Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 699
  1. #106

    Default

    Hold on, am I missing a page?? The last page of the comic for me has Iron Man (?) saying that he told Falcon to only call him in case of an emergency ... and it ends like that (not even a "to be continued" line)?

  2. #107
    Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Beast already knows. It was implied when Logan and Hank kissed goodbye last issue of WATXM.

    Hopefully, Remydat's complaints were addressed this issue when they were told to stay off campus.
    I was not complaining. I simply pointed out that the Avengers were not trepassing. As this issue showed when they were told to leave compass, THEY COMPLIED.

  3. #108
    d.a.y.l.i.g.h.t. goneandromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    whatevs
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    this is differnt, in normal peace time i would not agree with such, but this is war time and thease people have a personal stake in this, that will if given the chance harm innocents cus they beleive they are in the right. (have you read the last ultimate x-men, theres a good example of mutants that have a choice to do the right thing and dont)
    "Normal Peace Time" is a myth, especially for mutants, and if this is more of a "war time" than usual then it's a "war time" that the Avengers have manufactured and foisted upon the mutant race. And what indication do you have that the Utopian students would go out harming innocents at random "just because?" Or even the X-Men for that matter, where's the source text that implies that they're going out just randomly harming people for funsies or political stake? I think that Utopia's press release covered that very well.

    They could level every city in the Western Hemisphere, but they're not.

    All they're trying to do is control a situation wherein they have the most at stake, the best resources and the more equipped individuals with which to deal with said situation.

  4. #109
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    lol after he punched him in the face. This question has to be asked, how old are you?
    21, yes cap was dickish but Punching him in the face is not on the same level as trying to slash some ones stomach open

  5. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    would you do that to police officers?
    I'd probably sue the pants off those police officers considering they had literally no right to be there, no legal case for being there and the flimsiest 'what if' scenario to motivate them. And guess what? I'd win that law suite and make a killing for myself too. :)

  6. #111
    d.a.y.l.i.g.h.t. goneandromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    whatevs
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    would you do that to police officers?
    If they showed up on my front lawn because of what I am instead of who I am with no evidence that I'm any part of a threat? You bet your ass I'd be out there with a camera and a lawyer on the phone.

  7. #112
    Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,778

    Default

    Frenzy steals the show, indeed. Her cold-cocking Moon Knight was easily one of the best moments... especially because she was totally right about his hypocrisy, and then he literally crossed the line...

    Sandoval's art, especially on the flashbacks of Rogue owning the Avengers' collective asses, was stellar,

    As far as Christos Gage goes, he's doing a remarkable job of dropping continuity references in this book. The Frenzy/She-Hulk past encounter was one thing, Rogue's past with the Avengers is of course, well documented... but the man also takes a moment to reference Mimic vs. Hulk from ages ago and Glob Herman goes "Inhuman Torch" like he hasn't since the original Riot at Xavier's. Keep 'em coming, Gage. They're all a a treat.

    CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

    X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

  8. #113
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goneandromeda View Post
    If they showed up on my front lawn because of what I am instead of who I am with no evidence that I'm any part of a threat? You bet your ass I'd be out there with a camera and a lawyer on the phone.
    Schools are a governmental/public setting police officers can go to if they wish.

    but thats the thing What you and They are gives you reason and cause to commit crimes or unatceptable acts whitch need be prevented in this situation that has developed and they are there for who they are also as the mutants are x-men and the x-men have become an enemy
    and if the avengers did not do something along thease lines to prevent thoose acts then the public would later call them irresponsible and that they are not protecting the world witch is what there whole purpose is

  9. #114
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a pirate ship
    Posts
    17,664

    Default

    This was amazing! IT'S THE REAL ROUGE! SHE'S BACK! and Hellion may be dead!

  10. #115
    Judgment Awaits LordAllMighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    5,108

    Default

    Frenzy, I mean Old Rogue was my girl today, she put a smile on my face. When she put that line on the ground, I was like I love you. She even showed some restrain by not killing Moon Knight with her first attack

    I liked everything about this book, except the part with Rogue absorbing Moon Knight through his mask.
    Destiny's Child - "If" - Here

  11. #116
    Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    This was Gage's best showing to date. We finally got a sense for how the other characters feel and the issue didn't just revolve around Rogue. Rachel and Iceman got their own voices and even Gambit got at least one of his testicles back temporarily. Frenzy actually resembled the fucking nutjob she usually is but still had enough control to provoke someone even crazier into crossing the line first. Of course in so doing she effectively endangered the kids but it's fucking Frenzy she is a danger to the kids from just being there.

