Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Jedah would bow as Straw Man made his presence known. “Welcome, it's a honor to see a Fear Lord grace us with its presence.”

Near the entrance to the dining hall the players could now find a map.

Showing the floor plans of the mansion, just in case anyone wanted to go do some exploring.
    "Well if the rest of this place is as dusty as the foyer was I have a lot of work to do!" Roll said, looking at the map.
    "Bless your heart, Roll, but you don't have ta-" she stopped talking when Roll sent a wink Rogue's way, returning it. "Aha. Well, Ah better go with you, hunny. We have killers about." Rogue replied, and the pair would start a thorough 'cleaning' of the mansion, starting with the rooms on the first floor.

Last edited by michalecs; 05-12-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Jedah would bow as Straw Man made his presence known. “Welcome, it's a honor to see a Fear Lord grace us with its presence.”
    I do wish otherwise, but thank you for your hospitality.

"For a 'Fear Lord' you should are polite. Heh, then again, you know what they say about the nice ones."
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by Straw Man & Gene View Post
    I do wish otherwise, but thank you for your hospitality.

"For a 'Fear Lord' you should are polite. Heh, then again, you know what they say about the nice ones."
    Jedah was just about to reply to the duo when the crystal orb shone a bright red color. “It appears my agents have made a guess...It seems however that they were wrong.”

OOC: Sigh. This is late. RL made SURE of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hibiki View Post
    Takes Place Before The Update
    "Oh man, let me tell you, going to court is no joke. One time, I was actually sued by Dhalsim of all people because of some bogus claim that the Saikyo Arts ripped off his Yoga. I mean, we don't even do any stretching or blow fire out of mouths!"
    "So, professional fighters can claim exclusive rights to their fighting styles?" Betty asked.

Lotta chimed in. "Hey, if those Troupe Gramarye magician folks can claim exclusive rights to certain tricks, and their old man holdin' out on lettin' 'em do certain tricks until he either gives his say-so or he kicks the bucket, I reckon those fightin' guys can do similiar stuff."

"I suppose. But it can't be easy deciding on those cases in court." Betty replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    However, upon hearing from his coworker and ex-girlfriend (not that she knew it), the webhead immediately turned to her and tried to assure her that things would work out. "Hang on, slow down a second Miss Brant. So JJJ's been accused of killing a guy who wasn't me? And now Cthulhu's granny is trying to make the universe take one where the sun doesn't shine? That's quite a problem we've got here....."

Grimacing beneath his mask, Spidey continued, "While I do have experience dealing with that Kassidy, I only managed to beat him by teaming up with Iron Man. Rest assured, though, I'll do everything I can to keep him in check and stop things here from getting too crazy."
    "Thank you." Betty replied. "I think right now, the Chaos Lord and this 'game' are what we should focus on."

Betty knew that, as concerned as she was about Jameson, she could not do anything for him now. She could only hope that Phoenix Wright would prove his innocence in court. For now, she had this to 'game' to focus on. Jedah had promised the group that there would be murders...

OOC: Sigh. RL was HORRIFIED at my possibly posting this on time, so one thing kept coming up after another.

{Music: Umineko 'Hai Yoru Fuan' aka 'Creeping Anxiety'. Alternately, anything from 'Resident Evil' that fits the situation}

Quote Originally Posted by The Update View Post
    Everything seemed to be going rather well excluding some minor scuffles here and there of course, but that was to be expected with a group this varied though. Then it happened.

The lights flickered slightly before the entire room would be engulfed in a thick blackness where nothing could be seen.

"Nobody panic." The players could hear Jedah calming them through the darkness. "It will be all over soon."

Suddenly a muffled scream followed by a loud crack sound and then silence. After that the black veil would be removed from the players eyes and they would be met by a rather morbid scene.

From the balcony a rope had been tied and at the end of it would be BBA Mega Man hanging a few feet from the ground. The crack they had heard had been the washed up Digger's neck that had snapped. Under his body the players would find a note saying "I CANNOT LIVE LIKE THIS!"

"Suicide?" Jedah mused curiously. "Never mind, I detect a faint life sign, no doubt his partner. Follow me." Jedah spoke as he hovered up to the second floor and entered the large door in the middle.

After a quick inspection of the room's (and a quick dispatching of a stray zombie in the corridor) they would find D-Man in the bathroom inside a bathtub filled with water, looking like he'd received some burn marks on his body. "It appears the strain was too much for the poor man's heart. He too has perished." Leading them back to the main entrance the players would find the body of Mega Man missing. One of the players would run back to the bathroom to find that D-Man's body too had gone missing.

