Britain.
    The more Captain Britain, the better. Every team should have a Captain Britain on it.
    Comics are more better.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    The more Captain Britain, the better. Every team should have a Captain Britain on it.
    But then we have like twelve Captain Britains. That's way too many.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    But then we have like twelve Captain Britains. That's way too many.
    The Corps proves that to be wrong. Speaking of which, if Ultimate is now a universe that can be crossed over with, Jaime should definitely go hang out with 616-Brian. Or 1610-Brian should go hang out with his 616-self after 1610-him gets better. #captainbritainismyfavoritecharactermoremoremoremo remoremore
    Comics are more better.

Elder Member

The Corps proves that to be wrong. Speaking of which, if Ultimate is now a universe that can be crossed over with, Jaime should definitely go hang out with 616-Brian. Or 1610-Brian should go hang out with his 616-self after 1610-him gets better. #captainbritainismyfavoritecharactermoremoremoremo remoremore
    Only if the three Hulks can smash together.

Only if the three Hulks can smash together.
    I couldn't give less of shit what the Hulks do. This sounds like a win-win.
    Comics are more better.

Elder Member

I couldn't give less of shit what the Hulks do. This sounds like a win-win.
    EPICNESS AWAITS!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack4x1 View Post
    idk bout hickman's podcast, but I think he writes falcon and fury pretty well
    Agreed!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Black Panther in Fantastic Four.
    Same here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yep. I was starting to think I was the only one who noticed that in the interview. Posters gotta chill and not worry about Thor and Tony.

I'm betting BOTH Jessica and Jamie will make the team. Spiderwoman hasn't had a lot of page time and Captain Britain is said to possess incalculable levels of power, even stronger than She-Hulk. Cap Brit's gona kick some arse in the coming issues just you wait and see.

Hated this book. Nothing really happened but people running around going "Wait... what happened?" for a dozen pages.
    #RallyForMarkHunt

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Definite21 View Post
    ultimate tony making a buncha 616 armor.... i miss the old ultimate armor
    Me too! They should bring it back immediately. I'm loving this book though. I have to say it's my favorite read every month since it started. Just an incredible comic.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Default Whereas I think the comic shows it was Sue all along

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile_17 View Post
    Who do we think the third person is who Tony and Thor need before entering The City?

I don't think he was referring to Sue as at first it looked like he wasn't even going to tell her about Reed.
    Tony has been shown to be experiencing extensive hallucinations. The one shown of a young child seems innocent, but I have no doubt poor Tony is experiencing a cacophony of many visions, at least one of whom is extremely malevolent, but has some good ideas. Funny how that appears to be happening all across the Ultimate universe ...

I interpret the scene as Tony manipulating Sue into joining his expedition. Sue's powers and her history with Reed make her the only candidate to "get underneath that flappy, rubber skin of his."

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post

I recognize that the civilian impact will likely warrant its place in trade once the whole story is available, but for now, I was dissatisfied with having to sit through some random tourists and joggers getting blown up rather than getting to see how the flip America is going to recover from having its entire government wiped out. Hickman's also gonna have to sell me on Flumm's one track mind; I get what he's going for, but his focus on Fury rather than the City feels exceedingly ridiculous in the wake of everything going on.
    Two of the three scenes weren't ordinary civilians, the first two were showing how the callousness of the elites had led to the catastrophic decision to unleash the Sentinels and perhaps to launching all of the nukes vs the City. It is the citizens' responsibility to elect leaders who can avoid these mistakes, or the citizens will suffer the consequences, supposedly innocent or not. That's the price for living in a republic, liberal democracy, whatever.

Since comics is a visual medium, I'm going to guess Flumm's eventual motivation will have something to do with that large scar that is prominently shown on his face every panel we see him. This is not a subtle medium ...