Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Really there aren't enough characters in the Marvel Movie-verse to pull Civil War off even if they wanted to.

I assume that Marvel probably has the rights back for Blade and Elektra and Man Thing, but that still doesn't help(and Blade is better off in an R-Rated universe as he was).

Now stuff like Secret Invasion, Dark Reign and even the Infinty Gauntlet Marvel could pull off with the characters they have now.
    You think CW would fail because you keep thinking of the 2005 Civil War written by Mark Millar, drawn by Steve McNiven and how it touched thousands of Marvel characters. I think it's reductive thinking on your part. This can be done on a smaller squale. Goverment Avengers vs free spirits Avengers. And you could have the Skrulls disguising themselves as various heroes to create more stryfe amongst the various factions.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Another idea would be to have each heroes in their various movies mounting themselves a small army of their own. Like Iron Man already has War Machine as ally in his movie, he could add others. Thor would have The Warrior Three on his group along with Sif and possibly Balder. Hulk/Banner could have She-Hulk, Doc Samson and so forth. With Cap you have Falcon, maybe a new Bucky could be trained, you could see the return of Winter Soldier to help out and Sharon Carter, etc...Then in the next Avengers flick it's various factions going to war.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    You think CW would fail because you keep thinking of the 2005 Civil War written by Mark Millar, drawn by Steve McNiven and how it touched thousands of Marvel characters. I think it's reductive thinking on your part. This can be done on a smaller squale. Goverment Avengers vs free spirits Avengers. And you could have the Skrulls disguising themselves as various heroes to create more stryfe amongst the various factions.
    Really, you could even scale it down to just a Captain America movie storyline if they wanted.

Government forcing a registration, Cap disagreeing, and Black Widow and Hawkeye being sent to bring him in.

Not saying that's the way to go... but the idea can and frankly should be scaled down to quite a bit in order to fit into a 2 hour movie. If they run it as a subplot through all the movies, it would give them a little more room to expand it... but ultimately trying to fit the actual comic book version into movie form would be just impossible.

theyd have to include the (road to civil war ) in some phase 3 movies first then have the civil war movie probably with a five minute "previously on avengers"
    problem solved for the casual viewer
    Knight is not dead he's just waiting for a new steed

Am I alone in hoping that they do a completely original story line? Just because there is source material, doesn't mean you should draw directly from it. I should be used as a blueprint for how characters would react in a new situation.

I would much rather watch my favorite characters in a new adventure than a re-imagining of something that's already been done. That you kind of have an idea how its going to end because you already read that story at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by soundjam View Post
    I would much rather watch my favorite characters in a new adventure than a re-imagining of something that's already been done. That you kind of have an idea how its going to end because you already read that story at least once.
    exactly. and civil war was something that was done so terribly and ended badly for everyone involved.

Because Civil War was awful.

Seriously, if they want to use an event as the plot, Secret Invasion would be much better. The problem is that I don't think they have the rights to the Skrulls. :(

........I liked civil war.
    Stand high long enough and your lightning will come

Quote Originally Posted by Twil View Post
    dishonour on you
    dishonour on your cow
    etc

I got the graphic audio Civil War audio book because the one they did for infinite crisis was awesome,but civil war sucked they made it worse than the comic , I didn't know how that was possible.
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

Quote Originally Posted by Twil View Post
    I loved civil war it was the ending was perfect and very captian america like
    ...and showed tony stark to be the self centred egotistical douche we all knew him to be
    secret invasion was terrible all that savage land doppelgänger rubbish
    and the terrible ending with osborne(the only good bit was the x men saving san fran)
    Knight is not dead he's just waiting for a new steed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    It's not about Cap being a goverment stooge. Cap is pretty naive in this new World and probably sees authority with a whole different view than the other Avengers and to even 616 Cap from the comics. You take a soldier from 1945 and bring him here right now, he'll follow the President like the USA are fighting Hitler every day.

Tony though he's very different from the comics, he's a free spirit and we've seen him time and time again being annoyed that Shield is in the way.

I think a Civil War would likely be Shield Avengers + Cap vs the others.
    What are they even teaching in history classes these days?

Movie Steve was a child of the twenties and a teenager during the Depression. He saw protests and riots and people who thought Hoover was the devil.

He does not come from a "black and white" world where everyone followed the president mindlessly. He comes from a world torn apart by a lot of things and corrupt politicians - and people of his time knew it just as well as we do.

The 60s did not invent the concept of people being discontent with the government.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dregj View Post
    I loved civil war it was the ending was perfect and very captian america like
    ...and showed tony stark to be the self centred egotistical douche we all knew him to be
    secret invasion was terrible all that savage land doppelgänger rubbish
    and the terrible ending with osborne(the only good bit was the x men saving san fran)
    I go back and forth with Civil War. It did get me into comics, but really, it was the start of the bad trend of Marvel turning fan onto fan. I sided with Iron Man, but my GOD, did they make his side so blatantly evil. I hate how Marvel does this "All the COOL heroes here, all the jerks on the other side!"
    I don't know. I like the atmosphere of Civil War, and I'm happy it wasn't a POST APOCALYPSE THE WOLRD IS GONNA BLOW UP comic.

I would just like that moment in Civil War play to life on screen, Iron Man: Robert Downy Jr. at this point well favored turns heel and Captain America: Chris Evans doesn't shake his hand and all of shield chases Cap. That was very cinematic for a panel. That could be boiled down into Avengers 3 and that same summer you could have a live action Planet Hulk.

At the time I suspect Marvel was wondering whether licensing ideas to video games would turn out to one day be as valuable as the movie business. Haven't various Marvel writers also co-written video games?

Civil War might be questionable as a movie idea but it was perfectly fine as part of a video game?