Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Default Anyone help here, about Thor and Firebird..

Does anyone know what issue Firebird and Thor had a conversation about how hard it was for Firebird that Thor is a god?

Quote Originally Posted by Area_hulk View Post
    Does anyone know what issue Firebird and Thor had a conversation about how hard it was for Firebird that Thor is a god?
    Avengers #45. Here's a synopsis: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues...p?fldAuto=5216

thanks for the help :D

Default avengers question

Is Avengers Assemble comics in continuity or even in 616? I see a Thanos coming out in the next issue but really don't care for it If its not continuity, or even 616.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbook man View Post
    Is Avengers Assemble comics in continuity or even in 616? I see a Thanos coming out in the next issue but really don't care for it If its not continuity, or even 616.
    Yes, it is 616. Although it's set in-continuity, it's very standalone.

Default Kid Loki stuff???

I'm interested in reading more Kid Loki stuff, but all I know that has him in it is Journey Into Mystery. What other stuff is Kid Loki in???

Well, you got the two JiM trades out now, the third comes out in July, and currently JiM is crossing over with New Mutants in the Exiled Mini-series.

In part order: Exiled One-Shot, Journey Into Mystery #637, New Mutants#42, Journey Into Mystery #638 and New Mutants #43.

It's been a really fun crossover so far.

No, what I meant was in what titles besides JIM Kid Loki appears in.

Mostly Thor.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Is Avengers Assemble part of continuity in 616?

Quote Originally Posted by comicbook man View Post
    Is Avengers Assemble part of continuity in 616?
    Yes, it is. It takes place before Avengers vs X-Men.

*Witty User Title Here* linkspirit97's Avatar

Can someone please explain to me how the Don Blake/Thor thing works?

I'm mainly looking at the JMS stuff right now, I'm just a little confused. Is it like Bruce Banner/Hulk transformation? When one goes the other appears? How do they share, what does Don think about only being alive half the time?

When Thor rescues Gods as-well, what happens to the mortal form they were originally in?

The best quote I can find is 'For you see, Doctor Don Blake is my alter Ego, My secret Identity. I turn into him, or we switch places, or something.'

What happened to Quicksilver following Son of M? Was it explained what happened with the Inhuman crystals he embedded in his chest, and if so what comics was this story told in?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    What happened to Quicksilver following Son of M? Was it explained what happened with the Inhuman crystals he embedded in his chest, and if so what comics was this story told in?
    Silent War
    X-Factor: The Quick and the Dead
    Mighty Avengers #21-36
    Avengers: The Children's Crusade

In a nutshell: Quicksilver no longer has the terrigen crystals. He regained his original powers after some hallucinations (no explanation ) and later joined the Mighty Avengers, where he blamed all of his previous actions on a Skrull imposter. He attempted to reunite with his daughter, Luna, but she could detect his lies and shunned him.

Later, he joined the Young Avengers on a quest to find the location of his sister, the Scarlet Witch, and the truth behind the House of M. Long story short, they found her and it wasn't her fault. Now he's occasionally guest starring in Avengers-related things.

Quote Originally Posted by linkspirit97 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how the Don Blake/Thor thing works?

I'm mainly looking at the JMS stuff right now, I'm just a little confused. Is it like Bruce Banner/Hulk transformation? When one goes the other appears? How do they share, what does Don think about only being alive half the time?

When Thor rescues Gods as-well, what happens to the mortal form they were originally in?

The best quote I can find is 'For you see, Doctor Don Blake is my alter Ego, My secret Identity. I turn into him, or we switch places, or something.'
    Well originally, Donald was not a real person. "Donald" was just a body and fake memories temporarily given to Thor by Odin while he was exiled on Earth. When he found his identity and memories as Thor, he just used "Donald" as an alias, kind of like Superman and Clark Kent. Later on, he gave up the Donald identity entirely.

However, the JMS and Fraction stories really complicate this with the reveal that Donald actually is a person separate from Thor. They can communicate with each other, like a subconcious voice. Some of this directly contradicts the older comics where Odin and Thor say that Donald Blake is just a bunch of fake memories.

Most of the comics that have been released post-JMS have treated Donald as a person whose body Thor inhabits, kind of like Banner/Hulk. Miniseries that revisited Thor's origin, like Avengers Origins: Thor, Thor: First Thunder and Avengers: The Origin have been really vague about the true nature of Donald, probably because the writers don't really know themselves.

If you haven't read any Thor from before JMS's run, it's all fine. If you have, well... keep scratching your head.
    Last edited by Telos; 05-13-2012 at 04:52 AM.