Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Seriously, his first target is NOT going to be Cap. If he doesn't take Thor down, he's going down himself. Thor and Iron Man are by far the bigger threats here.

If he can simultaneously throw Cap's shield edge-first at Thor's jugular and crush Iron Man, then he's probably going to win.

But starting off by smacking Cap in the face is a guaranteed lose strategy.
    Even if he does the jugular thing to Thor, I don't think he can do it quick enough i.e. I'm sure Thor could say... bat it away with Mjolnir as quick as Magneto could take it from Cap and thrust it at him.

And I know the thing is damn tough, but it's been thrown at far less durable people than Thor and not cut them in half or anything. On that basis, I'm wondering if it would slow Thor down enough to prevent him calling down lightning, even if it hit him in a vulnerable area.

I mean, obviously if it hits his thunder-bollocks it's over. But that's not the topic at hand.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    I mean, obviously if it hits his thunder-bollocks it's over. But that's not the topic at hand.
    Ooh, thath going to be theriouthly thor.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Seriously, his first target is NOT going to be Cap. If he doesn't take Thor down, he's going down himself. Thor and Iron Man are by far the bigger threats here.

If he can simultaneously throw Cap's shield edge-first at Thor's jugular and crush Iron Man, then he's probably going to win.

I don't think Magneto would need to focus on any one person. That scene in X-2 were he reprograms Cerebro shows multitasking isn't really a problem. The main problem is finding something to hurt Thor while not getting fried by lightning, which is unlikely.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

He would be better off SLamming Iron man at Thor then using caps shield.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Movie Mags problem is that he seems to need to make regular, human speed gestures to move stuff/throw stuff around. He does that EVERY SINGLE TIME in the films. If that's really a requirement, he lacks the time here, and he loses his head before he finishes calling his powers. Even IM would have the chance - using the "cuts-through-anything-o-matic laser" at the bell should de-head Mags before he can divert Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Movie Magneto (McKellan) is not near as powerful as his 616 counterpart.
    To be fair, the same thing could be said about Thor.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Movie Mags problem is that he seems to need to make regular, human speed gestures to move stuff/throw stuff around. He does that EVERY SINGLE TIME in the films. If that's really a requirement, he lacks the time here, and he loses his head before he finishes calling his powers. Even IM would have the chance - using the "cuts-through-anything-o-matic laser" at the bell should de-head Mags before he can divert Tony.
    Wasn't there one time he didn't make any gestures? I think in the scene in the 1st film where Xavier mind controls Sabretooth and has him grab Mags by the neck, doesn't he take control of the guns of all the cops and then cause at least one to fire, but stop the bullet just before it enters one guys skull? I'm not sure if he gestured or not.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Wasn't there one time he didn't make any gestures? I think in the scene in the 1st film where Xavier mind controls Sabretooth and has him grab Mags by the neck, doesn't he take control of the guns of all the cops and then cause at least one to fire, but stop the bullet just before it enters one guys skull? I'm not sure if he gestured or not.
    That's a good point, but again, that seemed to take some time - time that he doesn't have here.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

If Thor goes for a lightning strike at Magneto from the get go I don't see what Mags would be able to do to avoid getting fried.

The rest of the brotherhood are really not even in the same ballpark as the Avengers. I would get an immense kick from watching movie Juggernaut rush at Hulk and then get hit so hard that he goes flying into the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If Thor goes for a lightning strike at Magneto from the get go I don't see what Mags would be able to do to avoid getting fried.

The rest of the brotherhood are really not even in the same ballpark as the Avengers. I would get an immense kick from watching movie Juggernaut rush at Hulk and then get hit so hard that he goes flying into the distance.
    Yeah, I dont remember any feats from Movie mags absorbing electricity.

Movie Thing could kick Movie Juggernauts ass. Juggernaut couldnt even KO logan.

This is right. The majority of the Brotherhood would get handled by the heavy hitters like Hulk and Thor. The only person that could possibly stand up to either of them is Magneto (Juggernaut was never shown to have his invulnerability, and Wolverine was taking punches from him just fine). Pyro could possibly cause some damage, but a quickdraw from Widow or even Hawkeye would take him out.

I'd give Sabertooth good odds against anyone who isn't Thor, Iron Man, or Hulk. Same with Mystique. Toad is kind of a no-factor outside of blinding or suffocating people with mucus.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

Magneto could potentially kill Thor if he had enough time. Let's not forget Loki stabs Thor with a dagger. I really can't see him having enough time though.

Thor just throws his hammer and smooshes whoever is in the way, and I'm not buying Magneto stopping the hammer. Not with Odin's enchantment on it. Let's not forget, once Thor proves himself worthy the hammer actually returns to his hand. Even when Thor is KO'd.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnid View Post
    I'd give Sabertooth good odds against anyone who isn't Thor, Iron Man, or Hulk. Same with Mystique. Toad is kind of a no-factor outside of blinding or suffocating people with mucus.
    I'd actually say that Cap can take Sabertooth in a fight, it wouldn't be all that easy but he could do it, and the same for Black Widow beating Mystique.

I'd actually say that Cap can take Sabertooth in a fight, it wouldn't be all that easy but he could do it, and the same for Black Widow beating Mystique.
    Possibly for Cap vs Sabretooth. I cant remember enough of Sabretooths feats in Origins. I do remember him taking that optic blast from Deadpool at point blank and coming out of it no worse for wear. His healing factor had a ridiculous upgrade that movie. I also remember he had pretty good reflexes because he managed to outmaneuver and kill a teleporter. He was pretty strong and fast in that movie too. All that combined with those claws make him a pretty formidable opponent.

For Mystique vs Widow, I was originally going to argue for Widow, but then I remembered that scene from X-2 where she maneuvered out of the restraints before any one of the trained men surrounding her could react and proceeded to man-handle he way through all those guys with assault rifles unloading on her. I couldn't see Widow doing the same there. She was good, but Mystique was super human. That's why I think she may be able to outfight Cap, Widow, and Hawkeye.

In a Captain America vs Sabretooth (X1 & Origins combined) fight, I think Creed's healing factor gives him the edge over Cap. Their offensive outputs are almost equal however, wheres Creed will heal/recover from any damage done by Cap; Steve won't heal fast enough from any of the claw damage done by Creed. Even with his enhanced stamina, I think Cap will slowly wear down but it will be a long fight.

In a Black Widow vs Mystique fight, I don't think it's even close. Mystique displayed close to superhuman reflexes and agility. Natasha's conventional fighting style won't be any good against Mystique.