Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Movie Avengers v. Movie Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants

Sugested from the Movie Xmen v. Movie Avengers thread.

Captain America
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow

-vs-

Magneto
    Mystique
    Toad
    Sabertooth
    Juggernaut
    Pyro

I don't post much here except to ask questions, so if I've make any mistakes, apologies up front.:)

I don't think Magneto can stop Thor. None of the Magnetos could throw up a force shield to stop Thor from just charging through him. Nor did he create enough of a mundane shield from metal parts to resist that kind of force. Cap, Black Widow, and Hawkeye are probably just as good or no worse than Mystique, Toad, Sabertooth, or Juggernaut in fighting. Pyro is a dude, so he'll be out in seconds.

Magneto can't concentrate long enough to do terrible things to Thor. He can probably do terrible things to Iron Man, but not Thor. Nobody on either side can stop Thor.

Veteran Member

Magneto has shown the ability to generate lifting force far greater than Mjolnir has been shown to resist, so unless we are willing to give movie Odin's worthiness enchantment a no-limits treatment, I reckon that Magneto beats Thor to death with his own hammer.

If you are referring to Magneto lifting the sub in First Class, or the Golden Gate bridge in Last Stand, Magneto had to concentrate fully, straining himself. He can't do that if Thor flies through him at start like he did with the monster in Jotunheim.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    I don't think Magneto can stop Thor. None of the Magnetos could throw up a force shield to stop Thor from just charging through him. Nor did he create enough of a mundane shield from metal parts to resist that kind of force. Cap, Black Widow, and Hawkeye are probably just as good or no worse than Mystique, Toad, Sabertooth, or Juggernaut in fighting. Pyro is a dude, so he'll be out in seconds.

Magneto can't concentrate long enough to do terrible things to Thor. He can probably do terrible things to Iron Man, but not Thor. Nobody on either side can stop Thor.
    Do you think Magneto could do anything with Thor's hammer at all?

If not, he is toast.

Movie Juggernaut has some level of enhanced strength and invunerablity, but he wasn't shown to be much stronger than Logan, IRRC. So while Cap, Hawkeye and Black Widow's weapons are probably ineffective against him, he isn't going to beat down somebody like Cap either.

Movie Sabertooth has a healing factor. I don't think he could regengerate having his head blown clean off by Iron Man, Thor or even Hawkeye with a bomb arrow however.

Black Widow would probably just shoot Pyro. Toad only lasts a second longer.

Maybe Mystique could use the confusion to escape.

There isn't anything stopping Thor or Hulk from soloing all these guys.

I guess the question is could they do it before Magneto kills Stark and depending on the size of the arena he might not even be able to manage even that.

Maybe I should add the Omegas from Xmen the Last Stand to help the Brotherhood out.

Magneto Would crush Iron man and everyone on the Team except for thor.

I agree with Deadman. Magneto pretty much handles everyone except Thor. Caps metal shield wont do him any good. Iron Man is encased in metal so he is screwed. Hawkeye had a metal bow, a metal quiver, and metal arrows. He's screwed. Black Widows gun and equipment is metal.

Thor is the only reason the Avengers win. Magnetos not going to do anything to him. The best he can hope for is to immobilize him by encasing him in the metal from everyone elses stuff while the rest of the Brotherhood let loose. Unfortunately, thats a long shot. Unless he just blocks thors airway with some metal. Does that work? There was a point that Thor was hanging in space and he didn't seem to need to breath. Then again, he was talking so that was probably some kind of magical Asgard thing. I'm not sure what to make of Thor. And thats assuming Thor does nothing, which he wouldn't. Either way, I think lightning makes it a win for Thor.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    Magneto Would crush Iron man and everyone on the Team except for thor.
    Movie Magento was pretty exculsively limited to being only able to manipulate Metals.

He could fling away Cap's, Hawkeye's and Black Widow's weapons. He could do considerably worse to Iron Man.

Thor's been shown to have great control over his hammer from a distance, so even if Maggy strips it away from him Thor might be able to call it back.

But If Hawkeye ran up to Maggy and beat him to death with his bow there is little he could do about it. 'Tasha or Cap would just use thier bare hands.

I don't see what Magneto could do to Hulk save bleed on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Sugested from the Movie Xmen v. Movie Avengers thread.

Captain America
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow

-vs-

Magneto
    Mystique
    Toad
    Sabertooth
    Juggernaut
    Pyro

I don't post much here except to ask questions, so if I've make any mistakes, apologies up front.:)
    It really comes down to whether or not Magneto's ability to multitask is good enough to take down Iron Man and Thor at the same time. In a one on one fight he could do it.

However, with the two of them together I'm somewhat........ skeptical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Magneto has shown the ability to generate lifting force far greater than Mjolnir has been shown to resist, so unless we are willing to give movie Odin's worthiness enchantment a no-limits treatment, I reckon that Magneto beats Thor to death with his own hammer.
    Mjolnir resisted Hulk.

And given that Hulk stopped one of those giant snake things with one punch, I would say Mjolnir certainly has demonstrated resistance on that level (on the basis that those things were huge and were tearing through skyscrapers without even trying, which I would say is up there with lifting the bridge).

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Movie Magento was pretty exculsively limited to being only able to manipulate Metals.

He could fling away Cap's, Hawkeye's and Black Widow's weapons. He could do considerably worse to Iron Man.

Thor's been shown to have great control over his hammer from a distance, so even if Maggy strips it away from him Thor might be able to call it back.

But If Hawkeye ran up to Maggy and beat him to death with his bow there is little he could do about it. 'Tasha or Cap would just use thier bare hands.

I don't see what Magneto could do to Hulk save bleed on him.
    You didnt put Hulk on the list. ALso Magneto can just find a metal object and keep Hawkeye and Widow slammed up against the wall like he had the X-men in liberty island.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    You didnt put Hulk on the list. ALso Magneto can just find a metal object and keep Hawkeye and Widow slammed up against the wall like he had the X-men in liberty island.
    There are no metal objects to find in Khazan.

And I imagine he left Hulk out to avoid a stomp.

I say Thor handles this.
    Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post

KJ? Seriously? No metal objects in a match against Iron Man and Cap?

I mean, I respect your ire and everything buddy, but I'd say that's a little disingenuous.

(I agree there's no random metal objects lying around though).
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post

Iron man can be Magnetos entire weapon.