View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimates #10?

Voters
58. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! I can't wait for the next issue.

38 65.52%
  • Good. I enjoy where this is going.

15 25.86%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

3 5.17%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

1 1.72%
  • Awful. I wish I didn't read it.

1 1.72%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

A
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    im in the middle too, but the problem is with why she broke up with him, in that he choose to save millions of lives instead of staying with her and making sure she was perfetly ok, Self absorbed Narssistic Bitch
    He went off in a fit of jealous rage and you know it. Instead of automatically blaming Namor he could have stayed and saved millions of lives from home he decided to waste time and go after someone who had nothing to do with it based on a hunch.

Review is up!

And for those of you wondering, the Secretary of Energy is 15th in line if the President dies. Among the thousands in DC, we can confirm the deaths of:

President
    Vice President
    Speaker of the House
    President pro tempore of the Senate
    Secretary of State
    of the Treasury
    of Defense
    Attourney General
    of the Interior
    of Agriculture
    of Commerce
    of Labor
    of Health and Human Services
    of Housing and Urban Development
    of Transportation
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

So where is the Ultimate X-Men thread. I quite liked the issue today.

Quote Originally Posted by Static-Pulse View Post
    I think a lot of people blame her breaking up with Reed as the turning point for his descent. From what I've read (here but mostly on /co/), Sue was Reed's single point of faith in humanity, and her rejection destroyed any real connection he had to what most consider society. Personally, while I can see their point, I think people come down a bit harsh on her for wanting to live her life as more than an extension of Reed.
    she also tried to kill him by blowing up his bead and the stuff between her and namor.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post
    Cover to issue 11
    I really hope it's a new armor that looks similar to the original Hitch design.

Quote Originally Posted by superchick View Post
    Yes, the connection between 'I need a Doctor' and taking him to Sue was tenuous at best especially as Thor's GF is an actual nurse who presumably knows Doctors.
    Tony doesn't know any of the doctors that Jane would take him to.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Why are they even rebuilding the Baxter Building? That place is like a huge arrow that says we have awesome stuff so if anyone wants to steal it or blow it up its right here.
    You mean like the Triskelion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nox View Post
    He's stayed gray since the first Ultimates series, right?
    When colored correctly, yes.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Wonder if the cover to issue 12 might actually be accurate after all :) Maybe its even Modi, which would be interesting to have essentially both versions of Thor active.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    You mean like the Triskelion?
    At least the Treskilion has defenses in place and it's out in the ocean. Why isn't the Baxter building part of the Tresklion. It would save civilian lives if attacked.

BANNED

The issue was great. And it was really well paced too.

A lot of Posters on here are worried that Thor might die. Relax! Sam Humphries confirmed yesterday that his run will feature Cap, Tony, Thor, Fury, Monica and Clint as his core team members, similarly to The Avengers movie. I expect Captain Britain will be on the team too.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Hands down the best issue since the relaunch!
    Rhodes wasn't a prick, seeing the actually destruction of DC was REALLY freaking cool and helped really build into the spectacle and disaster of it all, Flumm is a VERY creepy man, Tony is having a mental breakdown, SUSAN GRIMM!!!, and Modi! The art was leagues above Ribic and Humphries is the perfect writer for this book!

Story: 10/10
    Art: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10

@Plawsky UCTU is FINALLY better than UCSM, still a VERY close race though.
    wyokid... We love you lol.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    The issue was great. And it was really well paced too.

A lot of Posters on here are worried that Thor might die. Relax! Sam Humphries confirmed yesterday that his run will feature Cap, Tony, Thor, Fury, Monica and Clint as his core team members, similarly to The Avengers movie. I expect Captain Britain will be on the team too.
    How about Spider-Woman? I rather hope she and Jamie stick around. They didn't do that much and seeing them shuffled off permanently when Humphries takes over would be a real bummer.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    wyokid... We love you lol.
    I'm just happy that we can all agree that this issue was good. GHASP! So this is what it feels like to belong!

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    So where is the Ultimate X-Men thread. I quite liked the issue today.
    Just posted it a minute ago. Moving on...

I liked this issue, but the Agent Flumm stuff was kinda weird. I am looking forward to seeing Fury and him square off though. I agree completely with Plawsky about the art, there are flashes of awesomness and streaks of awkwardness.

Seeing Sue again wasn't horrible since she didn't really take on her whiny persona until learning about Reed, but WTF is with the FF costume? I'm sad that Hickman is leaving, but it looks like Humphries will be a good replacement.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I liked almost everything except Sue. Why would she still be wearing the FF uniform.
    I can't wait to see what The City is now capable of doin.
    Plus Modi's arm is a lot bigger then when he went in.
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

I feel like I could kick a house down right now. Seeing Modi's arm burst out of the world tree made me shout like a crazy person. This is so awesome. Just seeing finally seeing Sue again is so damn cool. I'll agree with some of you about the random people getting blown up but the rest of the issue was SO DAMN GOOD. We even got to see Rhodes again. Oh my god, guys. This is so awesome.
    Comics are more better.

And actually, I'm going to retract my previous statement. Viewed piecemeal, the DC scenes feel kinda like a waste of space, but I think that you've really gotta lump them up with the War Machine and Secretary Howard scene just prior. After that it's more like, "holy crap! The SECRETARY OF ENERGY is being sworn in!? What the hell happened!?!?" And then all you see is the crater that used to be Washington DC. It works really well for what it's trying to accomplish, and I have no doubt that the political instability caused by Reed will continue to be addressed by Hickman as we see SHIELD attempt to mount a response. In retrospect, my desire to see that right away was probably putting the story wagon in front of the horse so to speak .

I still need something extraordinary to happen with Flumm by the time Hickman wraps up though, especially if we're meant to believe this is a shared universe and Flumm's also dealing with the Sentinel situation. I mean really, something more than a political takeover better be going on here, because otherwise his behavior thus far has been grossly irresponsible -_-'.

Also, I'm digging Ross' use of "widescreen" panels, even if some of his characters were a little wonky throughout :).
    Last edited by taylor51; 05-09-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already