Default how would you rank each of the Green Lantern books and where is a good jump on point.

So the only line I'm not reading a book form is the GL line and I'm in the mood for something spacy wacy superhero stuff. I'm as a whole mostly intreasted in the corps and the different remembers and ghat was my favorite book during the old green lantern stuff.
    Also which book was dealing with the first lantern and the cool dragon creature that was under Ow from WOTGL.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

I don't read any of them, but I did have this thread (http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ch-is-the-best) where they were ranked:

1st = Green Lantern
    2nd = Green Lantern: New Guardians
    3rd = Red Lanterns
    4th = Green Lantern Corps(e).

And I'm assuming the various New 52 issue 1's (or the trade paperbacks coming out this year) would be a good starting point. Green Lantern Vol. 1: Sinestro is coming out this month.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 05-08-2012 at 06:50 PM.

GL: New Guardians is the most cosmic of the bunch. GL Corps is about war crimes and GL is Sinestro and his sidekick. I wouildt know about RL.

I recommend New Guardians.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

1. New Guardians
    2. Green Lantern
    3. Corps
    4. Red Lantern - only read the first issue, didn't like it, and haven't looked back.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I've only read Red Lanterns and Green Lantern Corps. Of those, I would recommend Red Lanterns. I got kind of tired of Milligan's writing style, but the book is at least average. The first issue of GLC was great, but then it went downhill after that. I just didn't think the writing was that strong.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

For purely GLC-centric stuff:

Start with Green Lantern: Rebirth, then Green Lantern: Recharge. From there you can jump straight into the GLC Volume 2 series. Around issue #14 there's some crossover story arc with the main GL title and some other titles and one-shots called Sinestro War that is worth getting. Afterwards, just continue on with the GLC series. Issues #39-47 involve another crossover DC-wide story arc called Blackest Night...I would say that the arc itself is skippable, and that any characters, plots, and concepts introduced here (which are a lot) will still be re-introduced/explained when relevant to post-Blackest Night GLC-centric stories. After issue #47 you should start to pickup GL: Emerald Warriors alongside GLC (especially because at this point the creative team for GLC completely moves over to GL:EW). These two series will lead into the GL family titles' crossover, War of the Green Lanterns, which is pretty GLC-intensive and will also require you to get the related GL series tie-ins. After this arc immediately runs into the massive DC reboot, where you can pick up pretty much all the GL titles, which number in 4 now: GL, GLC, GL:New Guardians, and Red Lanterns. At the moment they are all contributing towards some common GLC-centric event (even Red Lanterns, though at the moment seemingly superficially).

If you'd also like to read about Hal's solo adventures just add in the GL (Volume 4) series right after GL: Rebirth starting alongside GL: Recharge. The rest of the order should be the same as above.

Again, it's just my opinion, but the Blackest Night stuff is basically the plot of any Mortal Kombat game and skippable. That said, I recall any of the titles under the banner of "Prelude to Blackest Night" were great.

The book dealing with the "cool dragon creature" under Oa was GL: Emerald Warriors, although this story was again flowing through GLC and GL as well. The First Lantern was mentioned in GL:EW first, I think? But it doesn't really matter...it was first mentioned in the WotGL arc, so I'm sure it was mentioned in GL and GLC as well.

Well ive read all of the Johns GL run and the side books expect maybe a few things. But the last thing GL related I read was the War of the green lantern arc.

Reading that thread majorhoy posted makes me sad. One of my favorite things about the corps book was its focus on an ensamble cast and having a mix of corps veterans and rookies. Having the ring go tl anyone and not just people with strong will at the end of war of the green lanterns could have been some great stories. That and I really don't care about having more than one earth tl and I get enough of guy in my JLI book.

So its a toss up between NG and GL.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

The new main GL book is great. I mean it's pretty much more of the same from Johns but the Hal / Sinestro dynamic is really entertaining, very good character work for both of them, and Johns has brought in some really badass light constructs throughout the series so far. Mahnke's art is also some of the best I've seen from him.

The other 3 GL books are crap, the main GL title is the only one buy-worthy IMO. Just start from the first issue.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

i personally got burned out on GL books even before the relaunch, so im not picking up any of them. but if you're looking for places to jump on or catch up you're gonna have to get most of Johns' GL run. Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War (awesome!), and the other arc that introduce the various Corps.

i may jump bak on just to find out what the hell is up with the Indigo tribe.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

For me:
    1) Green Lantern - it continues the storyline that Johns is doing and explores the whole thing with the Emotional Spectrum
    2) New Guardians - kind of has that feeling of when Kyle was the only Green Lantern and had his adventures plus its the most cosmic of the group and seems to be going into interesting territory
    3) Green Lantern Corps - everything about the Corps, what they are doing in the mean time and just fulfilling their role as cosmic enforcers with a lot of bumps along the way
    4) Red Lanterns - I am a bit disappointed with this title to be honest, storyline was very very slow though its picking up now though parts of it just don't make much sense
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!