"The traitors have struck." Jedah replied as everyone were gathered at the entrance. "Now you must vote on who you think could be the murderers among you. You will not be alone however, for I have two agents among you with the power to make their guess..." Jedah would reveal to them a crystal ball. "This item will shine blue if they guessed correctly or shine red if they guessed wrong." He'd look towards the players. "Good luck, you will most certainly need it."
    {Music: 'Investigation Core'}

Betty was all-too acquainted with murder and violence. Her husband, Ned Leeds, had been murdered by assassins. And her brother, Bennet, was shot to death by Blackie Gaxton in front of her. But whether the victim was someone she knew or a complete stranger, murder still filled her with revulsion.

Lotta, meanwhile, snapped a few photos. "Lotta! At a time like this?" Betty exclaimed.

"Yer a reporter, City Gal!" Lotta replied. "Ya know as well as I do that times like this are perfect for snapping up shots!"

After they were led back to the main entrance, however, Lotta was more subdued. "Now I remember why I switched to celebrity photography. Curses and ghosts and chaos lords and stuff comin' to get ya ... This is just too much, I say."

"Have you been in a situation like this before?" Betty asked.

"Sure was. A year or so ago in Kurain Village, I was there when some doctor was murdered durin' a spirit channeling. But on the bright side, I took some great pictures! And I took some hot pictures here, too!"

Lotta perked up. "My journalistic sense is tingling! That Jedah said we're here ta be 'scribes' or whatever, and this is the story! Out of my way! I'm gonna nab me the scoop of the century!"

She quickly turned toward the scene of the false Mega Man's hanging, only to discover that the body was gone. "Hey, what happened to the body?"!" She took some photos of the balcony where the rope had been tied, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    Mega Man shook his head. "I'll never get like that sis, Ill never be like that fraud! I don't think Ultron did it though since he seems like the type to gloat like your friend said"
    "I reckon so." Lotta chimed in. "He and that red guy seem ta be the kind to brag about such stuff. Can't see a metal fella like him hangin' a guy."

Betty spoke up. "We can't rule out anyone. Whoever is behind the murders made the 'Traitors' keep their role a secret. That's the whole point of this 'game'."

{Music: Roll's Theme}

Quote Originally Posted by Roll and Rogue View Post
    "Well if the rest of this place is as dusty as the foyer was I have a lot of work to do!" Roll said, looking at the map.
    "Bless your heart, Roll, but you don't have ta-" she stopped talking when Roll sent a wink Rogue's way, returning it. "Aha. Well, Ah better go with you, hunny. We have killers about." Rogue replied, and the pair would start a thorough 'cleaning' of the mansion, starting with the rooms on the first floor.

"Hey, you!" Lotta called out. "Don't ya know this creepy ole mansion is no place to be wanderin' around?"

"I don't know who Roll is, but I know Rogue is a member of the X-Men. I think they can take care of themselves." Betty said.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 05-12-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    {Music: Roll's Theme}

"Hey, you!" Lotta called out. "Don't ya know this creepy ole mansion is no place to be wanderin' around?"

"I don't know who Roll is, but I know Rogue is a member of the X-Men. I think they can take care of themselves." Betty said.

"You don't have to worry about us gals. Y'all keep yourselves safe." Rogue confirmed.
    "Yep! We're perfectly capable of handling any meanies that come our way!" Roll chimed in, as the pair began to travel together, looking for anything that could be a clue, starting with the first floor then heading up to the second.

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

"They're DEAD?! WAGH! That's awful!" Donald stared plaintively up at Sersi with wide eyes. [color="#0000CD"]"Sersi, [i]why would anybody wanna do that?"[/quote] Sersi reached down and gently patted Donald's head. "Don't fret, dear, I'll keep you safe! And buck up! After all, you fought in World War II! You're a fearless duck, right?" Donald held his head up then, his chest puffed a little as he remembered his days of "heroism" in the War! "Yeah!"
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

Upon hearing the harsh-sounding speech to his far left, Nero turned his gaze there and took a step back.

"The hell? ..... A talking duck? Great. Now we just need Dante in a ballerina outfit and I'll have seen everything."

Default The Great Arrival of the Inquisitor: Franziska von Karma

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue and Roll View Post
    "You don't have to worry about us gals. Y'all keep yourselves safe." Rogue confirmed.
    "Yep! We're perfectly capable of handling any meanies that come our way!" Roll chimed in, as the pair began to travel together, looking for anything that could be a clue, starting with the first floor then heading up to the second.
    "Let us know if you find anything." Betty replied.

