Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    Just like before pre-Flashpoint when Robinson co-created Kendra, he made it a point for Kendra to not share the cliché boob-factor common in female comic book characters. It wasn't until the previous Hawkman title was retitled "Hawkgirl" where Howard Chaykin decided to reboobify Hawkgirl arbitrarily. I see this C-cup as Robinson's intent to rectify things back to the way he intended when he created her originally.
    Weeeellll... I will point out that Kendra's very, VERY first appearance featured a massive concession to T&A, with Kendra pulling her shirt up to expose underboob, then a topless, bending over pose (in shadow, but with full outline), and they were pretty large there. (Don't judge me for remembering, I was a teenager!)

But I have no trouble believing that's not what Robinson intended, and I don't remember that kind of thing ever being repeated with her.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    You know guys that guns were actually invented before 1990? I know, it sounds weird, but that's the truth.
    Yeah, and for those who think double gun wielding is a 90s thing these two gentlemen would like to have words with you:

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Weeeellll... I will point out that Kendra's very, VERY first appearance featured a massive concession to T&A, with Kendra pulling her shirt up to expose underboob, then a topless, bending over pose (in shadow, but with full outline), and they were pretty large there. (Don't judge me for remembering, I was a teenager!)

But I have no trouble believing that's not what Robinson intended, and I don't remember that kind of thing ever being repeated with her.

-D
    Was this JSA #1 where she's on top of a cliff staring outwards? Hmm gonna have to find that issue and see...for educational purposes, of course.

Was this JSA #1 where she's on top of a cliff staring outwards? Hmm gonna have to find that issue and see...for educational purposes, of course.
    JSA Secret Files and Origins #1, I believe.

Lotsa eyeshadow too, as my teenage self recalls.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrawler71 View Post
    Solomon Grundy seems like the only one who fits the description.
    Agreed. Zombies = Solomon Grundy

EDIT: In our zombie-crazed culture with movies like Brad Pitt's World War Z coming out in the months ahead, it would be uber cool to see a classic JSA villain like Grundy get the spotlight in the big initial storyarc. Personally, the idea of JSA versus a zombie army sounds like a truly awesome idea.
    Last edited by Flashpoint; 05-08-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pad View Post
    I'm just curious, but the author of the article and some posters here have called the main DCU "Earth Prime" rather than "Earth 1." Is that DC's official designation for it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro
    Didio said so. Earth One is for the original graphic novels, like the one from JMS and the new one from Johns (Superman Earth One and Batman Earth One).
    Sorry if someone replied to this in a later page (I'm working through this thread from front to back). Actually, Didio stated the official name is Prime Earth---not Earth Prime.

*Prime Earth
    *Earth 1 (the graphic novel line continuity)
    *Earth 2 (the JSA continuity)

So all the numbered Earths come after Prime Earth.
    Last edited by Flashpoint; 05-08-2012 at 02:29 PM.

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    yep.

Aw...I miss Zinda.
    Not all who wander are lost....

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

She reminds of Swift, from the Authority. Which is not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    I doubt it's Vandal Savage since he'll be in DC Universe Presents' next arc. It'll be a present day arc. I also doubt that it's Per Degaton since James Robinso dismissed writing him so early (comicvine podcast). It looks like Solomon Grundy is the most likely. Robinson hinted it would be a JSA villain and also an Alan Scott villain.

"Grundy like Bird lady". Great episode of JLAU.
    Never saw it, but I love your comments here--and I share your view. It seems so obvious that it's Grundy...but obvious in a good way.

That's cool about Hawkgirl versus Grundy. I wish I'd seen it. Sounds super.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Looks awesome . Which kind of makes me sad given that Hawkman right now is so not awesome
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-08-2012 at 03:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Yeah, and for those who think double gun wielding is a 90s thing these two gentlemen would like to have words with you:

Yeah I thought it was obvious that Robinson was going for a pulp feel here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah I thought it was obvious that Robinson was going for a pulp feel here.
    Well, I was also thinking of this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19145442_1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	93002

It's officially "Prime Earth", and not "Earth Prime" like we've seen some people say lately...the confusion caused by an "Earth Prime" having previously existed in prior DC multiverses.

Here's a quick overview of the "Prime" universes off the top of my head (if anyone notices if I'm missing any please feel free to correct me):

*Earth-Prime - Pre-Crisis, The Earth/universe WE are on in reality with no superheroes, no superpowers, except for Superboy Prime (where the original "Superboy" comics take place).

*Earth Prime (unofficially) - Post-Crisis, The Earth/universe WE are on in reality with no superheroes, no superpowers, no Superboy Prime, where we last saw an alternate version of Wally West (Walter) end up. This universe is not part of any multiverse, but is part of Hypertime.

*Earth Prime - Post-IC, The Earth/universe WE are on in reality with no superheroes, no superpowers, where the same Superboy Prime from Pre-Crisis Earth-Prime is retroactively fit into...for all intents and purposes, it is different, but the same.

Prime Earth - Post-Flashpoint/New 52, The Earth/universe where as far as we know, all the titles DC is publishing at the moment are taking place in except for Earth Two, and at times Worlds' Finest.
    Wow, much more in-depth than my reply to that comment. Yes, you got it right.

And though I groaned a bit when I heard Didio had flipped it to Prime Earth, it's actually kind of grown on me. I like the fact that the numbered Earths all come after THE Prime Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Wow, much more in-depth than my reply to that comment. Yes, you got it right.

And though I groaned a bit when I heard Didio had flipped it to Prime Earth, it's actually kind of grown on me. I like the fact that the numbered Earths all come after THE Prime Earth.
    I wouldn't attach too much importance to it one way or the other -- a few years from now no one is going to remember those Earth-One graphic novels, and everyone is just going to call "Prime Earth" Earth 1. Not out of spite or obstinance, just because that's what everyone's used to calling it and thinks of it as.

-D
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy

Did any of you get the DC free comic this weekend?
    That's not Kendra Sanders/Saunders(whichever they were using, I forget).
    Kendra yes, but not Sanders. . .
    "In times of CRISIS, it's of utmost importance to always keep ones' head."- M. Antionette

Dill Crockery Knoodle Jones-That Stillwell guy