    The next issue is setting up to be a pretty good one and hopefully Gage can continue in this vein and let each of the characters have a spotlight.

  12. #117
    d.a.y.l.i.g.h.t. goneandromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    whatevs
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    Schools are a governmental/public setting police officers can go to if they wish.

    but thats the thing What you and They are gives you reason and cause to commit crimes or unatceptable acts whitch need be prevented in this situation that has developed and they are there for who they are also as the mutants are x-men and the x-men have become an enemy
    and if the avengers did not do something along thease lines to prevent thoose acts then the public would later call them irresponsible and that they are not protecting the world witch is what there whole purpose is
    A. It's a private school, not a public one. They have zero justification.
    B. Your logic is so, so, so flawed. Just because the Utopia X-Men have declared a side in this conflict doesn't mean that the JGS is an automatic threat. I'm fairly certain that a good number of the JGS X-Men wouldn't do anything except teach classes if the Avengers hadn't sent in an intel squad that features a trigger-happy psychopath. It's like sending a violence-seeking riot squad into a peaceful Mosque during worship time because a radical fringe group blew something up on the other side of the country.
    C. The Avengers aren't preventing ANYTHING. If anything they're creating social arenas and frameworks in which violence is the only language spoken. They are, in fact, enabling and creating the exact situations you claim they're there to prevent.

  13. #118
    Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    Schools are a governmental/public setting police officers can go to if they wish.

    but thats the thing What you and They are gives you reason and cause to commit crimes or unatceptable acts whitch need be prevented in this situation that has developed and they are there for who they are also as the mutants are x-men and the x-men have become an enemy
    and if the avengers did not do something along thease lines to prevent thoose acts then the public would later call them irresponsible and that they are not protecting the world witch is what there whole purpose is
    I don't have a problem with the Avengers showing up as they have a reasonable basis to. And frankly when they were told to leave campus, they complied. The problem was who the Avengers sent. Falcon was the only Avenger who appeared to have anything bordering on common sense and retraint. It is probably not a good idea to have someone with multiple personalities be one of the people sent to a SCHOOL WITH KIDS given Moon Knights dubious background. And lo and behold, Moon Knight is stupid enough to let Frenzy provoke him. When you let yourself get outsmarted by Frenzy then you were probably not fit for the job.

  14. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    Schools are a governmental/public setting police officers can go to if they wish.

    but thats the thing What you and They are gives you reason and cause to commit crimes or unatceptable acts whitch need be prevented in this situation that has developed and they are there for who they are also as the mutants are x-men and the x-men have become an enemy
    and if the avengers did not do something along thease lines to prevent thoose acts then the public would later call them irresponsible and that they are not protecting the world witch is what there whole purpose is
    The school is a private one - and no, the police cannot simply go if they wish, which is why the Avengers remained off-campus after Kitty told them to get out. Until, you know, they didn't.

    This logic is faulty. By that line of reasoning, anyone who ever has the potential to pose a threat (AKA, everyone, humans included 'cause god knows those blighters kill more than anything else) need to be constantly policed. I mean, if you're okay with Orwellian facism, cool, but get that shit outta here.

    You seem to be forgetting, too that the mutants are PART of the world. Why the hell would they want to do something that would result in their own destruction/decimation when they have continually proven that they will not only fight for their own existence, but for the continued existence of humankind as well?

  15. #120
    Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goneandromeda View Post
    A. It's a private school, not a public one. They have zero justification.
    B. Your logic is so, so, so flawed. Just because the Utopia X-Men have declared a side in this conflict doesn't mean that the JGS is an automatic threat. I'm fairly certain that a good number of the JGS X-Men wouldn't do anything except teach classes if the Avengers hadn't sent in an intel squad that features a trigger-happy psychopath. It's like sending a violence-seeking riot squad into a peaceful Mosque during worship time because a radical fringe group blew something up on the other side of the country.
    C. The Avengers aren't preventing ANYTHING. If anything they're creating social arenas and frameworks in which violence is the only language spoken. They are, in fact, enabling and creating the exact situations you claim they're there to prevent.
    Private schools are still subject to government oversight and the State Board of Education not that the Avengers are their representatives. And frankly it is reasonable to keep an eye on them as proven by the fact that Rachel and Iceman and possibly others will in fact join Cyke's side. It simply would have been stupid from a strategy standpoint not to send someone to the school. The issue was they sent the wrong people. Falcon was under control and complied with the arrangement Kitty suggested while Moon Knight was a fucking idiot and She Hulk to a lesser extent. The Avengers should have sent less hotheaded idiots.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •