Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Can we all just agree that R'chel had some fabulous hair in this issue? She must have found some old pictures of Maddie lying around and decided to find her hair dresser
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    Can we all just agree that R'chel had some fabulous hair in this issue? She must have found some old pictures of Maddie lying around and decided to find her hair dresser

Rogue's hair has been great as of late too. Nice, big and poofy, like it's supposed to be.

What happened on the last page of this issue? The digital version is missing it, and I didn't realize until Gage said something on Twitter.
    XPOTM:September 2010

The mutant restoration vs the destruction of the world is not the issue. That's the Avengers assumption of how this plays out. Scott and several of the X-Men have made a point to remind us (as the PHoenix experts) if the Phoenix wanted to destroy Earth, it would be destroyed, which is there assumption. The story has not proven one side or the other wrong or right yet, so all we can judge is the teams on the reactions they taken to the event so far given their different point of views.

Avengers = Trying to police the X-Men, invading their homes, and keeping them restrained so they don't get involve.
    The X-Men = Trying to make sure Hope is not taken away merely for what she could do.
    Wolverine = Trying to kill a redhead.

I just don't see any reason to consider the Avengers are even remotely right, because they're handling this all extremelly poorly considering the X-Men's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    What happened on the last page of this issue? The digital version is missing it, and I didn't realize until Gage said something on Twitter.
    don't know. I got my issue off of comixology. Based on the comments from this thread Iron Man was visible in the last page

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hellion BLEEDS.
    So dumb. Why Marvel? Why?
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

don't know. I got my issue off of comixology. Based on the comments from this thread Iron Man was visible in the last page
    Lol, I love Tony, but he's a c-word.

Lol, Tony's such an asswhipe. <3

He'd be cooler if he were blue and silver.

All of the Avengers this issue were jerks. I expect it from the other two, but not Falcon. War is hell. But Rogue was cool at the end.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Illustrator of Stuff Ebonyleopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You're acting like its one or the other though. The Earth being destroyed doesn't help either team, so why wouldn't the X-Men work to prevent that too?
    Exactly my point. They've gone holier than thou, tunnel visioned instead of seeing the big picture. They're taking the "They're persecuting the mutants" line a bit too far (and let's not forget, it's not like the Avengers don't have mutants on their team either, and probably have done more public relations positive for Mutant acceptance when they accepted Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in a public fashion while Prof. X was still having the OG team hide out in the shadows [I can't believe I'm defending the Avengers, that's how twisted the logic of this story is].
    Creator of Extinctioners published by www.angryvikingpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonyleopard View Post
    Exactly my point. They've gone holier than thou, tunnel visioned instead of seeing the big picture. They're taking the "They're persecuting the mutants" line a bit too far (and let's not forget, it's not like the Avengers don't have mutants on their team either, and probably have done more public relations positive for Mutant acceptance when they accepted Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in a public fashion while Prof. X was still having the OG team hide out in the shadows [I can't believe I'm defending the Avengers, that's how twisted the logic of this story is].

No. My point is why the Avengers assume the X-men are cool with the planet being destroyed. They've shown no trust in their ability to deal with the Phoenix, and went and tried to forcibly take Hope, thus causing this whole thing.

Yes. It's just Iron Man swooping in.
    Although, the way Falcon and the others were referring to the matter, I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out to be just an Iron man suit on autopilot.

also, while I've never been a bigtime Iceman fan, he was a fucking rockstar in this issue.

Illustrator of Stuff Ebonyleopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The mutant restoration vs the destruction of the world is not the issue. That's the Avengers assumption of how this plays out. Scott and several of the X-Men have made a point to remind us (as the PHoenix experts) if the Phoenix wanted to destroy Earth, it would be destroyed, which is there assumption. The story has not proven one side or the other wrong or right yet, so all we can judge is the teams on the reactions they taken to the event so far given their different point of views.

Avengers = Trying to police the X-Men, invading their homes, and keeping them restrained so they don't get involve.
    The X-Men = Trying to make sure Hope is not taken away merely for what she could do.
    Wolverine = Trying to kill a redhead.

I just don't see any reason to consider the Avengers are even remotely right, because they're handling this all extremelly poorly considering the X-Men's history.
    Scott was fooled for years by the Phoenix when he thought it was Jean and even then he was powerless against it and didn't understand the power even up to the point when it killed itself, totally ignored it when Rachael had it as he tried everything he could to not have anything to do with her (in fact left the team shortly after she joined thanks to the Butt kicking Storm gave him), had even less to do with her when she was with Excaliber and possessed the Phoenix force, again wasn't around when Jean (proper) reclaimed the power of the Phoenix (which saved her and Logan from being sent into the sun, and that only happened when Logan had to kill her for her very official first death), and only recently really had any first hand experience against it in Phoenix Warsong Endsong. So I'm sorry, as someone who's read all of Scott's encounters with the Phoenix calling HIM an expert on it is laughable. Maybe Kitty. Definitely Logan (since he's always had to be the one to ultimately do Scott's dirty work when he couldn't), and Rachael most definitely (though even she had her problems and it just up and left her for no real reason she can figure out while up in space so even her knowledge of what it's current beef is isn't all that reassuring).

The Avengers have currently the for most experts on their teams when it comes to first hand dealing with it either physically (Logan) and scientifically (Beast) and if even they can't handle it. And only reason it never destroyed the Earth is because it thought itself in love with Scott. Since the last time Scott encountered it he basically tried killing it, I'm not so sure this time (a Phoenix spurned) is a good thing (at least in the minds of Beast and Logan I'd assume). (And considering the X-Men's history of harboring mass murderers in the public's eye, looking at you Magneto who's now been on the team twice after being thought to have done something horrific) Can you really blame them?

And sure, there's still a lot more story to go and I really do hope things show to be better, but as of right now, I'm just not buying what Scott is selling. She's sounding more Magneto than Magneto right now.
    Creator of Extinctioners published by www.angryvikingpress.com

Everything you've said is wrong on so many different levels