Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 115
  1. #61
    SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Morrison isn't telling, but from the uncharacteristic venom in his words when asked in interviews about his former protege, it's bastard-slept-with-my-wife levels of animosity.
    Well, there IS that situation in which Morrison wrote a issue of Authority by himself while Millar was sick, and Millar took credit. I believe that whatever happened started there.

  2. #62
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Well, there IS that situation in which Morrison wrote a issue of Authority by himself while Millar was sick, and Millar took credit. I believe that whatever happened started there.
    Yeah he ghost wrote an issue of Authority, and I also think something happened when they co-wrote Swamp Thing. But according to Morrison, their fallout is something more personal, and something he didn't want to talk about.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 05-10-2012 at 02:29 PM.

  3. #63
    Marquis de carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium.
    Posts
    31,817

    Default

    Yeah. I mean, I think Millar is quite open about who wrote that issue of The Authority, and, well, Morrison ghost-wrote it. The point is that the other guy gets to put his name on it.

    It's definitely something bigger than riping of some story ideas or something like that.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Do you think it would be possible one day when the new 52 is not so new anymore that DC would reintroduce the worlds of pre-coie and post coie as -

    Earth 49 - pre-coie Earth 1 reality
    Earth 50 - pre-coei Earth 2 reality (with original Golden Ag Supes)
    Earth 51 - post-coie/pre-flashpoint reality (with DickBats, Donna, Wally, etc)

    ???

  5. #65
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Personally, I loved the original Multi-Verse. I also loved the result of Crisis too, so Im easy that way. But I never liked the 52 multiple earth-theory post Infinitie Crisis. I think DC should have either stayed one universe or gone back to Multiple (ie more than 52). 52 earths limits the possibilities. In my mind, Im figuring that since Flashpoint, which actually invalidated all Crises, that we are back to a MULTI-universe (way, way more than just 52 piddling little universes).

  6. #66
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    19,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylarue View Post
    Personally, I loved the original Multi-Verse. I also loved the result of Crisis too, so Im easy that way. But I never liked the 52 multiple earth-theory post Infinitie Crisis. I think DC should have either stayed one universe or gone back to Multiple (ie more than 52). 52 earths limits the possibilities. In my mind, Im figuring that since Flashpoint, which actually invalidated all Crises, that we are back to a MULTI-universe (way, way more than just 52 piddling little universes).
    I'm still having trouble with the concept that people feel "52" doesn't qualify as "multi-".

    Yeah, I can understand that some people want their multiverse to be like the old days, where there were unlimited earths possible.

    But "multi-" means "more than one", so 52 different Earths IS still a "multiverse"!

  7. #67
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Yes, it is multi, but 52 limits the possibilites. Why? Why should we say 'only' 52 universe exists. In a quantum, random universe, a set number like 52 makes no sense. Not with all the possibilites and divergences that could occur (where is Stephen hawkings when you need him - oh, I know, guest starring on the Simpsons - damn him)

  8. #68
    FF purist-snob
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,446

    Default

    According to http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/multiverse. the term multiverse means...

    " a theoretical reality that includes a possibly infinite number of parallel universes "
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

  9. #69
    Marquis de carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium.
    Posts
    31,817

    Default

    Keyword: possibly infinite. Just like they left it in Final Crisis.

    ETA: not that at any one point in time has it ever really been infinite. They called it infinite, but it was always the same 3-4 universes that popped up time and again.

    The Wildstorm Universe, Ellis subsection, now that was a proper infinite multiverse.
    Last edited by carabas; 05-10-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

  10. #70
    FF purist-snob
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Keyword: possibly infinite. Just like they left it in Final Crisis.

    ETA: not that at any one point in time has it ever really been infinite. They called it infinite, but it was always the same 3-4 universes that popped up time and again.

    The Wildstorm Universe, Ellis subsection, now that was a proper infinite multiverse.
    Final Crisis? Decanonized fiction, wasn't it? Totally irrelevant. Might as well go with Marvel's setup.

    As for Possibly infinite, the possibility of infinite draws a lot of attention form the smaller countable numbers like 52.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

  11. #71
    Marquis de carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium.
    Posts
    31,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Final Crisis? Decanonized fiction, wasn't it? Totally irrelevant.
    Not more so than Infinite Crisis/52, where the 52 universes number comes from.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

  12. #72
    FF purist-snob
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Not more so than Infinite Crisis/52, where the 52 universes number comes from.
    I'm not following whatever point you're trying to make. You're going on about no longer relevant comics when I'm only pointing out a dictionary definition of a term.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

  13. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Earth 1 - Ultimate DC
    Earth 2 - New 52 JSA
    Earth 23 - President Superman Earth


    Then there is new 52 Earth and the earth that Superdoom came from

  14. #74
    Paladin Kurosawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    344 Clinton St, Apt 3E
    Posts
    3,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the Hornet View Post
    Do you think it would be possible one day when the new 52 is not so new anymore that DC would reintroduce the worlds of pre-coie and post coie as -

    Earth 49 - pre-coie Earth 1 reality
    Earth 50 - pre-coei Earth 2 reality (with original Golden Ag Supes)
    Earth 51 - post-coie/pre-flashpoint reality (with DickBats, Donna, Wally, etc)

    ???
    I'd like for all the different Earths to exist somehow.

  15. #75
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    We've only seen two, maybe three, of the Earths so far in the DCnU world . . . having nearly fifty other, not-yet-defined Earths is "limited"? Having an unlimited number of Earths could just as easily lead to a silliness of even more confusing, rarely (if ever) used Earths . . . I'd wait until at least forty of the Earths have been clearly defined and outlined in the DCnU before I'd even begin to think it's "limited". (Or are you the type of person who felt there should have been at least twenty possible answers to every question on a multiple choice test?)
    I do appreciate your point of view, MajorHoy, but as I've said 52 Earths just isn't the multiverse to me. Particularly since after Infinite Crisis the '52 Earths' were populated extremely quickly and many of them (for me) were real dead-end, silly alternate realities. Hopefully they are putting a bit more thought into it this time. Especially if they are going to stick with just the 52.

    I was also unhappy with the way the '52 earth multiverse' was created - with the 51 other Earths being initially identical to New Earth until they were altered by the intervention of Mister Mind "eating time" using his powers. That was just silly! It will be interesting to see if DC offers a new explanation for the current multiverse.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •