Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 90s X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    I enjoyed all of the various X-Factor line-ups in the 90's, including Forge's, but the stories weren't half as interesting after Havok left.
    That run of X-Factor from around 71 to 100 was the best.. Strong Guy, Multiple Man, Havok, Polaris, Wolfsbane and Quicksilver.. a classic team.
    ------------------------
    Read: Savage Dragon, Invincible, X-Factor, Suicide Squad, The Massive, Scarlet Spider, Extermination, Trio, Danger Club & Atomic Robo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Havoc's power signature, does, but nah. The art was sometimes nice. The book was reasonably well written. Gen x was great for the first 27 about issues. Then it goes on and off.
    I couldnt get into Stroman's art style, especially his women. They were obese or had fat asses.

Elder Member

That's what made it so kewl! PAD's X-Factor was really giving everything speculator era the finger. There were a few hiccups but he ended up with hawt, unrestrained Jae Lee art and some great Joe Quesada in the end.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

I recently just got caught up on my 90's books. I was able to pick up all the X-Men and Uncanny from that time period for dirt cheap online. I think i found some lots online that made it less than fifty cents an issue. Cant beat that. Now i just need to find the time to read the books i pick up now and get all my old issues read as well. I guess thats a good problem to have.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Havoc's power signature, does, but nah. The art was sometimes nice. The book was reasonably well written. Gen x was great for the first 27 about issues. Then it goes on and off.
    I always loved looking at Havok's powers. X-men evolution and First class disappointed me by their making it look like generic energy blasts. They were supposed to be concentric circles! Even the 90's cartoon got it wrong.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beast42 View Post
    I was able to pick up all the X-Men and Uncanny from that time period for dirt cheap online.
    Is it even worth selling comics on ebay anymore? You might as well give them away!
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Claremont says that larry hama did his favorite wolverine and i have to agree, at least until issue 100

Quote Originally Posted by BillCarson View Post
    Claremont says that larry hama did his favorite wolverine and i have to agree, at least until issue 100
    Claremont's never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Claremont's never wrong.
    I agree wholeheartedly, espcially when it comes to wolverine