WHIP-CRACK!

Betty leaped back as a whip cracked at her.

{Music: 'The Great Revival - Franziska von Karma'}

"Foolhardy foolish fools foolishly trusting other foolhardy foolish fools will foolishly regret their foolishly foolish mistakes." Franziska von Karma suddenly approached, seemingly from nowhere.

"Hey! Ain't ya supposed ta be at the courthouse?" Lotta asked.

"You are supposed to be at the courthouse yourself! No witness is allowed to disappear before they are called to testify!" Franziska cracked her whip. "Because you disappeared, I had to call that foolishly foolish fool Spark Brushel to the stand in your place. Because his testimony was useless without your second photograph, I had to search for you again."

---
    The courthouse, ten minutes ago

Phoenix: As proof, I present this other photograph of Jameson taken earlier in the day during the conference. As you can see, Jameson is wearing the jacket in this photo. But when you compare this with Lotta's photo taken from behind of the person leaving the crime scene ... you see the jacket is much larger on this figure! Meaning ... this person is NOT J. Jonah Jameson!

{Music: 'Pursuit'}

(The gallery begins muttering until the Judge bangs the gavel)

Brushel: Yipe!

Franziska: That means nothing! How do you know it is even the same jacket?

Phoenix: Jameson's jacket was found discarded in that same area. It was the same jacket Jameson wore earlier in the day ... the same one he reported missing an hour later.

{music stops}

Franziska: (smiling) A fool's fool fools fools into foolishly thinking he is not a foolishly foolish fool. There is another photograph I wish you to see. Mr. Spark Brushel, present it to the court.

Brushel: (nervous) But I don't have another photograph. 'Whip-Wielding Prosecutor Only Mentioned One Photograph. Journalist Did Not Even Look for Another', end quote.

WHIP-CRACK!

Franziska: (irritated) Your Honor, the prosecution requests a recess until Ms. Lotta Hart or her other photograph have been found.
    "While I was searching the courthouse for you, Ms. Lotta Hart, Jedah brought me here to play a role in this Traitor Game."

"I am officially this game's Inquisitor. As such, I will call people to testify before me, and make a good case as to why they are NOT the Traitors."

She turned to the entire group. "To save time, I shall call two pairs this round. I call...

Sersi and Donald Duck .... and Rogue and Roll ... to testify before me!"

OOC: Franziska von Karma is this game's Inquisitor. tangentman and michalecs, have your characters testify as to why they are not the Traitors.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 05-12-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "Let us know if you find anything." Betty replied.

"While I was searching the courthouse for you, Ms. Lotta Hart, Jedah brought me here to play a role in this Traitor Game."

"I am officially this game's Inquisitor. As such, I will call people to testify before me, and make a good case as to why they are NOT the Traitors."

She turned to the entire group. "To save time, I shall call two pairs this round. I call...

Sersi and Donald Duck .... and Rogue and Roll ... to testify before me!"

OOC: Franziska von Karma is this game's Inquisitor. tangentman and michalecs, have your characters testify as to why they are not the Traitors.
    "Well I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm a hero, and Roll and I here want nothin more than to find out who the Traitors are and get them brought to justice. I like my life well enough to where I don't want Old, Cyclopean, and tentacle-y to win out here. Sorreh to disappoint y'all but Roll and I simply don't got the motivation to be your traitors."
    "How DARE you think I am one of the big meanies who is going around killing people! I mean, that other Mega man was ugly, and the fellow with the D on his chest was kind of obnoxious, but that's no reason to hurt them, let alone kill them! So there!"

Straight up Henching, yo The Purple Skull's Avatar

Before The Update

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    She saw someone that looked her age at least, talking to... Rouge? A fat guy and a Pink Guy... "Hey, didn't you know Pink is a Girls Color?" she pipped up trying to find a way into the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    "Professor Xavier, or Professor X for short, founded the X-Men. Have no clue why he chose 'men' because we had female members early on, but the name stuck, so there ya go. Ah ain't got no Crying Game surprise for anyone, Dan. You're a bit more feminine than Ah am it seems, wearing pink like that." She teased with a wink.
    "Hey now, the pink gi makes me unique! Back where I'm from, every karate guy there wears white, red, or black. BO-RING! And as the old saying goes, Real men wear pink!"

