Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I assume she is Egyptian. Which would make sense considering the Earth-2 Hawks backstory. Of course Egypt is in Africa so technically she would be African-American.

My first thought was Grundy as far as recognizable. What if he's actually powered by the Starheart or an aspect of it?
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djm72 View Post
    I assume she is Egyptian. Which would make sense considering the Earth-2 Hawks backstory. Of course Egypt is in Africa so technically she would be African-American.
    Does anyone know how often has members of the Hawkfamily (on any earth) have been depicted as looking like they could be from Egypt?

Also...I'm not sure about the guns but I do like the costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Does anyone know how often has members of the Hawkfamily (on any earth) have been depicted as looking like they could be from Egypt?

Also...I'm not sure about the guns but I do like the costume.
    no but the hawkmans armor and history have lots of egyptian background, and this is supose to be a new character so its very possible its a Egyption woman

Quote Originally Posted by EveryLastPanel View Post
    He should be displeased, as should we all.

It's fighting with Captain Atom, monthly, to be the worst book in the DCnu.

Robinson should have been writing Hawkman from the word go.
    Are you speaking of non-cancelled books, because Mr. Terrific was by far the worst book in the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by djm72 View Post
    Doesn't Egypt have a mix of Arabic and African with Arabs having a higher percentage of the population? As for her being black, it's not 100% due to coloring used. She could be really tanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    no but the hawkmans armor and history have lots of egyptian background, and this is supose to be a new character so its very possible its a Egyption woman
    I knew about the Egyptian history. That's why I'm kinda surprised that no one has tried to make any of them Egyptian in an elseworld story or something before now.

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Exactly what I thought when saw it. My only thing is about the wings. Are they blue or white? Hope is blue because white wings remind me of doves, not hawks.
    Blue wings remind you of hawks?

Random stuff
    White hawks exist and the females are larger than the males.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Doesn't Egypt have a mix of Arabic and African with Arabs having a higher percentage of the population? As for her being black, it's not 100% due to coloring used. She could be really tanned.
    Her hair kinda looks like it's in braids and most associate braids with people of African decent, not that that means she definitely Black or anything. But from the looks of it is is most likely not White.
    Last edited by Mecegirl; 05-08-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Cover looks great, as does the costume design. Nicola Scott should rock the Hawkgirl art, if her solid BoP run is any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I knew about the Egyptian history. That's why I'm kinda surprised that no one has tried to make any of them Egyptian in an elseworld story or something before now.

Blue wings remind you of hawks?

Random stuff
    White hawks exist and the females are larger than the males.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Hawk

Her hair kinda looks like it's in braids and most associate braids with people of African decent, not that that means she definitely Black or anything. But from the looks of it is is most likely not White.
    No (I was sure someone would said that ), but at least the would fit with the rest of the costume.
    And as u noticed that white hawk does not have completely white wings, but their feathers have black tops.

PS I know I'm inquisitive with the comment on the colour of the wings, but that comes with the hobby...
    Last edited by new_onslaught; 05-08-2012 at 08:14 AM.

After seeing/reading this and Earth 2, does anyone else wish they would start cancelling some crap books and adding more to Earth 2, and let Robinson write them to create a whole cohesive universe?

Hell I'd drop just about all the regular 52 books to get a full realized rebooted universe...

I like it alot, but the colors are throwing me off. The blue and white don't make me think 'hawk'.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberoo View Post
    I like it alot, but the colors are throwing me off. The blue and white don't make me think 'hawk'.
    The previous one had a bright yellow top and emerald green pants, I don't really see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DaronK View Post
    After seeing/reading this and Earth 2, does anyone else wish they would start cancelling some crap books and adding more to Earth 2, and let Robinson write them to create a whole cohesive universe?
    Let's give it time, but this is a great idea. Earth2 could be the Ultimate Universe.

Wow... I think that I will ask to my retailer to add this book on my monthly pull list...

How I hate DC Comics with all these titles I am forced to buy because they are so good... How I hate DC...

Quote Originally Posted by DaronK View Post

Hell I'd drop just about all the regular 52 books to get a full realized rebooted universe...
    Well the next round of cancellations haven't happened yet... Maybe once more spots open up something like that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    The previous one had a bright yellow top and emerald green pants, I don't really see the problem.
    I didn't say it was a problem.

Her old wings were tan. When I see white wings, I think dove or angel.