Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: 90s X-Men

  1. #1
    Senior Member Phelpzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    2,941

    Default 90s X-Men

    Here goes nothing, I'm a 90s guy, born in 90 so most of the xmen stuff I enjoy is when they are in the bright suits and all that jazz, loved the 90s tv show, ive just never read much of the 90 books, I've read tons of 80s, 2000s and the present stuff but never any of the 90s stuff, what are some good recommendations?

  2. #2
    Shut up. fortyseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,731

  3. #3
    Senior Member Phelpzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    Is it collected anywhere??

  4. #4
    Shut up. fortyseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    Is it collected anywhere??
    Unfortunately I don't think so.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grand Rapids,Michigan
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    If you read their brief run,zero in on UXM#350-359 and X-Men #70-79.IMO it was their best stuff...

  6. #6
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    24,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    Here goes nothing, I'm a 90s guy, born in 90 so most of the xmen stuff I enjoy is when they are in the bright suits and all that jazz, loved the 90s tv show, ive just never read much of the 90 books, I've read tons of 80s, 2000s and the present stuff but never any of the 90s stuff, what are some good recommendations?
    I recommend you continue with your current reading habits

  7. #7
    Junior Member joemauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    166

    Default

    If you want 90's X Men then anything written by Scott Lobdell & Fabian N. is what I would recommend. They both had their ups and downs. Some classic stories were their doing: Age of Apocalypse, Fatal Attractions, and Onslaught.

  8. #8
    LIVING LEGEND IN-A-SYNCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joemauer View Post
    If you want 90's X Men then anything written by Scott Lobdell & Fabian N. is what I would recommend. They both had their ups and downs. Some classic stories were their doing: Age of Apocalypse, Fatal Attractions, and Onslaught.

    I would have to say this is a good recommendation as well, I really didnt find anything wrong with their run.

    Alot of character development and family oriented, something the X-men are not these days.
    Although Wolverine in the X-men shows pieces of it.

    I started with the X-men during CC and Jim Lee's X-men 1 with the Older Brother title (Uncanny) and it just wowed me from there, X-cutioner's Song, Phalanx Covenant, The Wedding of Jean and Cyke, hell even Blood Ties was a good mini crossover.
    You might want to start there (X-men 1) but when Jubilee left it started to go downhill somewhat.
    Last edited by IN-A-SYNCH; 05-08-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    If Bishop had succeeded, we would've never had AvX. Bishop was right. - Seresecros

  9. #9
    Senior Member Apathy Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,390

    Default

    There's Age of Apocalypse, basically the benchmark of X-Men for the nineties.

    X-Force is also getting collected in hardcovers.

    Lastly, Larry Hama's Wolverine has 5 essentials released for it.

  10. #10
    Poor hacked Diamond Lil. Nevets F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    There's never been a better time for the X-Men than the 90's. I'm currently re-reading tons of series from the 90's, at the same time that I'm reading current issues. There truly is no comparison. It was just a truly far superior time.
    Read about the greatest series ever, Alpha Flight...from the beginning!

  11. #11
    power couple Flinkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    X-Factor, X-Factor, X-Factor!

    imo it was easily the best X-Book of the 90's, especially during PAD's all too brief run which is easily accessible in four volumes of X-Factor Visionaries

    I know it's not a book that's populated by the X-Men that you're likely looking to read more about...but it's worth looking into.
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

  12. #12
    Senior Member Phelpzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy Lad View Post
    There's Age of Apocalypse, basically the benchmark of X-Men for the nineties.

    X-Force is also getting collected in hardcovers.

    Lastly, Larry Hama's Wolverine has 5 essentials released for it.
    So AoA and x-force? Who wrote X-Force back then?

  13. #13
    Words from the future. Scarlet Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevets F View Post
    There's never been a better time for the X-Men than the 90's. I'm currently re-reading tons of series from the 90's, at the same time that I'm reading current issues. There truly is no comparison. It was just a truly far superior time.
    I cannot fathom why you would say this. There are definitely some scattered bright spots through the decade, but if it is ahead of any other decade of X-Men publication, it cannot possibly be that far ahead.

    It is probably better than the '60s, '70s, and '10s so far, but probably not the '80s and definitely not the '00s.

  14. #14
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    46,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    X-Factor, X-Factor, X-Factor!

    imo it was easily the best X-Book of the 90's, especially during PAD's all too brief run which is easily accessible in four volumes of X-Factor Visionaries

    I know it's not a book that's populated by the X-Men that you're likely looking to read more about...but it's worth looking into.
    lol, do any of those characters look any sort of interesting?

  15. #15
    Words from the future. Scarlet Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    lol, do any of those characters look any sort of interesting?
    You could say that Wolfsbane looks interesting from an artistic standpoint.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •