Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Revisit The Secret History Of Spider-Man's Parents

With the the latest trailer for Marc Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man" strongly hinting at an expanded look at Peter Parker's parentage in the movie, CBR revisits the mysterious history of Mary and Richard Parker.

Full article here.

Veteran Member

I know I am in the minority here, but I always loved the idea that Peter's parents had a secret history as spies and died as unrecognized heroes. I'd pay good money to see that story updated by the likes of Brubaker.

I never had a problem with it, and I do like the Flashback issue of Untold Tales.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Far as the comics go, I prefer the parents being nobodies. Well, not nobodies. They're still New Yorkers at the end of the day.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

To be fair, in reality, spies are the most unremarkable people ever... they just walk in, take the documents to the photocopy machine, walk out, or just stand there and people spill the beans because of how unremarkable they are, so the secret story of Pete's parents does not really take anything into his "everyman" vibe...

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Sure. But these are comic book spies.

They probably stole a car from Dr. Doom and drove it off a cliff and onto a helicarrier to escape at one point.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Wasnt there a novel about their death too?