Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default X-Men Legacy #266 (SAM, IT'S OK): Review and Spoilers.

This was pretty good!

Frenzy stole the show here. While all the X-Men are trying to contain themselves not to get into a fight with She-Hulk, Falcon and Moon Knight (who are big douchebags, by the way), she takes matters into her own hands.

The X-Men have a meeting where Rachel and Iceman say they'll go with Cyclops. The rest decides to stay and keep the school safe. Before leaving, Iceman tells Rogue she shouldn't sit this fight out, which we all agree.

The Avengers arrive. Kitty tells them they aren't welcome inside the school so they agree to stay outside of it, watching with binoculars. Frenzy goes all the way to where they are and says she'll be watching them as well ("I only teach gym. I'm done for the day" lol). Then she starts taking shots at Moon Knight until he loses his temp and attacks her, CROSSING THE DIVISED LINE. The students see all this through the window and try to help Frenzy (Glob, Hellion and Match). She-Hulk thinks she's being attacked by a monster (Glob lit by Match) and claps her hands, hurting the three of them. Hellion BLEEDS. Rogue then goes ballistic and attacks She-Hulk and Moon Knight. Iron Man appears in the end to help his buddies out.

Rogue spends the issue being conflicted about the whole thing, asking Gambit what he thinks she should do. Seriously, enough with that. She's Rogue! Not that long ago, she'd be doing exactly what Frenzy is doing. So it was great to see her letting go of her "maturity" or whatever we call it at the end.

But yeah, thumbs up for Frenzy.

BANNED

"watching with binoculars."

She-Hulk better watch that temper. It'd be a shame for her to go all Avengers Disassembled on one of those kids.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    She-Hulk better watch that temper. It'd be a shame for her to go all Avengers Disassembled on one of those kids.
    she's just angry bc the red one gets the top-billing at marvel these days, while she has sit around spying on little children.

So Gambit leaves according to WatXM but stays in Legacy? Makes perfect sense.

BANNED

Looks like Gage or Aaron or someone got a bit mixed up with Gambit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He's ambivalent.

Loved when Frenzy called She-Hulk a "human cow."

Only Rachel and Bobby were actually shown leaving in WatXM, though. Chamber & Gambit have decided to fight, but want to make sure the kids are settled first, is what I drew from reading both.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Chamber, too. I think this Legacy arc simply takes place before WATXM #10.

So does Chamber do anything in this issue besides stand around in the background and help Hellion while the others do the actual fighting...?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    she's just angry bc the red one gets the top-billing at marvel these days, while she has sit around spying on little children.

Nah, She-Hulk is still better than Red one. But gotta say this issue was quite enjoyable, but i still wanted to see Gambit fighting Moon Knight. Well Can't wait for the Cap vs. Gambit match.

BANNED

Let's be real, Gambit fans. In a fair fight, Moon Knight would cripple Gambit and slice off his face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Nah, She-Hulk is still better than Red one.
    lol UNTRUE

About the most out of character appearance I have seen is seeing Iron Mon come to the rescue of the Avengers in this issue. He would be the last person I would imagine for the role of the pinch hitter. Stark looked like the Crimson Dynamo - a man in an iron suit. It didn't feel like Stark, and could have been any generic suited up character. I thought it was a very poor use of Iron Man, and that may have been just because of the art. But the dialogue and action didn't fit with what I consider is Iron Man, in the light of all that went on in Civil War and the Initiative years. Steve Rogers may have got his way and told Iron Man he has to be a grunt from now on, because that's all Stark was in this.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

I love the moment where Rogue begins lose it.

She-Hulk: I saw a monster!
    Rogue: 'course you did.

I also like that Frenzy was pretty much the one who moved the plot along.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I love the moment where Rogue begins lose it.

She-Hulk: I saw a monster!
    Rogue: 'course you did.
    That was a pretty great moment.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 05-09-2012 at 08:55 AM.