Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Sentinal of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Default Why there won't be an Avengers: Civil War Movie

Even though CW was a blockbuster comics event it would be impossible to make an accessible CW film.

First and foremost, there are not enough superheroes with secret identities in tbe Marvel Cinematic Universe to warrant an across the board registration. Nowhere in any of the Marvel Studios releases have there ever even been the mention of a mutant, let alone Spiderman or any potential vigilante threats.

That said, I love the dynamic between Cap and Iron Man. I hope that in the future their personal differences continue to be expanded on while ultimately their heroic similarities continue to kick the big bad's ass.

I would hope the answer would be, "Because the story sucked."

add "a lot" and that's why
    Cyclops ad portas

It would be cool if marvel could buy back the characters and then had a cw movie, though it could be tricky cause cw opened the door for other storylines that concluded years after and I don't see them be a part of a said movie. So it could be super stupid, tryng start and end cw in 2 hours.
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

Actually a take on CW is one of the easiest stories to adapt for the MCU, playing upon the issues raised in Iron Man 2 regarding Stark's armour being handed over to the government, and those raised in Avengers regarding SHIELD's purpose and the shadowy UN council.

It's not about the masks; it's about who decides what's right and wrong.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

I just think it’s a bad idea.

1) Cap’s side was obviously right, and they villainize Iron Man’s side far too much.

2) We already had enough Avenger vs. Avenger fights in the first Avengers film.

3) Hero vs. Hero is always pointless.

4) There’s no where near enough heroes for it to happen.

Civil War is a gimmick. It creates a very flimsy reason for the two sides to fight by leaving what registers means to be very vague. There is no way Iron Man from the movies to act like he does in Civil War.

And why the hell do people want Civil War for the big screen?! It’s not the ultimate Marvel Story! Honestly, I think the people who want a Civil War movie are just really casual comic fans. There’s so much more that can be done that the huge “Cap is Jesus” comic story.

Again, STOP THINKING CIVIL WAR IS SOME ULTIMATE STORY!

Then it should be about the heroes vs those trying to control them.

After Iron man 2 to suddenly have Tony jump to the side of the heroes who agree with government involvement would look stupid.

Mind you, after reading Armor Wars, the way Tony acted in Civil War is dumb as hell.

Frankly, if I was a villain in today's comics, ANY plan would involve:

1) make the heroes think one of their own did something bad

2) while they're busy fighting each other, pull off my big scheme

3) even if my plan fails or I am captured, no big. They'll mistrust each other even more the next time I get free and have another scheme.

To be fair noone acted how they shoud have in civill war storyline.
    Putting it on the big screen is a horrible idea.
    The lack of originality will always bother me

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Then it should be about the heroes vs those trying to control them.

After Iron man 2 to suddenly have Tony jump to the side of the heroes who agree with government involvement would look stupid.

Mind you, after reading Armor Wars, the way Tony acted in Civil War is dumb as hell.
    Story adaptation; doesn't have to be Iron Man on the Pro-Reg side in an adapted story. Anyway, I'm just saying the elements are there, but no it wouldn't make a whole movie and would most likely be a middle act in a three act scenario which goes watershed > conflict > facing up to those pulling the strings.

However it's not going to happen. If it happens at all, which is unlikely, I'd see it as part of an arc for Cap 2 rather than across the whole franchise, and wouldn't involve all the Avengers.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Whilst the Civil War storyline itself wouldn't fit the big screen all that well, for numerous reasons, a lot of the issues it threw up regarding how you'd deal with a load of super powered people running around the country would. In the real world, the government would most likely get the heroes working for them, which is exactly whats happened in the movies, (which makes sense, since the movies are more 'real' world based). Whilst the heroes haven't put up too much of a fight to this so far, I can certainly see a similar situation to what happened in Ultimates 2 being the basis for a sub-plot going through the next phase of movies. We've already had Tony reacting angrily to the government trying to take his Iron Man tech in IM2, and the team's displeasure with the revelation SHIELD was using the cube to make weapons, so things are set up nicely for this.
    Currently Reading: Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man vol 2, Ultimate Comics: Ultimates, Ultimate Comics: X-Men

Avengers vs SHIELD in the next movie, then?

Frankly, the fact that SHIELD insisted Natasha be Tony's watchdog should be a point, too.

"We'll LET you be Iron Man so long as Natasha gives us good reports and you behave yourself." is essentially what I got out of it.

BANNED

How is that even a challenge?

Frankly, the fact that SHIELD insisted Natasha be Tony's watchdog should be a point, too.

"We'll LET you be Iron Man so long as Natasha gives us good reports and you behave yourself." is essentially what I got out of it.
    Three acts would be...

1) Avengers w/SHIELD vs. SOMETHING. A terrible thing happens, innocent lives lost, etc.
    2) Avengers vs. SHIELD, with some side switching and arguments while fighting. Terrible thing revealed to have been orchestrated.
    3) Avengers & SHIELD vs. Forces of the Shadowy Cabal, presumably with super-powered but flawed agents of their own.
    Post credit sequence where the Avengers are shown trying deep fried pizza.

Tadah.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    How is that even a challenge?
    Weapons made from a Cosmic Cube seem pretty powerful to me?

And the team you're fighting knows EVERYTHING about you? Hell, two of your teammates could still be active moles for SHIELD and turn on you mid-battle.