Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,819

    Default Sales Estimates for April, 2012 - AvX Nabs Top Spot

    For the second month in a row, Marvel's AvX takes the top spot on the sales chart, AVX: VS debuts in the Top Ten and "Batman" overtakes "Justice League" as DC Comics' top seller.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,131

    Default

    Once again, give witness to the power of events!

    Sucks that JiM continues to drop down the list.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,772

    Default

    welll i guess marvel should go home since DC got 6 out of 10

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Once again, give witness to the power of events!

    Sucks that JiM continues to drop down the list.
    JiM is consistently one of my favorite Marvel reads every month. Loki as a teenager is great. Not sure how well Exiled is going to sell with JiM and The New Mutants being the books involved. I'm hoping that JiM continues to stick around.

  5. #5
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,131

    Default

    Walking Dead is a monster of a franchise. Kirkman really struck gold with that one.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    welll i guess marvel should go home since DC got 6 out of 10
    Here we go again!

    Does this below brilliant post look familiar to you?:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kick-Ass View Post
    Oh once again, logic has failed you. Yes your arguments were bested repeatedly. And secondly, top 10 is not the most important stat. The correct answer would be money. Yes money is the answer they were looking for. Second to that would be sales. Yes, that is how business works.

  7. #7
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadbeat19 View Post
    JiM is consistently one of my favorite Marvel reads every month. Loki as a teenager is great. Not sure how well Exiled is going to sell with JiM and The New Mutants being the books involved. I'm hoping that JiM continues to stick around.
    The general feeling is that JiM will end sooner than later. Gillen's already stated that his intentions were for JiM to be finite.

    There's a big crossover with Thor that might dovetail towards that endpoint.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  8. #8
    power couple Flinkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    welll i guess marvel should go home since DC got 6 out of 10
    we have to give DC SOMETHING to cheer about since their New 52 numbers are plummeting and Marvel properties are killing them on virtually every other front imaginable.
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    we have to give DC SOMETHING to cheer about since their New 52 numbers are plummeting and Marvel properties are killing them on virtually every other front imaginable.
    Actually no. By October dc will have 8out 10 spots

  10. #10
    Kind of a DB 0bsessions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston/Cambridge, MA
    Posts
    1,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Actually no. By October dc will have 8out 10 spots
    Citation Needed.

  11. #11
    power couple Flinkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Actually no. By October dc will have 8out 10 spots
    you've missed the point.
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

  12. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    Citation Needed.
    The AVX is already behind JL first couple of issues orders

  13. #13
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,131

    Default

    For the sake of this thread and the fact that Kick-Ass gave the only response needed to Cavemold's statement, I move we all just ignore further comments from Cavemold. All in favor?

  14. #14
    Kind of a DB 0bsessions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston/Cambridge, MA
    Posts
    1,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    The AVX is already behind JL first couple of issues orders
    And JL's first couple issues fall well short of sales on X-Men (Volume 2) #1, so clearly Marvel will maintain their hold indefinitely because the performance of a comic book from the past is absolutely indicative of what will occur in the future, ignoring the fact that we are not currently aware of what will be sold that month (Or even the two months prior to it) or the fact that things have been trending towards Marvel regaining the top spots for months.

  15. #15
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    For the sake of this thread and the fact that Kick-Ass gave the only response needed to Cavemold's statement, I move we all just ignore further comments from Cavemold. All in favor?
    I vote in favor of this. Anyway the industry is up 16% over last year, and watch out for Image they are bring some heat two books in the top 50 along with other indi companies in the top 100.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •