Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I'm just curious, but the author of the article and some posters here have called the main DCU "Earth Prime" rather than "Earth 1." Is that DC's official designation for it now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    That's because they're only C-cups. Prophets foretold that one day we would see a "flat-chested" comic book woman, but I never thought I'd live to see it...

-D
    they look squeezed together

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    That's because they're only C-cups. Prophets foretold that one day we would see a "flat-chested" comic book woman, but I never thought I'd live to see it...

-D
    Ehe-ehm, somebody isn't reading Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by pad View Post
    I'm just curious, but the author of the article and some posters here have called the main DCU "Earth Prime" rather than "Earth 1." Is that DC's official designation for it now?
    Didio said so. Earth One is for the original graphic novels, like the one from JMS and the new one from Johns (Superman Earth One and Batman Earth One).

Quote Originally Posted by photonex68 View Post
    Like he's so hesitant to kill characters.

It's my one big quibble with Robinson's writing: that he seems to think a villain isn't tough enough until s/he kills a whole bunch of people.
    Can you really peg this on Robinson, it's more like a problem with a good chunk of the industry.

Like the costume. These covers help keep me interested in the book especially after the tantalizing first issue. Stupid monthly serial I want to see Earth-2 issue 2 tomorrow.

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    they look squeezed together
    ???

You mean that they aren't drawn like two separate globes that are attached to her chest despite whatever clothing or armor she is wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulett View Post
    Well, it could be Adolf Hitler (bizarre idea, I know, but it would link the JSA back to its WWII roots) or perhaps Per Degaton. But the one who I think it it likely to be - and who has firm GL links - is Vandal Savage.

I cannot think of any Earth-2 villains that are instantly recognisable, unless they are going to use an Earth-2 counterpart of an 'Earth Prime' villain.
    I doubt it's Vandal Savage since he'll be in DC Universe Presents' next arc. It'll be a present day arc. I also doubt that it's Per Degaton since James Robinso dismissed writing him so early (comicvine podcast). It looks like Solomon Grundy is the most likely. Robinson hinted it would be a JSA villain and also an Alan Scott villain.

"Grundy like Bird lady". Great episode of JLAU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    ???

You mean that they aren't drawn like two separate globes that are attached to her chest despite whatever clothing or armor she is wearing.
    yea they look compressed...poorgirl

I don't know why but I was hoping for Kendra, but oh well she looks like she will be a fun character!

Amazing art. This series just made the pull list for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    I don't know why but I was hoping for Kendra, but oh well she looks like she will be a fun character!
    I believe Robinson said in the interview that this is Kendra.

Quote Originally Posted by DaronK View Post
    I believe Robinson said in the interview that this is Kendra.
    I think that you are right. That this Hawkgirl is Kendra.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Ehe-ehm, somebody isn't reading Wonder Woman.
    That is correct. Earth 2 and WF were my first DC comics in eight months, actually.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

Definitely love the design. I have to agree with so many others, the Earth 2 designs (sans Power Girl) are looking SO much better than the E-Prime designs. I do wonder who all was involved in the design processes (If it's Nicola, then for the love of Pete give her some E-Prime characters to do!)
    The color choice is interesting. I think the Hawk's usual green would have looked good in this style and paired with the black, but the blue looks good too. (I had never heard of white hawks before, thanks to the above poster for pointing them out, they are gorgeous birds.) About the wings though...there are no visible straps that the Hawks usually have to hold their artificial wings on, plus these dont look that artificial (as far as Hawkgirl/man's usually do.) So I'm wondering if they are real.

I also have to say I am more interested in the Earth 2 stable than the Earth Prime now. I definitely would love to see more books coming out and headlining those sets of characters!!
    Not all who wander are lost....

Hawkgirl looks awesome !! I wish we had a comic book store in my area or I could subscribe to this through DC.I will have to wait till this comes in a trade paperback to get it!

Hawkgirl looks great, now if only Superman from Earth-23 traveled the multiverse and joined the JSA... :)