"I echo thy sentiments, son of Hibiki! When enemies of Asgard gaze upon my intimidating pink garb, they have no choice but to tremble in fear! For they know that their date with defeat draws near!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedah View Post
    “Everyone has their role in this game.” Jedah replied as he turned his attention towards Lotta. “Be they base villains or so called noble heroes. I am also sure of the fact that they do not want to see their life be lost to the Chaos Lord.”

"Wait...we can die?! Like...for real?!"

Fortune City just got a lot worse for Chuck Greene! - Marvel Zombies: Case Greene #1
    Keep Calm & Hail HYDRA
    A.I.M. At Me Bro

The Traitor Game: Restless In Rapture

PREVIOUSLY...

"Ho, fellow readers! Tis I--Volstagg the Voluminous! Lion of Asgard! Defender of the Nine Realms! Proud Warrior of the Warriors Three! Slayer of Fenris, wolf-son of Loki! He who stands up to even Surtur! Grill-master of Broxton! Scion---"

"Okay, so while Staggy over there continues saying all his different names, I'll take it from here. 'Sup dudes. Dan Hibiki here to give you the lowdown on what's happened so far. So back in my world, I was invited to yet another tournament to showcase my skills in the Saikyo Arts. You know, cause I'm awesome. Little did I know, they paired me up with this big guy. This reallllly big guy. Goes by the name of Volstagg the Volumi-something. We also got teamed up with a talking cactus named Amingo, but nobody gives a crap about him. Next thing you know, Boom! We're here in this weird creepy mansion with a bunch of other people I don't even know...and that loser Fei-Long. This other dude, Jedah, says we're now taking part in some kind of "Traitor Game" where the fate of worlds are at stake. Stupid, I know."

"What is even more unsettling is that the Chaos Lord Shuma Gorath is behind all this, and he has hidden within our pack two servants who are secretly doing his bidding! Who could these traitors be? Alas, even I, Volstagg the Voluminous, The Lion of Asgard, Defender of the Nine Realms...is at loss. Though we are many, the advantage is clearly not on our side. Yet, I do not feel discouraged! These traitors cannot not win! They must not win! They will not win! Shuma Gorath and his followers will be defeated and we will feast on his charred carcass!"

"'Dude...I don't even eat squid!"

Continued Next Post
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 05-12-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    Keep Calm & Hail HYDRA
    A.I.M. At Me Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Jedah View Post
    “The traitors have struck.” Jedah replied as everyone were gathered at the entrance. “Now you must vote on who you think could be the murderers among you. You will not be alone however, for I have two agents among you with the power to make their guess...” Jedah would reveal to them a crystal ball. “This item will shine blue if they guessed correctly or shine red if they guessed wrong.” He'd look towards the players. “Good luck, you will most certainly need it.”

"So these wolves in our fold finally make their move? I say they are nothing more than a pack of cowards! There is no honor in striking one's enemy from behind! Why, this level of deception is akin to that of the Prince of Lies, Loki himself! If these servants want to test their mettle, then let them try to fell Volstagg the Unwavering and Dan Hibiki the Brave!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not get too hasty here, big guy. You know, I'm kinda wishing I was back at the tournament with Amingo right now. Dude's probably rocking in right now."

Quote Originally Posted by Meanwhile...at the Tournament...

HADOUKEN!

"I'm sure he's got some special abilities......I guess."

Mega Man, meet the Machine Man! - Mega Man #14
    Keep Calm & Hail HYDRA
    A.I.M. At Me Bro

"You ask me, those two freaks, Carnage and Nemesis, are as good as choice for suspects for killing off those two fat guys!"

"A fair choice, son of Hibiki, but do you not feel that you are jumping to the highest of conclusions? Would it not be too obvious for Carnage and his ally to be the killers?"

"Well, look at 'em! One guy wants to rip my beautiful face off, and the other probably wants to eat me! And you know what? I CAN'T HAVE THAT! Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut. No offense, Stags."

"Be that as it may, does anyone else here have anything that might assist us in this complex conundrum of a mystery?"

OOC: Vote for Carnage and Nemesis

I call the Sensational She-Hulk up to the stand! - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney #27
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 05-13-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Keep Calm & Hail HYDRA
    A.I.M. At Me Bro

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

"What about that Straw Man and silverhaired guy with him? They've been relatively quiet and wouldn't carnage use his body to attack both of them instead of hanging one?"

"THE SMALL ROBOT IS RIGHT, I SAY STRAW MAN AND GENE DID IT"
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings