Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Earth 0/Earth Prime: The mainstream DCnU earth
    Earth 1: The world where the 'Earth One' OGN's are set
    Earth 2: The world of the rebooted Golden Age heroes2
    Earth 23: The world of the Black Superman (who is the President) and a predominantly black Justice League
    Earth ???: A world where Lois, Clark and Jimmy create the evil android Superman
    Earth ???: A world with heroes named Optiman, Red Racer, Iron Knight etc.

Dunno if the Earth 12 and Earth 16 designations still stand for the Batman Beyond and YJ universes respectively.

Oh, and there are these additional earths rumored to appear in Multiversity-

Earth 4: A world based off the Charlton characters and inspired by Watchmen
    Earth 10: A world where Nazis won WW2
    Earth ???: An earth based on the status quo of the 90's DC, with Wally West as Flash and Kyle Rayner as GL
    Sorry, but I don't know what that means.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post
    Sorry, but I don't know what that means.

BANNED

Dont forget Earth-42, where the Ame-comi series takes place

Are there any Earths that are not primarily superhero-oriented? I mean, we have superheroes. Practically boatloads of them on the regular DCU Earth. Why do we need so many planets with more of them?
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Hey, nice picture, BohemiaDrinker, but I still don't know what "Earth-One OGN'S" means. Thanks anyway. I'll figure it out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Are there any Earths that are not primarily superhero-oriented? I mean, we have superheroes. Practically boatloads of them on the regular DCU Earth. Why do we need so many planets with more of them?
    Because we love superheroes.

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Hey, nice picture, BohemiaDrinker, but I still don't know what "Earth-One OGN'S" means. Thanks anyway. I'll figure it out eventually.
    It means "Earth One Original Graphic Novels". Right now there`s been only "Superman: Earth One", by JMS and Shane Davis. Volume 2 is in the works and should be out next year (I think), and "Batman: Earth One" is currently in production by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank to be released later this year.

The PIC I posted is the cover for Superman: Volume 1.

I love the OGN format and I hope DC conts to use it a lot more!

It means "Earth One Original Graphic Novels". Right now there`s been only "Superman: Earth One", by JMS and Shane Davis. Volume 2 is in the works and should be out next year (I think), and "Batman: Earth One" is currently in production by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank to be released later this year.

I believe that Superman: Earth One Vol 2 should be out this fall.

Ah, now it all becomes clearer. Forgive me, I'm very new to DC, and knew nothing about these graphic novels. Is this Earth based on the pre-flashpoint main DCU Earth, or is it someplace totally different?

we should probably update the first post in this thread with all the earths.

Earth 0/Earth Prime: The mainstream DCnU earth
    Earth 1: The world where the 'Earth One' OGN's are set
    Earth 2: The world of the rebooted Golden Age heroes2
    Earth 16: The earth where Young justice Cartoon series is set.
    Earth 23: The world of the Black Superman (who is the President) and a predominantly black Justice League
    Earth-42: Ame-Comi series
    Earth ???: A world where Lois, Clark and Jimmy create the evil android Superman
    Earth ???: A world with heroes named Optiman, Red Racer, Iron Knight etc.
    Earth ???: A world where the justice League were all tiny versions that are killed by Superdoom

Young Justice is,probably, still "Earth 16". The show is currently airing and is the highest profile cartoon has right now.

Also, while no other cartoon was said to be in DC`s continuity before (there was a brief period in which the previous animated universe, including the Beyond line", was said to be Earth 12, but it was kind of patch job) , while YJ was, from day one, said to be "Earth 16" of the DC multiverse.
    But "day one" was before the reboot to the DCnU took place in September of last year.

If there's no new reference to it being "Earth-16" anywhere other than the Young Justice TV show or the comic book based on the show, maybe it's not part of the newly (re)formed DCnU Multiverse.

Has there been specific references since September? (I honestly don't know since I don't watch the show and don't regularly buy the comic book.)

Quote Originally Posted by Melfice View Post
    I love the OGN format and I hope DC conts to use it a lot more!
    I think the OGN format was a long time coming. I see it as a huge part in the future of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But "day one" was before the reboot to the DCnU took place in September of last year.

If there's no new reference to it being "Earth-16" anywhere other than the Young Justice TV show or the comic book based on the show, maybe it's not part of the newly (re)formed DCnU Multiverse.

Has there been specific references since September? (I honestly don't know since I don't watch the show and don't regularly buy the comic book.)
    According to Dan DiDio on his Facebook page there are still 52 Universes, but most of them have been re-started in the new 52.

Outside of Prime Earth there are only 3 numbered Earths:

Earth One- Of the OGN line (Still waiting to hear if if that makes Superman:Earth One the first Post-Flashpoint book).
    Earth 2- Which came out last week.
    Earth 23- From Action Comics #9

Dan also stated that unless it is numbered, no Earth is officially part of the 52 Multiverse. Which brings into question where did Superdoom come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lange View Post
    According to Dan DiDio on his Facebook page there are still 52 Universes, but most of them have been re-started in the new 52.

Outside of Prime Earth there are only 3 numbered Earths:

Earth One- Of the OGN line (Still waiting to hear if if that makes Superman:Earth One the first Post-Flashpoint book).
    Earth 2- Which came out last week.
    Earth 23- From Action Comics #9

Dan also stated that unless it is numbered, no Earth is officially part of the 52 Multiverse. Which brings into question where did Superdoom come from?
    Maybe Morrison will (eventually) address that in Multiversity.

(But also, take everything DiDio proclaims with a grain of salt . . . and maybe a shot of tequilla.)

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

Ah, now it all becomes clearer. Forgive me, I'm very new to DC, and knew nothing about these graphic novels. Is this Earth based on the pre-flashpoint main DCU Earth, or is it someplace totally different?
    If you're more familiar with Marvel, think of the current Earth One as DC's Ultimate line, except so far all the stories are solely happening in graphic novel format, no individual comic issues. So Earth One is not based on nor relies on any previous and existing other timelines/universes/anything...it's just its own thing.