View Poll Results: If you had to pick, which one character would you say the Ultimate Universe is about?

Voters
44. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Nick Fury

20 45.45%
  • Peter Parker

13 29.55%
  • Reed Richards

0 0%
  • Cap/Steve Rogers

10 22.73%
  • Jean Grey

0 0%
  • Thor

0 0%
  • Kitty Pryde

0 0%
  • Other

1 2.27%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I say Peter Parker. I would have said Steve Rogers since it is because of him that mutants exist,but it was Peter's blood that everyone was after. If I remember right Peter's blood was very valuable. It was suppose to be some odd number multiplied to the original super soldier serum(or OZ they were basically the same thing) and that was one of the main reasons Nick Fury watched over him, besides there kinda father/son bond. There were so many stories around Peter's blood it was pretty much the staple for a lot of almost his whole run in UU. He also crossed over to so many different titles.

BANNED

Susan Storm
    The protagonist to the UU's greatest antagonist!

Kidding!!
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 05-09-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    While much of the UU and its circumstances exist because of Cap, I still wouldn't say he's the main character. It's all been about chasing the idea of Captain America, a super soldier, not about Cap himself. Nick Fury has been the guiding hand of many of these developments - putting together the Ultimates; trying to recreate the Serum, resulting in just about every character in USM; working with the X-Men - Fury runs the whole thing.
    Just because he's behind everything doesn't make it ABOUT him. I don't deny he's the most influential, most important and most manipulative, but I still don't see the UU as being ABOUT him. If the question was "who is the most important" I would answer Fury in an instant. He is the glue, but he's not the focus. We really know very little about him and what his motivations truly are, whereas we know a great deal more about Cap and how much of the current state of the UU exists as a direct response to his very existence.

I'm surprised so many voted Parker... he wasn't highly featured in any of the major events (Galactus, Ultimatum) aside from DOSM. He mostly sticks to his own series, he has little to no influence on the other series, I'm just not sure I understand why people would think the entire UU would be about him.

I understand why people would think that of Fury, even if I don't agree, but I don't understand why they think that of Parker.
    Last edited by Sparrowsabre7; 05-10-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Susan Storm
    The protagonist to the UU's greatest antagonist!

Kidding!!
    I actually seriously considered having her be a poll option.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

I said Peter because he was the heart and soul of the Ultimate Universe. He was the one that started and then finally finished and era in the Ultimate Universe. His death had more serious ramifications than Ultimatum, itself. Right now, though, I have to say the main character and the universe is now being told from Nick Fury's eyes and how the world perceives it. If I could say two I would say that Peter, before, and Nick Fury, now.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."