Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I am sure the interview questions are emailed.
    Yeah I know they are emailed in but I always assumed they would just pick some and go over them on the phone or something. But I guess it does make sense that they just forward them on to her.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Wouldn't it be the transcriber who spelt it wrong as I would think it is a spoken interview and that Liu doesn't write her answers.
    Then it's an even more egregious error given that it was spelt correctly in one of the questions.

I am sure the interview questions are emailed.
    That's what I assumed.

I think the cast of Astonishing has potential and the story Liu's traced out doesn't seem to be bad at all, her execution however is unfortunately lacking. The pacing is all over the place. The artwork doesn't help either (though I love Dustin Weaver's covers). I'd like to see her stick around - this is the first time I've been interested in the book since Whedon left, but it needs to be a lot tighter.
    Last edited by .A; 05-08-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by .A View Post
    Then it's an even more egregious error given that it was spelt correctly in one of the questions.

I think the cast of Astonishing has potential and the story Liu's traced out doesn't seem to be bad at all, her execution however is unfortunately lacking. The pacing is all over the place. The artwork doesn't help either (though I love Dustin Weaver's covers). I'd like to see her stick around, since this is the first time I've been interested in the book since Whedon left, but it needs to be a lot tighter.
    Nah you might be right as Darkness pointed out they might just get her responses back via email.

Yeah I can't say the story interests me thus far but that's probably because I have no interest in Northstar or Kyle but willing to give it a few issues post wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi25 View Post
    What did iceman turn to in that page?
    It looked like some sort of half scorpion/half human ice creature.

BANNED

Who cares about X-23, the NYX losers or Kyle? More about Warbird and Karma's back-alley experiences please!

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I do like Kyle. He doesn't take shit from the riff-raff (aka, The New Mutants) on Utopia.
    He smelled Dani's eau du natural and immediately requested a loft room at the nearest W Hotel. I can't fault him there.

This book sucks......just like her X-23 solo. She just can't write a interesting story, I rather see her walk away and give someone else the title.

Words from the future. Scarlet Silence's Avatar

I like Kyle; hate Northstar; LOVE Aurora.
    As I read this, I thought the idea of one of Aurora's fractured personalities taking over Northstar's body to be very interesting. I feel she would be able to accomplish many feats of insanity while under that guise, perhaps for a renewed Sisterhood.

Oh man, I reeeereeeeeeeally hope Marjorie can snag Jubilee for this book!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F. View Post
    It looked like some sort of half scorpion/half human ice creature.
    I think it looks like Mojo. I miss Mojo.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et aot 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Cool, I like Aurora.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Oh man, I reeeereeeeeeeally hope Marjorie can snag Jubilee for this book!
    Yes! Someone really needs to save her from that vampire nonsense of Gischler's. =[

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I think it looks like Mojo. I miss Mojo.
    Yeah, I doubt it'll happen, but I'm hoping he might pop-up in the current X-Factor arc.
    Last edited by .A; 05-08-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

I settled this email debate. You email George questions. Someone (George or the writer or a mystery person) rewrites your questions and ignores the ones he/she doesn't want to answer. It's not like George is getting tons of email questions.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

Quote Originally Posted by .A� View Post
    She misspelt Cecilia again. =[
    Yeah. And a couple issues ago she didn't even get Northstar's first name right.

Of course, these are things that editors should catch, but it just goes to show how forced all of this is. It's painful to watch certain writers when they have to pretend that they really like and care about what characters/storyline Marvel has saddled them with.

The whole thing is a gimmick. It wouldn't be bad at all if they had actually led up to this in any reasonable way, other than fast-tracking it for a gimmick. All so Marvel can get press. Don't hurt your backs patting them so hard, guys. Two issues ago you couldn't even get Northstar's name right. And Fraction didn't even bother to give Kyle a personality. But you are really, really committed to portraying such deep and realistic representations of all sorts of people. Yeah.

Liu is a good writer and I've enjoyed almost everything she's written. Too bad they couldn't've let her write the book for a year or two and allow her to naturally develop and grow all of these characters. When that happens, you get natural, believable progressions and flows. Character arcs. Real growth.
    Last edited by DarkBeast; 05-08-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Damn. Way too much emphasis being put on a spelling mistake. Especially since Cecilia's name name gets abreviated CeCe rather than CeCi.

It's pretty well established that Marjorie Liu does like the Cecilia character. She's talked about the character long before she moved to astonishing and managed to get her a guest spot in x-23.

Interesting news about Aurora. I'm guessing she'll show up at the wedding. Whether she's there to celebrate or disrupt, though...