View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimates #10?

Voters
58. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! I can't wait for the next issue.

38 65.52%
  • Good. I enjoy where this is going.

15 25.86%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

3 5.17%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

1 1.72%
  • Awful. I wish I didn't read it.

1 1.72%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    People asking why is sue in her FF uniform: who's to say she hasn't restarted the FF? She has Ben, all she'd need are 2 other members.

(I hope she restarted the FF!)
    Way ahead of you
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

The main thing that I'm curious of is just what that other way into the city that Tony was talking about was.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The main thing that I'm curious of is just what that other way into the city that Tony was talking about was.
    I think the idea is that they treat Reed Richards as a typical comic book villain, get his attention and under his maniac-speech-talk they'll send a virus or so to the City, technology vs. technology.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    aaawe I prefer Johnny in the X-Men :(

Hang on: Johnny DIES in one possible future! Uh oh... If he's not in the new FF, could DWF be his end?

Also: who is member 4? I call Mahr Vel.

(Hooray speculation)
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

I'm not getting this till the weekend. Will someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be so kind as to post a panels with Modi? I'd really appreciate it!!
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Wait, what the diddly? Since when was Ultimates released on the second week of a month and not the last? Why was I not informed!? D=

Goblin Cultist PhilUrich'sFlamingSword's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    People asking why is sue in her FF uniform: who's to say she hasn't restarted the FF? She has Ben, all she'd need are 2 other members.

(I hope she restarted the FF!)
    Me too. Sue, Johnny, Ben, and Marh-Vell. Make it happen, Marvel! And get Mark Millar to write it.
    The Amazing Spider-Man, Avenging Spider-Man, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Daredevil, Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Academy, Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, FF, All Ultimate

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Awesome issue! It was so refreshing to see Sue again, and even more so to see her wearing her classic FF uniform. The story was solid and got me extremely excited for the next issue. Speaking of which, the cover looks absolutely amazing with Tony working on (what I assume is) his newest armor, potentially the one he started working on last issue. The art was really good for the most part, however, being a major Ultimate Thor fan, I'm a little disappointed that the artist gave him the wrong hammer. The one he drew was the poor replica that marvel released, despite not looking anything like the one from the comics (well, I guess now it does, lol). The ending was sweet, and I hope we get Modi all grown up. I'm having a little trouble figuring something out though; Was Asgard downloaded into the City and that's the new program that Reed installed? Or are we seeing Asgard somewhere else entirely, despite the fact that it was destroyed? Also, will Modi be working with or against Reed? If he's leaving the room with no doors, that must mean he's now worthy, however if he's somehow part of the City then how is he worthy?

So many questions! I can't wait for the 30th.
    Asgard has nothing to do with the program. We were brought to the ruins of Asgard.

I'm not sure why people are getting funny about Thor's new hammer not looking exactly like the Hitch one. It's a modified version made by Tony, it's bound to look a bit different.

I swear to God though, they better not kill Tony ='( Why haven't they found magic space medicine which can cure the tumour or something D=. I'm also not sure why Sue's saying the tumour's "back." I'm pretty sure it was back in UAVNU (after being stated to be in remission in New Ultimates iirc) and never went away.

Also, that hallucination of what I assume is his hypothetical son... I seriously hope that his son doesn't exist or come to light as some illegitamate child somewhere... because if Thor and Tony get killed, then that would mean Wolverine, Thor and Iron Man all got replaced by their children and that would be poor writing at its finest...

Wonder what Modi will look like though, since he seems to be a full grown man now, judging by that arm.
    Last edited by Sparrowsabre7; 05-10-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowsabre7 View Post
    Also, that hallucination of what I assume is his hypothetical son... I seriously hope that his son doesn't exist or come to light as some illegitamate child somewhere... because if Thor and Tony get killed, then that would mean Wolverine, Thor and Iron Man all got replaced by their children and that would be poor writing at its finest...
    Son!!? O_o I just thought that was him as a child...

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Asgard has nothing to do with the program. We were brought to the ruins of Asgard.
    Ok, so that brings us to the part of my question about the fact that Asgard is supposed to be destroyed. Or were we mislead and all we really saw was the "portal" closing and now Asgard is just a wasteland where it used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Son!!? O_o I just thought that was him as a child...
    I'm sure it is him as a child. In fact, I'm sure this is the first step to revealing Tony's ACTUAL origin. At the very least we get to see him as a child, which might even tie into his new armor. If I remember correctly the Card Tony was in his teens when he built his first suit so perhaps he will get hallucinations of his older and older self and be inspired to "go back to the basics" with his newest suit design, and voila we get something similar to his original armor, but newer. Sort of like how we recently got an updated version of Thor's original costume. Card's story may have been retconned but since it was changed into a Television show about Tony there must be SOME elements of truth to it, if not exaggerated a bit. Hickman did hint early on that he would be giving Tony a new armor at some point, and he doesn't have much time left to do so.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Ok, so that brings us to the part of my question about the fact that Asgard is supposed to be destroyed. Or were we mislead and all we really saw was the "portal" closing and now Asgard is just a wasteland where it used to be?

I'm sure it is him as a child. In fact, I'm sure this is the first step to revealing Tony's ACTUAL origin. At the very least we get to see him as a child, which might even tie into his new armor. If I remember correctly the Card Tony was in his teens when he built his first suit so perhaps he will get hallucinations of his older and older self and be inspired to "go back to the basics" with his newest suit design, and voila we get something similar to his original armor, but newer. Sort of like how we recently got an updated version of Thor's original costume. Card's story may have been retconned but since it was changed into a Television show about Tony there must be SOME elements of truth to it, if not exaggerated a bit. Hickman did hint early on that he would be giving Tony a new armor at some point, and he doesn't have much time left to do so.
    Well I thought it was one or the other. Bit weird to hold your younger self's hand though. =P

Elder Member

Well I thought it was one or the other. Bit weird to hold your younger self's hand though. =P
    On a ledge that high?

It can go either way, but I personally see Tony hallucinating about himself when he was a kid holding his father's hand and having a similar sort of conversation. Older Tony is now in his father's place, both in the hallucination and in real life (head of Stark Enterprises, rich, etc).

Can someone also refresh my memory, but didn't Stark's brain tumor come back during Death of Spider-Man? How did he get rid of it only to come back like a month later?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

It can go either way, but I personally see Tony hallucinating about himself when he was a kid holding his father's hand and having a similar sort of conversation. Older Tony is now in his father's place, both in the hallucination and in real life (head of Stark Enterprises, rich, etc).

Can someone also refresh my memory, but didn't Stark's brain tumor come back during Death of Spider-Man? How did he get rid of it only to come back like a month later?
    They drained that brain tumor back in Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates.